Page 7 of 575 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 507 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    YEAH! Great game last night!!! I am so proud of my boys!
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle
    YEAH! Great game last night!!! I am so proud of my boys!
    T - minus 1 1/2 hours until we take 3 out of 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    T - minus 1 1/2 hours until we take 3 out of 4.

I cant wait....seriously. I keep looking at the clock hoping that more time has gone by than really has. I have class at 6:00 tonight though, DAMMIT. But I will get to see parts of the game, which is better than nothing!

GO ROCKIES!!!

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

I cant wait....seriously. I keep looking at the clock hoping that more time has gone by than really has. I have class at 6:00 tonight though, DAMMIT. But I will get to see parts of the game, which is better than nothing!

GO ROCKIES!!!
    No matter what happens with the Rockies this season, but isn't it GREAT to actually be talking Rockies baseball this late into September?

I really hope that those who sign the checks see this and re-sign the Holliday's and Atkins, and whoever else to this team for a loooooooong time.

They hate to spend the money. Do they not realize that if they put a better team on the field each and every year that they will actually make a TON more money?

No matter what happens with the Rockies this season, but isn't it GREAT to actually be talking Rockies baseball this late into September?

I really hope that those who sign the checks see this and re-sign the Holliday's and Atkins, and whoever else to this team for a loooooooong time.

They hate to spend the money. Do they not realize that if they put a better team on the field each and every year that they will actually make a TON more money?
    Atkins is involved with a ton of trade rumors right now, with Ian Stewart coming up...but we'll see. Everyone knows that Holliday needs to be locked up for a long *** time. If he isn't the few fans that the Rockies have are gone...it would be incredibly stupid....and in the future I can see the same thing happening with Tulowitzki.

And yes, it is GREAT to be talking about the Rockies so late in the season...we arent just waiting for the season to end so we can look forward to next year, we have a reason to keep turning on the TV and watching them play. Not only are they winning, but they are playing EXCITING baseball.

Go Rockies!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Atkins is involved with a ton of trade rumors right now, with Ian Stewart coming up...but we'll see. Everyone knows that Holliday needs to be locked up for a long *** time. If he isn't the few fans that the Rockies have are gone...it would be incredibly stupid....and in the future I can see the same thing happening with Tulowitzki.

And yes, it is GREAT to be talking about the Rockies so late in the season...we arent just waiting for the season to end so we can look forward to next year, we have a reason to keep turning on the TV and watching them play. Not only are they winning, but they are playing EXCITING baseball.
    In my opinion, of the guys that are on the regular roster right now they need to lock up Holliday, Tulo, Francis, Cook, and Atkins. Atkins can move to 1st and make room for Ian.

I really think you need to keep the key core players in order to build a good franchise.

In my opinion, of the guys that are on the regular roster right now they need to lock up Holliday, Tulo, Francis, Cook, and Atkins. Atkins can move to 1st and make room for Ian.

I really think you need to keep the key core players in order to build a good franchise.
    I agree, I know its almost anti-Rockies for me to say this, but I think Todd Helton wouldnt be terrible to give up. If we could trade him somewhere for some sort of pitching it would be awesome. That way we could keep Atkins and Stewart. The younger talent is going to carry this team far, and more leaders have emerged in the clubhouse. He isnt the backbone of the team anymore, which to me is one of the biggest factors in our winning, at least IMO. Holliday, Torrealba and even Tulo are all team leaders, and its important to realize that Todd isnt even the biggest fan favorite anymore. Its pretty obvious that Rockies fans are crazy about Matt Holliday and want him here for as long as possible.

