Page 516 of 575 FirstFirst ... 16 416 466 506 514 515 516 517 518 526 566 ... LastLast
Results 7,726 to 7,740 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Greg Holland declines option with Rockies, according to report, will become free agent

Rockies closer Greg Holland, who tied a franchise record with 41 saves this season, will not exercise the $15 million player option on his contract and will explore the free-agent market, according to Jon Heyman of FanRag Sports.

Despite Holland’s success with Colorado in his first season back after undergoing Tommy John surgery in Oct. 2015, there has been wide speculation that the veteran right-hander would decline his option. Rockies general manager Jeff Bridich on Thursday said he could not confirm the report, adding that there has been no official communication between Holland and the Rockies.

Holland, who turns 32 next month, was a major reason why the Rockies returned to the postseason for the first time since 2009. His 41 saves tied Los Angeles’ Kenley Jansen for the most in the National League, and Holland was an all-star for the third time in his career.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/10/12...-with-rockies/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Charlie Blackmon stops by New York Stock Exchange

NEW YORK — Rockies outfielder Charlie Blackmon stopped by the New York Stock Exchange on his lunch break on Tuesday.

“I was just conquering the capital markets on my lunch break at the New York Stock Exchange,” Blackmon said in a post on Instagram.

He even gave the president of the NYSE a few batting tips.

“When you have a hitter like @Chuck_Nazty stop by the @NYSE, you get him to give you a few batting tips,” Thomas Farley tweeted.

Blackmon was in New York to join ESPN for their World Series coverage this week, the team announced Tuesday.

Blackmon is scheduled to appear at least four times on the network – before and after the game on Tuesday and then again on SportsCenter AM and “Highly Questionable” on Wednesday.

He’s expected to talk about the World Series and reflect on his season with the Rockies.
    rest - plus pictures
    http://kdvr.com/2017/10/24/charlie-b...tock-exchange/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

3. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rockies’ Nolan Arenado, DJ LeMahieu and Gerardo Parra named Gold Glove finalists

The Rockies’ defense glittered in 2017. Recognition arrived Thursday afternoon when three players were named finalists for Rawlings’ Gold Glove awards.

As expected, third baseman Nolan Arenado made the cut and is the clear favorite to win his fifth consecutive Gold Glove. Second baseman DJ LeMahieu, who snagged the award in 2014, is also a finalist. And, in a bit of a surprise, Gerardo Parra was named a finalist in left field. Parra won Gold Gloves with Arizona in 2011 and 2013.

The winners will be announced on Nov. 7.

It’s fitting that the Rockies should have three National League finalists. Their team fielding percentage of .987 was the third best in the majors, and the second highest in franchise history, trailing only the .989 mark of the 2007 World Series team.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/10/26...ove-finalists/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Nolan Arenado honored at Players Choice Awards

KUSA - Colorado Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado has been honored by his peers.

Arenado received the "Majestic Athletic Always Game Award" at the MLB Players Association's Players Choice Awards, which were announced Wednesday night.

The award goes annually to the player who "game in and game out constantly exhibits grit, tenacity, perseverance and hustle; all for the benefits of his teammates and fans," according to the MLBPA.

"I have a couple buddies and I have a friend that tells me, 'You want to be known as a guy that can play old-school ball. That's kind of how I approached it. I'm not really the flashiest guy. I just try to play hard. I want to be known as an old-school baseball player," Arenado told MLB Network on Wednesday.

This offseason Arenado earned his fifth Gold Glove Award, one for every year he's been in the majors. Arenado is the first infielder in history to begin his career with five straight Gold Glove Awards.
    rest - plus video - http://www.9news.com/sports/mlb/colo...ards/490589257

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rockies’ Charlie Blackmon and Nolan Arenado win Silver Slugger awards

The Rockies collected more best-in-baseball hardware Thursday when third baseman Nolan Arenado and center fielder Charlie Blackmon won Silver Slugger Awards.

It was the third consecutive Silver Slugger for Arenado and the second straight for Blackmon.

The Silver Slugger is awarded to the best offensive player at each position in both the American League and the National League, as determined by major-league coaches and managers. Managers and coaches are not permitted to vote for players on their own team.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/09...lugger-awards/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rockies’ Nolan Arenado wins Platinum Glove as National League’s best defender

The Rockies finished the 2017 season ranked third in the majors in overall defense with a .987 fielding percentage. Friday, the glittering hardware continued to pile up.

