Page 518 of 575 FirstFirst ... 18 418 468 508 516 517 518 519 520 528 568 ... LastLast
Results 7,756 to 7,770 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I bought my own airfare and we split a hotel. We got the school to cover a portion, but it wasn't much. If you meet enough law students that you wouldn't mind hanging out with in Nola, you should consider it.
    I should work on this.

But you know what's more exciting than Nola?

Applying for DOJ internships.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    FA signings are so ******* cool in baseball.
    Get the **** out of my Rockies thread.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Get the **** out of my Rockies thread.
    You're such a rude person, man. I made a general comment about FA signings. Sheesh. I'm unsubscribing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    You're such a rude person, man. I made a general comment about FA signings. Sheesh. I'm unsubscribing.
    Alright, you can stay.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

6. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

That makes me very happy.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

8. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I’m torn.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m torn.
    Why. He still crushes righties, he's a phenomenal clubhouse presence and he still plays great defense. Plus I just freaking love that guy. He is a good dude.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Why. He still crushes righties, he's a phenomenal clubhouse presence and he still plays great defense. Plus I just freaking love that guy. He is a good dude.
    I feel like he half-asses it a lot of the time. It’s probably not fair, and he’s the type of athlete that makes things look easy. But he went through that massive slump in, what, May and June, last year that was frustrating.

I’m curious to see what the outfield looks like. What do you do with Tapia and Parra? You certainly don’t platoon Blackmon, Cargo or Dahl, do you? And what about Desmond? Do you block the McMahan kid so he can play first?

Seems like a bit of a logjam, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing competition-wise, but someone is losing at bats, and I’d hate for it to be Dahl and McMahan. They seem ready for the bigs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's official. Cargo is coming back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

I think I'll have to adopt the Rockies as my NL team. I am almost strictly an AL fan, but the Tigers look dismal so this season will be a chore. More to the point, I just ran into a former secretary of ours...and little did I know her son pitches for the Rockies. His name is Jeff Hoffman, and though his stats weren't all that impressive in '17 he is good enough to get 23 starts, which is more than most guys can ever accomplish.

Apparently he suffered from some strain in his rotator cuff in Spring training, so his Mom is worried, esp. as he has four credited years in MLB and needs one more to be fully vested

So anyways I'm pulling for the Rocks and our local boy in 2018
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Hoffman has a chance to be a pretty good starter. He was the big prize that the Rockies got when they traded Troy Tulowitzki.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

16. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I think I'll have to adopt the Rockies as my NL team. I am almost strictly an AL fan, but the Tigers look dismal so this season will be a chore. More to the point, I just ran into a former secretary of ours...and little did I know her son pitches for the Rockies. His name is Jeff Hoffman, and though his stats weren't all that impressive in '17 he is good enough to get 23 starts, which is more than most guys can ever accomplish.

Apparently he suffered from some strain in his rotator cuff in Spring training, so his Mom is worried, esp. as he has four credited years in MLB and needs one more to be fully vested

So anyways I'm pulling for the Rocks and our local boy in 2018
    Hoffman is going to be around for awhile. He’s a nice pitcher. Also those numbers you’re looking at are Coors Field numbers and they are very good for Colorado.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Hoffman is not an insignificant prospect. He was acquired as the centerpiece in the trade for our franchise's 2nd most popular player of all time. He possesses elite upside.

Lots of times when your coworker knows of a prospect he's some Single A middling dude who maybe hopes to have a cup of coffee at some point. Hoffman could be a real solid MLB pitcher if he could put it all together.

Also, I feel for Tigers fans. The team really invested in winning there for a bit and it didn't happen for them, now they may be in for a prolonged drought while they try to turn the page.

20. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Hoffman is not an insignificant prospect. He was acquired as the centerpiece in the trade for our franchise's 2nd most popular player of all time. He possesses elite upside.

Lots of times when your coworker knows of a prospect he's some Single A middling dude who maybe hopes to have a cup of coffee at some point. Hoffman could be a real solid MLB pitcher if he could put it all together.

Also, I feel for Tigers fans. The team really invested in winning there for a bit and it didn't happen for them, now they may be in for a prolonged drought while they try to turn the page.
    The owner who wanted to win died, and his son is more worried about the bottom line than winning. And even trading Verlander and Kinsler hasn't really had a huge impact on their minor league depth. BA has them at 21st in their organizational rankings.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information