Page 519 of 575 FirstFirst ... 19 419 469 509 517 518 519 520 521 529 569 ... LastLast
Results 7,771 to 7,785 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The owner who wanted to win died, and his son is more worried about the bottom line than winning. And even trading Verlander and Kinsler hasn't really had a huge impact on their minor league depth. BA has them at 21st in their organizational rankings.
    Losing JD Martinez hurt the most. Kinsler and Verlander have a good bit of mileage on them, and JD would be a F/A, but he's a bonafide borderline Supestar

So, Rockies fans, what can I expect? I don't know the NL that well; I know I hate the Mets and especially the Dodgers - tell me about the Rockies. I know they keep their baseballs in a humidor, and hit a lot, and had Larry Walker, who should be in the HOF but likely won't make it
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Losing JD Martinez hurt the most. Kinsler and Verlander have a good bit of mileage on them, and JD would be a F/A, but he's a bonafide borderline Supestar

So, Rockies fans, what can I expect? I don't know the NL that well; I know I hate the Mets and especially the Dodgers - tell me about the Rockies. I know they keep their baseballs in a humidor, and hit a lot, and had Larry Walker, who should be in the HOF but likely won't make it
    Do you like runs?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

In all seriousness, I like where the Rockies are at. They have a nice, young pitching core of Jon Gray, Jeff Hoffman, German Marquez and Kyle Freeland. The back of the bullpen is going to be fun. Rockies fans are going to love Wade Davis.

Infield: Nolan Arenado is one of the Top 3 position players in the NL, a gold glover and a silver slugger. Trevor Story needs to cut out the strikeouts, but Brendan Rodgers is on the way, anyway. D.J. LeMaheiu is a hit machine. First base is a bit of a question mark, any one of Carlos Gonzalez, Ian Desmond and Ryan McMahon will play there regularly. Probably Cargo?

The outfield is fun: Charlie Blackmon is a great lead off guy (as long as he's not trying to steal bases); David Dahl is going to be a solid corner outfielder and a combination of CarGo, Ian Desmond, Raimel Tapia and Gerardo Parra will fill out the rotation and do some fill-in work.

Ianetta is back at catcher, and he's a solid big-leaguer, but nothing spectacular.

Like I said, I really like where the Rockies are at, but it's a tough division. All five teams have a chance to win the division or nab a wildcard if things fall right.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Possibly the best infield defensively speaking, on the planet. Gold Glovers at 2nd and 3rd and a young short stop in Trevor Story who plays Gold Glove calibur defense.

A young starting rotation with some guys who have potential to be very good but remember that it is Colorado their stats will never look as good as they may be playing.

An experienced bullpen with some guys that if they get back to form from a couple of years ago (Ottovino and Dunn specifically) will give us some very good late game pitching. Also need to shout out to Chris Rusin who is our Swiss army knife reliever. He can come in and give you 5 solid innings in a pinch or come in to face 1 batter. He's pretty underrated and was very valuable to the Rox last year.

Offensively there are 2 superstars (Nolan and Blackmon) and a bunch of solid guys. The best opposite field contact hitter in the game, DJ. The offense was actually disappointing for big portions of the season last year and I think will be better this season.

I really like our manager too. Bud Black was great for this club last year.

All in all I like our chances to be in the postseason again. Also, I'm sure I'm biased but I really like the personalities on this team. There doesn't appear to be a shit-head in the whole bunch. Watching them as much as I do, including interviews and all the Rockies shows on AT&T Sportsnet I feel like I've gotten to know them a little and they really seem like a great group of guys.
    Last edited by chazoe60; 03-19-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    ... Also, I'm sure I'm biased but I really like the personalities on this team. There doesn't appear to be a shit-head in the whole bunch. Watching them as much as I do, including interviews and all the Rockies shows on AT&T Sportsnet I feel like I've gotten to know them a little and they really seem like a great group of guys.
    One of my realizations from rediscovering my love of MLB three years ago (I stopped following when the WS got cancelled in 1994) is that I like the players a ton more than the NFL. Makes it much more fun to watch

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

10. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Rockies are on MLBN at 7 p.m. MT. Playing Texas, I believe Jon Gray is pitching.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Have a good season, boys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Well, in the spirit of the thread, and to get a feel for the team, I am starting a full 2017 replay of the Rockies season using Strat-o-Matic baseball...and, lo and behold, Charlie Blackmon hit for the cycle for me against the Brewers in my second game. Only the second cycle I've ever seen in years of playing Strat. Got a CG shutout out of Freeland, too, though I suspect that won't be common

I'm going to like playing this team. Infield defense is superb, good offense. Defense...the at will be a challenge, and I foresee a lot of high scoring games.

