Page 98 of 575 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 108 148 198 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Where is he going to go? How will he work things out? Just has to pitch. I would think that he will be used in less pressure situations for a bit.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

I can't believe the Rocks are only 12 games back. I HIGHLY DOUBT this team with even finish with a winning record, but with over 100 games to play, you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Someone has a case of the Mondays.....
    By Thomas Harding / MLB.com
    CHICAGO -- It was inevitable that Rockies rookie right-hander Greg Reynolds would have a subpar performance at some point in his first season in the big leagues. So when manager Clint Hurdle removed him after 6 1/3 innings and six runs and eight walks against the Phillies in his last start, he used it as a teaching moment.
    When Hurdle went to the mound to take the baseball, he kept Reynolds there.

"We were just talking about some things, some coaching things," Hurdle said. "I wanted him to remember the moment. He's a pretty focused young man. He wasn't satisfied, by any means. He was very dissatisfied with his outing."

Reynolds, 22, the club's top Draft pick in 2006, had pitched well in his fist three outings, even though he didn't have a win to show for it. Now that the bad start is out of his way, Reynolds will try to show his best form and grab a victory on Monday night against the Dodgers in the opener of a three-game set.

Reynolds has impressed the Major League staff with his preparation for opponents, but his plan seemed off against the Phillies in the 6-1 defeat. He had given up one run in the first and seemed to settle down, but a five-run fifth was his undoing.

"He had two days to look at [the Phillies' lineup]," Hurdle said. "I don't know whether in the two days he looked at it, he came up with a plan, 'Maybe I've got to be Superman,' or, 'I've gotta do more than I'm capable of doing,' but he pitched outside himself the entire time he was out there. No strikeouts, seven walks and one intentional [base-on-balls], that was a 2-0 count.

"The ball wasn't down in the zone, by any means. It wasn't sinking very often. So as I said to him, 'This will be a great opportunity for you to look at the tape, make some honest evaluations, and I think at the end of the day, you'll realize this could be a very good learning experience as you go forward.'"

Pitching matchup
    COL: RHP Greg Reynolds (0-2, 5.40 ERA)
    Reynolds had all kinds of command issues in his last start in Philadelphia. Three of his walks were followed by home runs from Chase Utley and Geoff Jenkins in the fifth inning. Reynolds threw 101 pitches, but only 51 for strikes. This will be the fifth career Major League start for the 22-year-old righty, who is still looking for his first victory.

LAD: RHP Derek Lowe (2-5, 4.52 ERA)
    Lowe turned in his best start of the year and one of his best in several years when he put himself in position for his first win in nearly five weeks with seven scoreless innings against the Cubs. He scattered four hits but had the pressure on him throughout, as the Dodgers' offense gave him only one run in support. He has lost his last four decisions to the Rockies.

Tidbits
    Umpire Brian O'Nora, who left Saturday's game with a left leg injury, did not work Sunday's series finale with the Cubs, a 5-3 Rockies loss. Mike Muchlinski subbed for him behind the plate. ... Lefty reliever Micah Bowie, who hasn't pitched since April 21 because of a forearm strain, will face hitters in Los Angeles on Tuesday and is close to a Minor League rehab assignment. ... Left fielder Matt Holliday (left hamstring strain) and infielder Clint Barmes (right knee sprain) are participating in full workouts at Coors Field, but the Rockies will be careful to control the pace of their progress in an effort to avoid setbacks. ... Righty reliever Luis Vizcaino, at Triple-A Colorado Springs on a rehab assignment, pitched an inning of shutout ball on Saturday and Sunday. Right fielder Brad Hawpe will begin his rehab assignment on Sunday. ... Left-hander Franklin Morales, optioned to the Minors on April 30, pitched 6 2/3 shutout innings for Colorado Springs in Sunday's 4-0 victory over Sacramento. Morales struck out five and gave up just two hits, but he also walked five and threw 105 pitches. Control is the reason he's in the Minors. ... Garrett Atkins ended an 0-for-15 skid with a fourth-inning single on Sunday.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I like Reynolds. The Dodgers will be another good test for him. It's not like he's gotten some powder-puff lineups...he's faced some very quality lineups. Twins-Mets-Phillies-Dodgers.

Hope he has a good outing.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Las Vegas, Omaha and Tuscon aren't exactly low-elevation places.

I don't want to argue with you DN(C), but you pointed out that elevation was never talked about before the Rockies were an expansion team, when it was.

It is a factor.

However, if you scout correctly, you can find pitchers that CAN pitch well in the altitude.

