Page 51 of 575 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 551 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    Why can't people be like this for the Broncos when they lose....???

Not talking about you Snapping turtle but it would be nice if the "fans" could react this way in the face of loss as well as winning where the Broncos are concerned. Could you imagine if the Broncos roared through the playoffs and lost in the SB..?

Congrats to all the fans who got to see the Rockies make the WS...maybe next year...
    I think Reid its apples and oranges, as to why its different.
    Not saying its correct.

The Rockies were not expected to go this far and greatly exceeded expectations no matter what. The Broncos, rightly or wrongly are expected to win the Super Bowl when they get there.

It would be like the Arizona Cardials catching fire, going 10-6 and then losing to the Pats or Colts. Their fans would be disappointed but not devastated like the Bronco fans are that the expectations since 97-98 have always been high.

I say as a Dodger and Red Sox fan. Congrats to them winning 21 of 22 and doing what I never dreamed. they have an excellent team and this experience will only help them get better

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Not talking about you Snapping turtle but it would be nice if the "fans" could react this way in the face of loss as well as winning where the Broncos are concerned. Could you imagine if the Broncos roared through the playoffs and lost in the SB..?

Congrats to all the fans who got to see the Rockies make the WS...maybe next year...
    The fans were like this for the Broncos when they lost the SuperBowl in 1977. Everyone was just thrilled they made the SuperBowl.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

good season rocks.

Well, I went for a walk downtown, saw Coors Field and all that.

And, out front I met Manny Corpas!

Later, I was walking down the 16th St Mall, and saw this guy. I'm thinking 'He looks familiar!', so I turn around and ask him "Are you Jason Hirsh?". And it was!!!!!!!!!

I asked him if I could have a picture, and while I was giving his Dad my phone/camera, his brother asked if many people recognised him on the street, and he said "No, this is the first time!". He was really nice, and his family all talked to me too!

"Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:

WOW KAP - I am happy for you. I KNOW this makes your stop in Denver all the better. GREAT PICS - something to always keep and remember.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    WOW KAP - I am happy for you. I KNOW this makes your stop in Denver all the better. GREAT PICS - something to always keep and remember.
    Even the Red Sox fans at Coor's were all "It's Manny Corpas!!!!!!!!"

I took the pics on my phone, which I don't think you can get in the USA, and Hirsh's girlfriend was really impressed with it!

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:

Oh yeah, my niece has a phone that you can take pics on. And then she transfers them to her computer.

So, what is your impression of Denver?

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Oh yeah, my niece has a phone that you can take pics on. And then she transfers them to her computer.

So, what is your impression of Denver?
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to come live here for a year or two!

I'd be at every fricking game!

The phone is a Nokia 7373, which is a model they don't sell here, I don't think.

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

I would love to come live here for a year or two!

I'd be at every fricking game!

The phone is a Nokia 7373, which is a model they don't sell here, I don't think.
    Then just think - you would be a BRONCOS - ROCKIES - AVS - NUGGETS Fan!!!!

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/loc...302200535.html

Young Rockies Believe This Was Just The Start

Slideshows: Cheering Fan Photos | Rockies Roster

The message that LaTroy Hawkins scribbled on the grease board in the Colorado clubhouse after the Rockies roared into the playoffs was wiped clean Monday as the Rockies packed their belongings and scattered for a shorter offseason than they ever could have imagined.

It might be gone, but it remains their mantra.

Even though they were bounced by Boston in their first trip to the World Series, the Rockies insist their NL pennant, secured with a hard-to-fathom 21-1 run that captivated a city, was just a taste of things to come.

They're a young, talented club and now one that has postseason experience.

"This isn't a one-year flash," Troy Tulowitzki insisted Monday. "Our playoff run was a display of how our team can play. The World Series strengthened our resolve to get back here."

In addition to their core of big boppers including Matt Holliday, Todd Helton, Garrett Atkins and Brad Hawpe, the Rockies have power prospects Ian Stewart and Joe Koshansky ready to follow in the footsteps of the baby-faced Tulowitzki, who took the NL by storm with his glove, bat and a leadership that belied his 23 years.

The Rockies, whose owner, Charlie Monfort, is already predicting a return trip to the World Series in 2008, can't wait to see Ubaldo Jimenez and Franklin Morales pitch a full season or for Seth Smith and Jeff Baker to continue their climbs.

"We won't hang our heads," Jimenez said. "We hurt. We hurt because we got so far so fast. I didn't think about the World Series when we were in Tucson. I was just hoping to make it up for the last month. I got to pitch in the World Series. I couldn't have dreamed that would happen."

The Rockies could lose Kaz Matsui to free agency but Stewart will get a crash course at second base in the fall league just in case, and closer Manny Corpas' emergence will make the expected loss of three-time All-Star Brian Fuentes easier to swallow.