Leading the way was third baseman Nolan Arenado, who captured the biggest defensive award of them all. He won the Rawlings Platinum Glove Award, emblematic of the best overall defensive player in the National League. It was the first time Arenado snared the award.

Minnesota outfielder Byron Buxton won the AL Platinum Glove Award.

The Platinum Glove winners are determined by online fan voting, plus a defensive index from the Society for American Baseball Research (SABR). All of this year’s Gold Glove Award winners were eligible for the Platinum Award.

Also on Friday, second baseman DJ LeMahieu and pitcher Tyler Chatwood joined Arenado in winning Wilson awards, which recognizes the best player at each position in the majors — not just the National League.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/11/10...latinum-glove/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Catcher Chris Iannetta returns to Rockies with 2-year, $8.5 million deal

Veteran catcher Chris Iannetta is returning to the Rockies.

The free agent agreed to a two-year, $8.5 million contract on Friday, multiple sources confirmed. The Rockies have yet to officially announce the deal.

Iannetta, 34, hit .254 with 17 home runs and 43 RBIs in 89 games for Arizona in 2017. The Rockies hope he will provides a veteran presence behind the plate to match up with their young pitching staff.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/08...orado-rockies/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Guess that means Lucroy was too expensive for us. Don't hate the move. But would have preferred Lucroy.

13. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Guess that means Lucroy was too expensive for us. Don't hate the move. But would have preferred Lucroy.
    I think it may be a smart move.

In 2017:
    Lucroy's slash line: .265/.345/.371/.716, 1.2 WAR
    Iannetta's slash line: .254/.354/.511/.865, 2.2 WAR
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Cubs Agree To Deal With Former Rockies Pitcher Chatwood

“Obviously, the focus of the winter has been pitching,” president of baseball operations Theo Epstein said.

Chatwood joins a team with three straight NL Championship Series appearances and a World Series title in 2016. He figures to slot into the rotation behind Jon Lester, Kyle Hendricks and Jose Quintana.

He gets $12.5 million in each of the next two seasons and $13 million in 2020. His 2020 salary would rise to $15 million if he is an All-Star in the previous two seasons and $17 million if he gets Cy Young consideration in the prior two years.
    rest - http://denver.cbslocal.com/2017/12/0...-rockies-cubs/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think it may be a smart move.

In 2017:
    Lucroy's slash line: .265/.345/.371/.716, 1.2 WAR
    Iannetta's slash line: .254/.354/.511/.865, 2.2 WAR
    For their careers Lucroy hits about 50 points better. And Iannetta has pretty severe splits - hits lefties much better than righties. I'd much prefer Lucroy, but I understand he was probably going to command too much for his age.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

For their careers Lucroy hits about 50 points better. And Iannetta has pretty severe splits - hits lefties much better than righties. I'd much prefer Lucroy, but I understand he was probably going to command too much for his age.
    Yeah, you definitely get a downgrade theoretically, but Lucroy really hasn't been very good since he left Milwaukee, so I think this move is OK. You sacrifice some defense and a little against righties.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

FWIW, the Fangraphs projected WAR for the 2018 season for both players is the exact same, 2.2.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    FWIW, the Fangraphs projected WAR for the 2018 season for both players is the exact same, 2.2.
    Iannetta not really an every day guy the same way Lucroy is though... So I assume that they'll platoon him with Wolters or someone else. In the end, we can probably get similar production for less than it would have cost to keep Lucroy.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rockies’ Chad Bettis wins Tony Conigliaro Award after battling back from cancer

When Chad Bettis was waging his battle against cancer, his thoughts and prayers centered on getting well for the sake of his wife, Kristina, and his new-born daughter, Everleigh Rae.

Bettis’ return as a Rockies starting pitcher was next on his list. The notion of being an inspiration for others came later.

But that’s what happened.

Wednesday, the veteran right-hander was selected as the recipient of the 2017 Tony Conigliaro Award. He became the second Rockies player to win the award, joining pitcher Aaron Cook, who was honored in 2005.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/2017/12/06...ttling-cancer/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information