BOXSCORE: 2017 Colorado Rockies At 2017 Milwaukee Brewers 4/4/2017

Rockies AB R H RBI AVG Brewers AB R H RBI AVG
    C.Blackmon CF 5 4 5 2 .714 J.Villar 2B 4 0 1 0 .250
    D.Lemahieu 2B 5 1 3 1 .444 D.Santana RF 3 0 0 0 .167
    N.Arenado 3B 3 0 1 1 .429 R.Braun LF 3 0 1 0 .571
    C.Gonzalez RF 5 0 0 1 .000 T.Shaw 3B 4 0 1 0 .250
    M.Reynolds 1B 5 0 0 0 .125 J.Aguilar 1B 4 0 0 0 .000
    G.Parra LF 4 0 2 0 .250 M.Pina C 4 0 0 0 .000
    T.Story SS 4 0 0 0 .000 K.Broxton CF 2 0 0 0 .000
    J.Lucroy C 3 2 1 0 .286 O.Arcia SS 3 0 0 0 .000
    K.Freeland P 4 0 0 0 .000 J.Nelson P 0 0 0 0 ----
    A-E.Sogard PH 1 0 0 0 .000
    C.Torres P 0 0 0 0 ----
    J.Barnes P 0 0 0 0 .000
    B-H.Perez PH 1 0 0 0 .000
    J.Hughes P 0 0 0 0 ----
    C-N.Walker PH 1 0 0 0 .250
    O.Drake P 0 0 0 0 ----
    -- -- -- --- -- -- -- ---
    Totals 38 7 12 5 Totals 30 0 3 0

A-Pinch Hit For Nelson In 3rd Inning
    B-Pinch Hit For Barnes In 5th Inning
    C-Pinch Hit For Hughes In 8th Inning

Rockies......... 2 2 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 - 7 12 0
    Brewers......... 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 - 0 3 0

Rockies (1-1) IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA
    K.Freeland WIN(1-0) 9 3 0 0 3 6 0 120 0.00
    Totals 9 3 0 0 3 6 0

Brewers (1-1) IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA
    J.Nelson LOSS(0-1) 3 6 4 4 1 4 1 55 12.00
    C.Torres 0 2/3 1 1 1 2 1 0 23 13.50
    J.Barnes 1 1/3 1 0 0 0 2 0 20 0.00
    J.Hughes 3 4 2 2 0 1 0 49 6.00
    O.Drake 1 0 0 0 0 3 0 14 0.00
    Totals 9 12 7 7 3 11 1

ATTENDANCE- 40,531 DATE- Tuesday, April 4th 2017 TIME- Night WEATHER- Good
    UMPIRES- Jim Reynolds, Brian Knight, Manny Gonzalez, Fieldin Culbreth
    T- 2:30
    LEFT ON BASE- Rockies: 8 Brewers: 6
    DOUBLE PLAYS- Rockies: 0 Brewers: 0
    DOUBLES- C.Blackmon(1st), D.Lemahieu(1st), G.Parra(1st), J.Lucroy(2nd),
    T.Shaw(1st)
    TRIPLES- C.Blackmon(1st)
    HOME RUNS- C.Blackmon(1st)
    RBIs- C.Blackmon-2(3rd), D.Lemahieu(1st), N.Arenado(1st), C.Gonzalez(1st)
    SACRIFICE FLIES- N.Arenado
    WALKS- N.Arenado, G.Parra, J.Lucroy, D.Santana, R.Braun, K.Broxton
    STRIKE OUTS- N.Arenado, C.Gonzalez-3, M.Reynolds, G.Parra, T.Story-3,
    K.Freeland-2, J.Villar, D.Santana, T.Shaw, J.Aguilar, K.Broxton-2
    WILD PITCHES- J.Barnes, J.Hughes
    RLISP 2-out- T.Story, C.Gonzalez-2, M.Pina-3, J.Lucroy
    TEAM RISP- Rockies: 2 for 10 Brewers: 0 for 5

