Page 468 of 575 FirstFirst ... 368 418 458 466 467 468 469 470 478 518 568 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

That was ugly.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...rticleid=29529

Coors Field is a beautiful ballpark. The field itself is always well tended, as is the little forest beyond the center field wall. The building is constructed with an eye toward grandeur and comfort.

Perhaps this was all done in an effort to mask the evil that lurks there.

Coors Field is home to a monster. It lays in wait and preys upon the unsuspecting. It lures both home and away teams into a false sense of security. Passersby of Coors Field sometime report hearing unearthly screams and roars, and the cracks of ball on bat. Oh, you have a cute little nine-run lead. That’s nice. Oh, you put the best reliever in baseball into the game. That’s nice.

The monster doesn’t care. It will eat you alive, laughing maniacally as it feasts on your flesh and your lead as balls sail over the fence, no matter how deep all that grass looks. What’s left of your lead hangs from its horns as it prances around in the stadium without any pants on.

Dinger has no soul. Look into his eyes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Jose Reyes has been designated for assignment.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Hey MO, what's going to happen with Reyes? Are we just gonna eat the vast majority of that contract?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Hey MO, what's going to happen with Reyes? Are we just gonna eat the vast majority of that contract?
    There's not much they can do, unless some team would offer to take the contract in exchange for something like a little bit of cash or a player to be named later. Unfortunately, the Rockies have no leverage.

It was an amazingly incompetent trade.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    There's not much they can do, unless some team would offer to take the contract in exchange for something like a little bit of cash or a player to be named later. Unfortunately, the Rockies have no leverage.

Well Tulo hasn't done shit and I think the trade really hinges on how those young arms do. From a money standpoint it was expensive that's for sure.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'm still reserving judgment on the trade. We know Reyes is hot garbage - but he's only signed through 2017, and we got out of 3 additional years of Tulo at his price through 2020. In order for the trade to be justifiable and have any value, we'll need at least one of the 3 pitchers we acquired to do something: Tinoco, Castro or Hoffman... Right now it seems that neither team was really improved all that much - at least we have Story to soften the blow a bit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm more talking about the trade in principal. The entire reason for trading Tulowitski at that juncture was because you had a shortstop at Triple-A that was blocked and had been waiting for about a year too long to make his major league debut. So what do the Rockies do? Trade for another shortstop. It was absolute incompetence. Then this offseason just made it worse. And we haven't even got to the money...

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'm more talking about the trade in principal. The entire reason for trading Tulowitski at that juncture was because you had a shortstop at Triple-A that was blocked and had been waiting for about a year too long to make his major league debut. So what do the Rockies do? Trade for another shortstop. It was absolute incompetence. Then this offseason just made it worse. And we haven't even got to the money...
    The trade was for 3 legitimate pitching prospects and ~$50-$60 million in savings from 2017-2020. The reason the Jays were willing to give up the arms was because we were willing to eat the rest of Reyes' money. The fact that we then had a replacement SS so that we're not totally hamstrung by Reyes' declining defense I'd like to think was factored in to the overall deal.

The deal has never been one that could help this team in the short term - it's about acquiring young arms, making room for Story, and getting out from under the back end of an injury-prone Tulo's deal to build for the future.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The trade was for 3 legitimate pitching prospects and ~$50-$60 million in savings from 2017-2020. The reason the Jays were willing to give up the arms was because we were willing to eat the rest of Reyes' money. The fact that we then had a replacement SS so that we're not totally hamstrung by Reyes' declining defense I'd like to think was factored in to the overall deal.

The deal has never been one that could help this team in the short term - it's about acquiring young arms, making room for Story, and getting out from under the back end of an injury-prone Tulo's deal to build for the future.
    I just don't believe the only deal they could have received that could bring in some pitching prospects had to include a player at one of the few positions the Rockies had someone ready to go this setting him back another half year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I just don't believe the only deal they could have received that could bring in some pitching prospects had to include a player at one of the few positions the Rockies had someone ready to go this setting him back another half year.
    I'm open to the possibility that we could have found a better deal. I'm also open to the possibility that we did about as well as we could for an injury prone overpaid diva malcontent who is now on the wrong side of 30. It remains to be seen, and we won't be able to judge fully for another few seasons.

13. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Reyes designated for assignment by Rockies

some things from article:

Designating Reyes for assignment means the Rockies technically have 10 days to trade, release or outright him to the Minors. But general manager Jeff Bridich said the move was made so the Rockies can engineer Reyes' exit. Bridich and manager Walt Weiss said they announced the decision to the team after Tuesday night's 13-10 victory over the Yankees.

"It's fair to say it was responsible to the situation and to the organization that we talk though every sort of conceivable situation," Bridich said. "We certainly had enough time to do that. At the end of the day, we determined that it was best we part ways -- best for the direction of the organization, best for what was going on in the clubhouse and best for Jose."

Reyes was due to make $22 million this year, and the suspension has cost him roughly a third of that. The Rockies also are on the hook for $22 million next season, plus a $4 million buyout on a $22 million club option for '18.

For another club to claim Reyes, it must pay him at the least the Major League minimum of $508,000, and that amount would be subtracted from what the Rockies owe.

Trade talks while Reyes rehabbed never turned serious.

"The last two weeks have kind of come and gone, a couple of teams poking around, so nothing real serious ever materialized," Bridich said. "But Jose is still a very talented player. We're hopeful. He's designated for assignment now. We've got a little it of time to figure out exactly what that means in terms of his true exit. We'll see what happens.
    full article - http://m.mlb.com/news/article/184199...for-assignment

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

De La Rosa didn't stand a chance against Stanton, lol.

Welcome to June and the Rockies suck again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Ozuna goes double dong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

That is a terrible expression MO
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information