Go Rockies!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

I agree, I know its almost anti-Rockies for me to say this, but I think Todd Helton wouldnt be terrible to give up. If we could trade him somewhere for some sort of pitching it would be awesome. That way we could keep Atkins and Stewart. The younger talent is going to carry this team far, and more leaders have emerged in the clubhouse. He isnt the backbone of the team anymore, which to me is one of the biggest factors in our winning, at least IMO. Holliday, Torrealba and even Tulo are all team leaders, and its important to realize that Todd isnt even the biggest fan favorite anymore. Its pretty obvious that Rockies fans are crazy about Matt Holliday and want him here for as long as possible.
    i know exactly where you are coming from. I am a huge Helton fan but see and realize that he isn't playing like we all know him to play.

FOr being 4th in the lineup, he is not playing like it.

I am not sure we can get a trade for him. If we could, that would be great. Maybe to an American league team and he can hit DH, but its not his fielding that is hurting...its his bat.

So i am not sure.

I don't see him in a Rockies Uni next year.

i know exactly where you are coming from. I am a huge Helton fan but see and realize that he isn't playing like we all know him to play.

FOr being 4th in the lineup, he is not playing like it.

I am not sure we can get a trade for him. If we could, that would be great. Maybe to an American league team and he can hit DH, but its not his fielding that is hurting...its his bat.

So i am not sure.

I don't see him in a Rockies Uni next year.
    The biggest problem is his contract, and he has the no trade clause, so if he doesnt want to go her wont. But I think that if its best for the Rockies he will do it.

Go Rockies!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

The biggest problem is his contract, and he has the no trade clause, so if he doesnt want to go her wont. But I think that if its best for the Rockies he will do it.
    Especially if its to a contender.

Especially if its to a contender.
    Oh hell yeah. He deserves to go somewhere where he can win IMO. Of course I think that the Rockies can, but not with Todd.

I saw this article in the RMN:

5 teams Helton would consider
    Posted: Friday August 31, 2007 08:03AM ET

Todd Helton does know hot-stove conversations will be filled with speculation about his future with the Rockies. He endured public scrutiny last offseason when Boston twice tried to work out a trade, which he indicated he would approve, only to have the Rockies end talks because they wanted prospects the Red Sox wouldn't include in the package. The Angels also approached the Rockies, but that didn't go far because Helton indicated he wouldn't accept a move to Anaheim. Other than Boston, the only teams Helton has indicated he would seriously consider are Atlanta, St. Louis, Texas and Houston.

Go Rockies!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Oh hell yeah. He deserves to go somewhere where he can win IMO. Of course I think that the Rockies can, but not with Todd.

I saw this article in the RMN:
    If I were him I would go to Anaheim. I know he doesn't want to, but its a much better place to live then Atlanta, Texas, or St. Louis.

If I were him I would go to Anaheim. I know he doesn't want to, but its a much better place to live then Atlanta, Texas, or St. Louis.
    I dont understand why he would want to go to Texas AT ALL. But whatever, its his choice right? I think Atlanta would be a cool place for him to go, remember the Big Cat went there after he left us? I always kinda like the Braves because of that, Andres was my fave player when I was younger.

I just want someone to take Toddy off our hands. LOL

Go Rockies!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

I dont understand why he would want to go to Texas AT ALL. But whatever, its his choice right? I think Atlanta would be a cool place for him to go, remember the Big Cat went there after he left us? I always kinda like the Braves because of that, Andres was my fave player when I was younger.

I just want someone to take Toddy off our hands. LOL
    I do too, but I think it would be GREAT for him if he could get a ring. For someone who has been as consistent in his career and such a pure swing and hitter...not too mention should get a golden glove..deserves to get a ring. Its not going to happen here...( atleast in his playing time ) so I would love to see him go get one elsewhere. Maybe replace Giambi in NY???

I do too, but I think it would be GREAT for him if he could get a ring. For someone who has been as consistent in his career and such a pure swing and hitter...not too mention should get a golden glove..deserves to get a ring. Its not going to happen here...( atleast in his playing time ) so I would love to see him go get one elsewhere. Maybe replace Giambi in NY???
    I could see Todd in NY, really. Thats a good thought, of course Todd probably wouldnt go there. LOL And I agree, Todd deserves a bit more recognition for his talent.

Go Rockies!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information