Page 267 of 575 FirstFirst ... 167 217 257 265 266 267 268 269 277 317 367 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,005 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

That was effing pathetic.

Most of the people at the park were not drunk. All of the people that were at the surrounding bars were. Opening day in CO is one of the best opening days in the league. This place is freaking electric from the time the sun goes up til the time it goes down.

I read that attendance is expected to be down this year.....I wouldn't go if that is the product they are going to put on the field. So they gave Cargo and Tulo contracts.....and a 49 year old as their 2nd pitcher. Maybe the Monforts need to put out for some pitching, because right now....we suck.

2. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Let's hope this year is a reversal of last year, when they started out like gangbusters, where national sportscasters/sportswriters were crowning them to win the world series, and they went in the toilet the 2nd half of the season.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rockies’ Jeremy Guthrie plays catch, leaves inspired by local college student

Jeremy Guthrie just needed to play catch Tuesday, nothing more. The off day left Coors Field a ghost town so the Rockies pitcher tweeted a message from his account @JGuthrie46, looking for someone to play a little long toss in preparation for tonight’s start against the Giants at Coors Field.

Woody Roseland, a student at Metro State, replied first. He told Guthrie via Twitter that he was downtown, had his glove, declaring, “Let’s do this.”

Guthrie met Roseland at the field, taking connecting with fans to an entire new level. Left it that, it would have been a cool day. But Roseland inspired Guthrie. Roseland is a five-time cancer survivor, whose leg was amputated. He shares his story of hope as a public speaker, blending humor in his message of courage. Details can be found at woodyroseland.com
    rest - it's good - http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/...student/11453/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That's awesome.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Nicasio gives up two runs and throws over 40 pitches in the 1st, no bueno.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Nicasio gives up two runs and throws over 40 pitches in the 1st, no bueno.
    He's young. He'll rebound. Great comeback tonight. Something we had a hard time with last year.

I am liking Rogers in the long relief role.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

Todd ******* helton!!!! God damn!!!!!!!!!
    Born and raised in DC....living in Denver. I love the Redskins, and the Broncos!

10. The Following User High Fived skins_fan82 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rockies’ Pacheco optioned to make room for Pomeranz

Drew Pomeranz’s return to the big leagues Sunday required a corresponding move. The Rockies activated the left-handed starter, sending Jordan Pacheco to Triple-A Colorado Springs.

Pacheco tripled in Saturday’s game, and has been sharing time at third base with Chris Nelson. Pacheco is hitting .200 in 10 at-bats. With Nelson showing improvement offensively (.273 in 22 at-bats), and manager Jim Tracy liking Jonathan Herrera’s defensive versatility, Pacheco became the odd man out.

“Good luck to the big club keep it going. My time is to go help my boys in Springs. #believeit,” Pacheco tweeted from his @JstyleP account.
    rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/...omeranz/11552/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Man, they should have sent Hererra down, not Pacheco. Freaking Jim Tracy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

Is this what we have to expect from the Rockies this season? Starters getting ripped, Rockies down by 3+ runs early, and then we're playing catch up the rest of the game?
    Born and raised in DC....living in Denver. I love the Redskins, and the Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
    Is this what we have to expect from the Rockies this season? Starters getting ripped, Rockies down by 3+ runs early, and then we're playing catch up the rest of the game?
    10 games down, 152 to go. Fredrich is looking really good in AAA, he held the Vegas 51s to 1 run through 7 innings yesterday. I think even with this slow start we have a good chance in getting the wild card (again), but we shouldn't really be considered contenders until next year.

Tulowitzki has to stop thinking that he has to do it all for this team, and I don't think Jim Tracy is going to get him to change his attitude about it. And honestly, I don't think we will see another season like '09 until Jim Tracy is no longer managing this team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I love Thnikk the eternal optimist. What indication do you have that we may contend for the wild card? Our bottom five pitching staff? Or our ridiculously bad defense? Maybe our underachieving lineup? I mean, I hope you are right - but right now we look like a last place team.

I'm starting to come around on Tracy. I still think he's a good manager from a player relate-ability standpoint, but why is it that we have to field a AAA team on Sundays? Does everyone on the team really need a day off?

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I love Thnikk the eternal optimist. What indication do you have that we may contend for the wild card? Our bottom five pitching staff? Or our ridiculously bad defense? Maybe our underachieving lineup? I mean, I hope you are right - but right now we look like a last place team.

I'm starting to come around on Tracy. I still think he's a good manager from a player relate-ability standpoint, but why is it that we have to field a AAA team on Sundays? Does everyone on the team really need a day off?
    I'm optomistic because I know who we have in AA and AAA that are on their way. JDLR's time table has been moved up to June (he threw 40 pitches of a simulated game a couple of days ago). Oh, and Tulo is playing with a hip flexer injury right now. I have more confidence that this team will start to figure things out by the middle of May. The Giants, Padres, and D-Baqs have more issues than we do I think, and I don't believe that the Dodgers are going to play this way all year.

With all my optimism, I'm not going to be surprised if we go another season without playoffs, but I think we have a better chance with this roster than last years.

17. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Moyer becomes oldest to win a game as Rockies edge Padres 5-3

Jamie Moyer sat by his locker Tuesday afternoon, looking through wire-rim glasses at his composition book. It includes copious notes, reminders of how he wants to attack hitters.

Until two years ago, Moyer studied tendencies on VCR tapes (kids ask your parents). He made his major-league debut when Ferris Bueller was in theatres, and has rarely taken a day off since over the past 25 years.

"I can't even imagine playing that long," outfielder Carlos Gonzalez said. "It's amazing."
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...ckies-win-over

I am happy for Jamie - he pitched a good game, and it was great that the bats came alive when needed, and the errors did not lose the game for him.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

It's funny, because even though he's only 1-2, Jamie has an ERA of just 2.55. If he would get some help in the field (8 errors this season when Moyer is on the mound) he'd probably be 2-1

20. The Following User High Fived skins_fan82 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information