Page 478 of 575 FirstFirst ... 378 428 468 476 477 478 479 480 488 528 ... LastLast
Results 7,156 to 7,170 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Somebody tell me how to feel about this........some $$$ into 1b is cool....and im down to trade a OF for any pitching (no cargo plz.....) but....ummmm....bullpen? Hello?
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Somebody tell me how to feel about this........some $$$ into 1b is cool....and im down to trade a OF for any pitching (no cargo plz.....) but....ummmm....bullpen? Hello?
    He'll rake in Denver. Just relax, it's December.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Rockies pitcher Chad Bettis has testicular cancer, expects full recovery, per report

Colorado Rockies pitcher Chad Bettis was diagnosed with testicular cancer last month but expects to make a full recovery, according to a report by ESPN.

Bettis had surgery on Nov. 29 to have a testicle removed, he told ESPN in a statement, but he expects to report to spring training in Arizona in February and be a part of the Rockies starting rotation next season.

“During an appointment in November, my doctor noticed an abnormality and ordered further tests and advanced blood work,” Bettis said in a statement released to ESPN through his agent, Matt Sosnick. “The following Monday, I was diagnosed with testicular cancer and had one of my testicles removed the next day.”
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/12...icular-cancer/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rockies sign reliever Mike Dunn to three-year, $19 million deal

The Rockies’ plan to rebuild their bullpen took a big step forward Thursday when the Rockies signed left-handed free-agent reliever Mike Dunn to a three-year contract.

Multiple major-league sources confirmed that the deal is for three years, $19 million. The Rockies have announced a 12:30 p.m. news conference to announce the signing.

Dunn, 31, formerly a reliever for the Miami Marlins, has close ties to new Rockies bench coach Mike Redmond, the former Marlins manager. He will become the Rockies’ primary left-handed reliever, taking over for Boone Logan, who is now a free agent.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2016/12/15...reliever-deal/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Sheehan and Rany on Effectively Wild today. Bagging on the Rockies' offseason moves. Maybe I should be more skeptical.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Sheehan and Rany on Effectively Wild today. Bagging on the Rockies' offseason moves. Maybe I should be more skeptical.
    Paying for Desmond on his declining years and overpaying for Dunn? Were those generally their critiques?

Adopted Bronco:

I think part of the problem is they have WAY too many outfielders and are trying to convince the rest of MLB and the fans that some of them will fit in other spots. meanwhile, they are setting ridiculous expectations in trade opportunities. I can understand asking for Gausman or Stroman for Blackmon at first...but when you get 3 months into the winter without anyone conceding, you have to alter what you expect in return. they havent done that.

Deal Blackmon for a mid-rotation pitcher and a prospect...plug Desmond in CF and sign Trumbo. Offense will be loaded and pitching will be better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Paying for Desmond on his declining years and overpaying for Dunn? Were those generally their critiques?
    Somewhat. The critique on Dunn was too much money for a 6th inning guy who's 3.8 ERA is probably going to get worse at Coors. The critique on Desmond was giving up the 11th pick to sign a guy in his 30s who you don't even really have a spot for.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think part of the problem is they have WAY too many outfielders and are trying to convince the rest of MLB and the fans that some of them will fit in other spots. meanwhile, they are setting ridiculous expectations in trade opportunities. I can understand asking for Gausman or Stroman for Blackmon at first...but when you get 3 months into the winter without anyone conceding, you have to alter what you expect in return. they havent done that.

Deal Blackmon for a mid-rotation pitcher and a prospect...plug Desmond in CF and sign Trumbo. Offense will be loaded and pitching will be better.
    I have heard that our asking prices are too high in general. I still don't understand how Desmond makes sense as an everyday 1B and think something has gotta give. While I don't love the idea of overpaying for Trumbo on the wrong side of 30 - he sure would make all of the pieces fit a lot better.

FFS though - we better get another pitcher out of all this. We got some borderline bullpen help and our starting rotation still blows. It's as if they don't realize our pitching has been horrendous since the beginning of time and is in need of an upgrade.

Adopted Bronco:

I have heard that our asking prices are too high in general. I still don't understand how Desmond makes sense as an everyday 1B and think something has gotta give. While I don't love the idea of overpaying for Trumbo on the wrong side of 30 - he sure would make all of the pieces fit a lot better.

FFS though - we better get another pitcher out of all this. We got some borderline bullpen help and our starting rotation still blows. It's as if they don't realize our pitching has been horrendous since the beginning of time and is in need of an upgrade.
    I dont think you'll overpay for Trumbo. At this point, I could see him accepting a 3/45 deal...or even 1/17 to pad numbers in Denver and hit FA again next year when a pick isnt attached to his signing.

I'm with you on Desmond. Dude was league average at SS, but looked good converting to the OF. Now they want to introduce a whole new position all together. No, 1B isnt the hardest to play, but with his OF development...why change it again?

Personally, I'd give you Brad Brach and a starter prospect (not named Sedlock, Akin, Harvey or Dietz) for Blackmon. Unfortunately, the Rox wont talk about anyone other than Gausman and Duquette seems to think Seth Smith will be our answer in RF.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

@psaundersdp: By signing a two-year deal for $29.25 MM, #Rockies Arenado avoids arbitration for two years, would still have 1 ear of arb left in 2019.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Rockies also avoided arbitration with one-year deals with Tyler Chatwood and Charlie Blackmon today.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Troy Renck ‏@TroyRenck 1m

According @mlbtraderumors, Blackmon projects at $9 million and Chatwood at $4.8 M. @DenverChannel

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

MLB Free Agency: Colorado Rockies, Greg Holland agree to deal

http://www.purplerow.com/2017/1/25/1...lland-reliever

MLB Free Agency: Colorado Rockies close to deal with Greg Holland, per reports

http://www.purplerow.com/2017/1/25/1...and-deal-close

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

17. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Seems like a good calculated risk. Holland was money when he was healthy so the hope is he can return to form... Of course, that is always the case with the Rockies - it's a good signing, but not a great one, and has embedded risks. What say you, MO?

19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information