Page 448 of 575 FirstFirst ... 348 398 438 446 447 448 449 450 458 498 548 ... LastLast
Results 6,706 to 6,720 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    What names come to mind for a replacement? Is there anyone that can help turn this thing around?
    New ownership. Doesn't matter who the Manger is.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    New ownership. Doesn't matter who the Manger is.
    Proof that a great manager doesnt mean shit if the ownership and GM are horrible...Baltimore Orioles.

4. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    No idea - preferably someone who wasn't coaching high school baseball previously. I don't think coaching is as important in baseball as some other sports... I just want someone who is analytical and forward thinking. Weiss is too old school - he lost me earlier this year when he had a lefty warming up to face a lefty in the bottom of the 8th... But then he ran Axford out there in the 9th to face that lefty - because he adheres to some outdated philosophy on letting his closer get saves instead of playing the best matchup.
    I really do like and respect Weiss, but the thing that just annoys the shit out of me is the ridiculous number of base running errors we commit. At some point that comes down to the manager. I also realize that is far from our biggest problem but it's just something that bugs me.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I really do like and respect Weiss, but the thing that just annoys the shit out of me is the ridiculous number of base running errors we commit. At some point that comes down to the manager. I also realize that is far from our biggest problem but it's just something that bugs me.
    Of course, if we continue to assemble the league's worst pitching staff, then we may as well keep hiring high school managers and saving $$, because what difference does it make?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

How many pitchers for the Rockies were injured this year - starters and relievers. Yeah, darn Walt Weiss for injuring all of those pitchers.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

As much as I hate to say it, I wonder if the Rox need to build an indoor stadium in order to attract good pitchers. Of course the owners have to be willing to spend money. They still seem to be scarred from the Mike Hampton/Denny Neagle experiments.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    As much as I hate to say it, I wonder if the Rox need to build an indoor stadium in order to attract good pitchers. Of course the owners have to be willing to spend money. They still seem to be scarred from the Mike Hampton/Denny Neagle experiments.
    An indoor stadium isn't going to change the fact that it sits and 5,280 feet above sea level in thinner air. Because the air is thinner and the ball travels easier, the outfield needs to be bigger, which makes it easier to drop hits in between the outfielders... So you have identified the correct problem, or one of them, but short of moving the team to another city there isn't much that can be done.

The real problem is that the franchise sucks at developing pitchers. If they aren't going to spend on free agent pitching, then they must be able to develop pitchers to have any success. The Tulo trade gives me some faith that they are rebuilding with young arms, but it's going to be a long process.

Sign guys who get more ground balls?

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    An indoor stadium isn't going to change the fact that it sits and 5,280 feet above sea level in thinner air. Because the air is thinner and the ball travels easier, the outfield needs to be bigger, which makes it easier to drop hits in between the outfielders... So you have identified the correct problem, or one of them, but short of moving the team to another city there isn't much that can be done.

The real problem is that the franchise sucks at developing pitchers. If they aren't going to spend on free agent pitching, then they must be able to develop pitchers to have any success. The Tulo trade gives me some faith that they are rebuilding with young arms, but it's going to be a long process.
    I think an indoor stadium would make it easier to control the environment, negating the thin air, but I don't live there and may be off base.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I like Tom Murphy.

Hey Buff, what do you think about moving the fences in at Coors but maybe also raising them? Not a full on green monster type wall but make the outfield smaller but raise the walls to guard against home run derby stuff.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

I like Tom Murphy.

Hey Buff, what do you think about moving the fences in at Coors but maybe also raising them? Not a full on green monster type wall but make the outfield smaller but raise the walls to guard against home run derby stuff.
    I know you didn't ask me but I think you're looking at a ton of doubles.

16. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I know you didn't ask me but I think you're looking at a ton of doubles.
    I think that's one of the problems right now, the outfield is so big there's a ton of doubles.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

18. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Listening to John Gray in the pre game it's pretty obvious that he can not wait to pitch for a different team. He hates Coors field.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Cargo!!!!!!!!
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Congrats to Nolan for setting the MLB single season extra base hit record for 3rd basemen.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

22. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information