"As long as these guys are here, it's going to be a really good team for a really long time," backup catcher Chris Iannetta said. "These are some of the best players in all of baseball."

The Rockies sat and watched in silence as the Red Sox celebrated their championship at Coors Field, letting the disappointment sink in to strengthen their resolve.

"There's moments we're going to look back on and be very proud of what we accomplished this year," said Helton, who waited 1,578 games through a decade of disappointment in Denver to finally taste this success.

"No reason to hang our head. We accomplished a lot this season. They outplayed us. We have no reason to be upset. We made it to the World Series. We did a lot this year. We came a long way."

The Rockies realize they were just in over their heads, and that's why they're not hanging them.

"The better team won," Tulowitzki said. "But I felt we came a long way to get here. We have a young ballclub full of talent and hopefully we will be back."

"It was tough for me to sleep last night," he added. "I couldn't get over that the season was over."

The Rockies stumbled to a 17-25 start this year and spent most of the season looking up at the Diamondbacks, Padres and Dodgers in the NL West before going on a late surge that earned them a surprising playoff berth.

They won 14 of their final 15 regular-season games, all against division opponents -- including a 9-8 victory over San Diego in a wild-card tiebreaker at Coors Field.

They continued that run in the postseason, sweeping Philadelphia and Arizona before falling short against Boston.

"We came a long ways and we have nothing to be ashamed about," Hawkins said. "We'll walk around and hold our heads up high. We played in the World Series much sooner than people thought we would."

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Reid--I personally am like this when the Broncos lose, I just love being able to have some teams to root for. I gotta love them all no matter what they do.

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Tonight, after the game, at my hotel, I met former Rockie, Choo Freeman.

He had been out with Garrett the night before.

Yes, I told him to tell G that he was welcome to rest up in Spain with me!

Add me on Facebook!

Rockies' winter forecast

How the Rockies are approaching the offseason in regard to:

• Rotation. Use ink for the names of Aaron Cook, Jeff Francis and Ubaldo Jimenez. Give an edge to Jason Hirsh and Franklin Morales for the two other spots. RHP Josh Fogg is gone if he gets an expected three-year, $21 million offer. The Rockies have interest in re-signing Jason Jennings if a medical check eases concerns about a recent operation. They also would like to bring back Elmer Dessens and Mark Redman on minor league deals.

• Bullpen. Corpas and Fuentes give the Rockies quality in late innings. Ryan Speier has shown the ability to handle middle work, and Taylor Buchholz is a quality arm in a long role. The Rockies hope to re-sign Matt Herges and have interest in LaTroy Hawkins, but at a major reduction from the $3.5 million of last season. Darren Clarke, Juan Morillo, Pedro Stroop and Casey Weathers could rise from the minors at some point in 2008. And Shawn Chacon has expressed interest in returning.

• Catcher. Chris Iannetta is the long-range hope, but the Rockies want a veteran presence, which is why they would like to re-sign Yorvit Torrealba or pursue Jason Kendall and Paul Lo Duca on the free-agent market.

• Infield. 1B Todd Helton, 3B Garrett Atkins and SS Troy Tulowitzki are set. 2B Kazuo Matsui will be offered a contract, but the Rockies also have internal options with Jamey Carroll, Clint Barmes, Omar Quintanilla and Jayson Nix. They figure into a utility role, too.

• Outfield. LF Matt Holliday, CF Willy Taveras and RF Brad Hawpe are back along with fourth outfielder Ryan Spilborghs. Cory Sullivan provides a left-handed backup to Taveras but could become an expensive extra man because of arbitration. Seth Smith showed promise in September and in the postseason but won't be kept in the big leagues if he doesn't get at-bats.

Did I catch a BARMES in there? Holy Moly, wouldn't it be awesome if he could be in our system for a whole other season! I thought he was gone last season, I am feeling a bit spoiled thinking about it.

Go Rockies!!!

In 147 games, Lee made seven errors and he had a .994 fielding percentage. He was the choice of the coaches and managers over Todd Helton of the Colorado Rockies, who made just two errors and boasted a .999 fielding percentage.

NATIONAL LEAGUE
    C Russell Martin, LAD
    1B Derrek Lee, CHC
    2B Orlando Hudson, ARI
    3B David Wright, NYM
    SS Jimmy Rollins, PHI
    OF Carlos Beltran, NYM
    OF Andruw Jones, ATL
    OF Jeff Francoeur, ATL
    OF Aaron Rowand, PHI
    P Greg Maddux, SD

WT...........?????????

How does Helton and Tulo NOT win Golden Gloves?

Add me on Facebook!

A guy on ESPN today was even saying Garrett deserved it over Wright. Whatever is a popularity contest.

In other news. I feel desperately alone without baseball. I do not know what to do with myself.

Go Rockies!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information