I'm just trying to show both you and lex that reality falls somewhere in between your two points of view.
    Oh yeah, what exactly is my point of view? Also, Im not sure where you get off lecturing people.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Oh yeah, what exactly is my point of view? Also, Im not sure where you get off lecturing people.
    Wow a little angry are we? So all your posts and points dont show your view? Its called debate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Rockies Top 10 Prospect Update:
    1. Frankling Morales, P, Colorado Springs (AAA), Colorado Rockies (MLB)
    Code:
    CSP	PCL	3	2	7.13	5	5	0	0	0	24.0	18	19	19	3	23	15	1.60	.220
    Minors		3	2	7.13	5	5	0	0	0	24.0	18	19	19	3	23	15	1.60	.220
    MLB		1	2	6.39	5	5	0	0	0	25.1	28	18	18	2	17	9	1.16	.286
    2. Ian Stewart, 3B, Colorado Rockies (MLB), Colorado Springs (AAA)
    Code:
    Team	League	AVG	G	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	TB	BB	SO	SB	CS	OBP	SLG	OPS
    CSP	PCL	.281	46	171	43	48	9	6	12	43	105	24	44	6	1	.374	.614	.988
    Minors		.281	46	171	43	48	9	6	12	43	105	24	44	6	1	.374	.614	.988
    MLB		.280	8	25	2	7	2	1	0	2	11	1	12	0	0	.357	.440	.797
    3, Dexter Fowler, OF, Tulsa Drillers (AA)
    Code:
    TUL	TEX	.290	54	210	39	61	10	4	5	27	94	28	44	13	4	.380	.448	.828
    4, Hecter Gomez, SS, Modesto Nuts (A)
    Code:
    MOD	CAL	.333	1	3	0	1	0	0	0	0	1	0	0	0	0	.333	.333	.667
    5, Greg Reynolds, P, Colorado Rockies (MLB), Colorado Springs (AAA)
    Code:
    Team	League	W	L	ERA	G	GS	CG	SHO	SV	IP	H	R	ER	HR	BB	SO	GO/AO	AVG
    CSP	PCL	1	2	4.86	7	7	0	0	0	33.1	45	24	18	3	9	16	2.28	.331
    Minors		1	2	4.86	7	7	0	0	0	33.1	45	24	18	3	9	16	2.28	.331
    MLB		0	2	5.40	4	4	0	0	0	23.1	18	14	14	6	15	8	1.21	.205
    6, Casey Weathers, P, Tulsa Drillers (AA)
    Code:
    TUL	TEX	1	0	2.05	22	0	0	0	1	22.0	14	6	5	1	12	24	2.23	.177
    7, Chris Nelson, SS, Tulsa Drilllers (AA)
    Code:
    TUL	TEX	.229	44	175	19	40	10	1	3	22	61	17	37	4	0	.298	.349	.647
    8, Brandon Hynick, P, Tulsa Drillers (AA)
    Code:
    TUL	TEX	3	3	5.75	11	11	0	0	0	61.0	76	43	39	11	12	45	1.00	.297
    9, Pedro Strop, P, Tulsa Drillers (AA)
    Code:
    TUL	TEX	0	0	2.57	7	0	0	0	3	7.0	6	2	2	0	4	7	0.67	.231
    10, Chaz Roe, P, Modesto Nuts (A)
    Code:
    MOD	CAL	2	1	5.49	3	3	0	0	0	19.2	24	17	12	1	3	16	0.71	.279
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Reynolds, a sinker-baller, is struggling to keep the ball down. That sinker doesn't work as well in the majors unless you get on top of it and get it low, and even below, the strike zone.

He's already been hit hard in the first inning, tonight.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Rockies would rather not have him up. Pitcher in A ball is tearing it up. His name I cant spell but he is on my big post a page or two back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Rockies would rather not have him up. Pitcher in A ball is tearing it up. His name I cant spell but he is on my big post a page or two back.
    Chacin?

He's 9-1 with a 1.84 ERA, 74 Ks in 83 IP...but it's in low A.

I think I'd rather have Reynolds up than this kid, although they do need to promote him to Tulsa.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

I am just saying he is doing well, only 20 so he still has a lot to learn and time to grow. I like what I have heard about Fowler and his future.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    I am just saying he is doing well, only 20 so he still has a lot to learn and time to grow. I like what I have heard about Fowler and his future.
    Fowler is a stud.

I hesitate to call him 5-tool, because I think that term gets thrown around too much, but he is good. Good speed, decent bat.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Reynolds HAS to get the ball down!

He may be sent back down after tonight.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Here's your point of view...in case you forgot. I believe you are saying there are very few people who can't pitch in altitude.

The problem with that idea is that the odds of getting young arms that can be effective in Coors Field are enough of a concern that its not really worth trying to replace Holliday. I know its popular to dump payroll to acquire young arms and such but it doesnt always work out. And Id be wary of trying to be too clever if Im Colorado. Because if it doesnt work out, theyll find themselves trying to replace a big run producing player AND trying to find pitchers.

Unloading payroll for young pitchers is a little more problematic in Colorado in terms of finding guys who can deliver in the altitude. I wouldnt bank on the FO being THAT good.
    Then you bring up "unloading payroll," which is a stupid argument since Holliday most likely won't sign with the Rockies, so the Rockies might as well get what they can for him, instead of a compensatory draft pick.

Now, with that said, I find your arrogance very unbecoming of you. It, frankly is quite funny. You're a Cubs fan, that has little to no knowledge of your own damn team, yet you want to pass judgment on the Royals and Rockies, the teams I root for.

Holliday won't sign with the Rockies. It is important that they trade him and get something for him, other than a compensatory pick.

This is not about unloading payroll, it's about getting something for a player you will not sign in the future, because his agent is an idiot, and the economics of baseball won't allow you.

The "lecture" isn't a lecture if I'm trying to show you reality.

You say you can't get solid pitching prospects at altitude. That's stupid. DN(C) said altitude doesn't matter. That's also not true.

I simply stated that the REALITY of the situation is somewhere in between. Sucks that you "feel" I lectured you, but frankly, you didn't really know what you were talking about, so I corrected you.

If you want to continue this conversation in a civilized matter, I will, but clearly...after post after post...you are un-capable of doing so, and become offended when you are wrong.

I've studied extensively, and have come with very serious conclusions, that you refuse to believe or listen to. That's not my problem, and it also doesn't mean I'm lecturing you.

You clearly have a problem with someone correcting you...that is your problem, not mine.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I really hope Holiday does not walk but as good as he is, and after tasting playoffs last year, why would he want to play on a team that is among the bottom of the league

Hopefully they turn it around and can convince him to a long term deal.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information