Page 55 of 575 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 105 155 555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    What about Ian Stewart?
    They were working him at 2nd in the fall league, Nix is a natural 2nd baseman were as Stewart is a 3rd baseman. I think that both could see time if the Rockies do not find a vetern they like to bridge the gap some.

I think that the Rockies just need to do it to se if Nix and or Stewart can do the job. Will be some bumps but will pay off big if it works out.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

The thing I hear about Ian is that he has alot of power, so his bat could help and he won't get much time at third.

Might not be a bad idea to work Ian out at first though as Helton needs a replacement groomed, have to think of the future.

If Ian can play defence good at 2nd though then I say let him have it as could use his bat, but if Niz has far better D then need that as matsui is a huge loss defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    The thing I hear about Ian is that he has alot of power, so his bat could help and he won't get much time at third.

Might not be a bad idea to work Ian out at first though as Helton needs a replacement groomed, have to think of the future.

If Ian can play defence good at 2nd though then I say let him have it as could use his bat, but if Niz has far better D then need that as matsui is a huge loss defensively.
    The notion with Stewart is that Atkins (who played first base at UCLA) will take over from Helton, and Stewart will move onto 3rd.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    The notion with Stewart is that Atkins (who played first base at UCLA) will take over from Helton, and Stewart will move onto 3rd.
    They are also looking at him for second, and maybe keeping Atkins at 3rd and bringing Koshansky to play 1st.

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    They are also looking at him for second, and maybe keeping Atkins at 3rd and bringing Koshansky to play 1st.
    Oh sweet cracker sandwich! Joe K, Stew, Tulo and G! Be still my heart!

Add me on Facebook!

Oh sweet cracker sandwich! Joe K, Stew, Tulo and G! Be still my heart!
    LOL! And imagine, Barmes as utility infielder. Last night I was out with my friends Sarah and Andrew and her parents took us to dessert. Her dad is REALLY into sports, and told me that I am the only person he has ever met that knows more about the Rockies than he does. But anyway, he said that he heard on the radio that Barmes basically has utility infielder in the bag. I'm sure he will have to try out still, or he may even still be some sort of trade bait. Yeah, I'm excited for 2008!

Go Rockies!!!

LOL! And imagine, Barmes as utility infielder. Last night I was out with my friends Sarah and Andrew and her parents took us to dessert. Her dad is REALLY into sports, and told me that I am the only person he has ever met that knows more about the Rockies than he does. But anyway, he said that he heard on the radio that Barmes basically has utility infielder in the bag. I'm sure he will have to try out still, or he may even still be some sort of trade bait. Yeah, I'm excited for 2008!
    It is such an exciting prospect, this coming season, if it hurries up and gets here!

Add me on Facebook!

It is such an exciting prospect, this coming season, if it hurries up and gets here!
    Its going to be fun, but all of the seasons have been fun for me. I think that without Kaz we may struggle. Carroll wasnt a huge lose, Hawkins either. But yeah...its going to be different without them. I am so excited for Spring Training to get here. Its such an exciting time!

Go Rockies!!!

Its going to be fun, but all of the seasons have been fun for me. I think that without Kaz we may struggle. Carroll wasnt a huge lose, Hawkins either. But yeah...its going to be different without them. I am so excited for Spring Training to get here. Its such an exciting time!
    I love your new avy, Snapper, it's fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post
    it's a tad bit bigger, huh?

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

The Rox over the Padres was ESPN's 3rd best upset of the season, just behind Boise St-Oklahoma and last year's New England-Indy game in the playoffs.

Go Rockies!
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Just for an update, I am still looking into a site, I am just taking my time to research exactly how i want to make it. I could be up in a day with VBulletin but am thinking of using a different portal system in asp.net and simply want to have all my ducks in a row, do the proper research now before I get it all launched and have misgivings later about maybe having prefered to go a different direction with it.

It will still take some time for me to go through all the reasearch on what I want to do. I want to for one install and play with the asp.net site and learn it a bit and see if it will work out the way I want it to or perhaps do the same with some other asp.net packages and if none will really be as good as I hope perhaps I will just use vbulletin.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Lets go Rockies.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post
    Thank you! I am quite thrilled with it and the statement it makes!

Anyway, news on the baseball front today.

Rockies close to signing Towers
    Right-hander could compete for spot in starting rotation
    By Thomas Harding / MLB.com

DENVER -- The Rockies are close to signing right-handed pitcher Josh Towers to a one-year contract that could pay him $1.8 million plus incentives.

Two sources close to the situation say the deal isn't finalized. Towers, who went 5-10 with a 5.38 ERA for the Blue Jays last season, was non-tendered after the season.

The sources don't consider the deal complete because Towers would need to pass a physical, and some contract language is still being discussed. The sides have discussed a deal under which Towers would earn $400,000 if placed on the 40-man roster, but be paid at a $1.8 million rate if on the 25-man roster. Incentives would start at 35 games pitched.

The Rockies would have Towers compete for a starting rotation spot or operate out of the bullpen. The team has also has re-signed left-hander Mark Redman, who finished 2007 with the Rockies, and right-hander Kip Wells, who pitched for the Cardinals last season.

Towers, who turns 31 on Feb. 26, is 45-55 with a 4.96 ERA in 137 games, including 112 starts, with the Orioles (2001-02) and Blue Jays (2004-07). Towers had 77 strikeouts against 26 walks last season, and had a healthy 1.31 ground-ball/fly-ball ratio.

Interesting. Also, its being said that Yorvit will be our primary catcher again this season. After he stayed with us I thought that was kinda obvious, although I would love to see some more Iannetta action. If he truly is the catcher of our future he needs more work.

Go Rockies!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    im pretty sure i got dre bly......

well.

i guess im on the rocky bandwagon now

my adopted bronco.

if hes still up there.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information