Kyle Freeland pitched a 3 hit shutout and Charlie Blackmon hit for the cycle
    and had 2 RBI as the Colorado Rockies defeated the Milwaukee Brewers 7 to 0
    at Miller Park.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Anybody else a non-believer in Tapia. Every time I watch that dude play he makes some boneheaded decision. He seems to be not at all good on defense and makes some awful decisions in the field and on the basepaths. I don't see the hype surrounding this guy. The talk of him as the leadoff is ridiculous IMHO.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

17. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Anybody else a non-believer in Tapia. Every time I watch that dude play he makes some boneheaded decision. He seems to be not at all good on defense and makes some awful decisions in the field and on the basepaths. I don't see the hype surrounding this guy. The talk of him as the leadoff is ridiculous IMHO.
    Agree. I am not impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

19. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

So, for anyone interested, I am about a quarter through my 2017 Rockies Strat replay. Given I tend towards 1960's replays this team is a hoot. A total contrast to my just completed 1968 replay, that's for sure! They pound the bejaysus out of the ball, and Mark Reynolds and Nolan Arenado both hitting machines so far (Reynolds is cooling off I am afraid). Blackmon and Lemahieu are also over .300. My big weapon for a recent stretch was Trevor Story, who started the season batting under .100, then went on a hot tear, with 7 HR's in 10 games. Then he went on the DL for a couple of weeks, and SS has sucked for me, with Valaika and Amarista both doing a crap job; they cost me two games last night with their gloves. And this pitching staff NEEDS doubleplays, which Arenado, Story, and Lemahieu provide pretty regularly (Arenado and Lemahieu are maxxed out for range ratings, Story just a touch under, all three very low error rates). I've taken MO's advice and don't try to steal with Blackmon all that often unless the opposing battery can't stop steal attempts well. In any event, there is so much firepower in this batting order that I don't want to give away cheap outs on the basepaths. My big complaints are weakness at catcher, dodgy starting pitchers, and a lack of a true closer. Holland is pretty OK, but he is by no means a lights out kinda guy.

With all that I am 2 games back of the Diamondbacks after 44 games, and a half game up on LA. Brutal division is right. The Padres and Giants are punching bags for the other three

21. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, for anyone interested, I am about a quarter through my 2017 Rockies Strat replay. Given I tend towards 1960's replays this team is a hoot. A total contrast to my just completed 1968 replay, that's for sure! They pound the bejaysus out of the ball, and Mark Reynolds and Nolan Arenado both hitting machines so far (Reynolds is cooling off I am afraid). Blackmon and Lemahieu are also over .300. My big weapon for a recent stretch was Trevor Story, who started the season batting under .100, then went on a hot tear, with 7 HR's in 10 games. Then he went on the DL for a couple of weeks, and SS has sucked for me, with Valaika and Amarista both doing a crap job; they cost me two games last night with their gloves. And this pitching staff NEEDS doubleplays, which Arenado, Story, and Lemahieu provide pretty regularly (Arenado and Lemahieu are maxxed out for range ratings, Story just a touch under, all three very low error rates). I've taken MO's advice and don't try to steal with Blackmon all that often unless the opposing battery can't stop steal attempts well. In any event, there is so much firepower in this batting order that I don't want to give away cheap outs on the basepaths. My big complaints are weakness at catcher, dodgy starting pitchers, and a lack of a true closer. Holland is pretty OK, but he is by no means a lights out kinda guy.

With all that I am 2 games back of the Diamondbacks after 44 games, and a half game up on LA. Brutal division is right. The Padres and Giants are punching bags for the other three
    Lol. Welcome to arena baseball. Please remain seated with your seat belt on at all times.

23. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Greg Holland is still a FA. I kinda wish we'd sign him. I think our bullpen is already gonna be filthy but damn, add Holand to that and we could be amazing.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Greg Holland is still a FA. I kinda wish we'd sign him. I think our bullpen is already gonna be filthy but damn, add Holand to that and we could be amazing.
    I think Holland wants to be a closer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The wheels were coming off Holland toward the end of last season. It got to the point where I pretty much lost faith in him.

Also, and this is my own commentary - he looked out of shape. I think he wants to get paid like a top guy but doesn't warrant it, which would make sense why he's unsigned.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information