Page 442 of 575 FirstFirst ... 342 392 432 440 441 442 443 444 452 492 542 ... LastLast
Results 6,616 to 6,630 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    Hoffman was the highest rated prospect in the Jays system, he jumped Norris this season
    On whose list? Neither Baseball America or Baseball Prospectus have him ranked any higher than 3rd.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    On whose list? Neither Baseball America or Baseball Prospectus have him ranked any higher than 3rd.
    according to the Jays, they have been talking about it for weeks. I get their are rankings, but I prefer to listen to what a team thinks of it's players. In fact the Jays broadcast team are talking about it right now, I'm listening to them on the radio... rogers sportsnet radio if you want to listen.

It means nothing to me, I'm just saying what the Jays org. is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

ESPN is reporting that Cargo will be moved before Friday (source is a GM from a interested team).
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That just surprises me. Did they not see Castro as a starter? They'd moved him to closer. I get that was out of necessity, but still an odd thing to do with a prospect.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

ESPN is reporting that Cargo will be moved before Friday (source is a GM from a interested team).
    That would be the next logical step.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I just don't understand why they would trade Tulo and leave Story blocked. That's the why the Reyes part is baffling to me. Unless they had a trade lined up, why keep one of your top prospects blocked with a guy signed through 2017?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm gonna hate to see Cargo leave, he's always been a standup guy and I've enjoyed watching him. If he does leave I really hope it's to the Angels who are easily my favorite AL team. Most of all I hope we get something that can help turn this sinking ship around some time in the next 5 years.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I just don't understand why they would trade Tulo and leave Story blocked. That's the why the Reyes part is baffling to me. Unless they had a trade lined up, why keep one of your top prospects blocked with a guy signed through 2017?
    Yeah, I'm really hoping we flip Reyes. I'm sure we won't get shit for him but whatever, let's just clear the spot for Story and see what the kid can do.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

#firesale
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Because there are only a limited number of teams who would trade for Tulo's contract - so they likely got a better package by taking on Reyes' salary in return. The front office basically looks at Reyes and Tulo's contracts as being washes for 2016-2017, but then Reyes comes off the books and Tulo is signed through 2020. Story projects as a 2B, Brendan Rodgers is our SS of the future - so they've cleared the way for them 2 years down the road as opposed to being blocked until 2020.

The Mets, for instance, probably wanted us to take on some more of Tulo's salary or accept less in return.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

That just surprises me. Did they not see Castro as a starter? They'd moved him to closer. I get that was out of necessity, but still an odd thing to do with a prospect.
    Jays destroy pitchers, 90% of their prospects that have been ruined.

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The Jays ain't got shit on the Rockies in the "destroying pitchers" game. The Rox are all time #1 first ballot HOFers in that category. The Rockies are to destroying pitchers what Ty Cobb was to stealing home.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Rockies are the worst organization in baseball at developing pitchers.

no I'm talking about destroying them... as in they either acquire or groom pitchers and then destroy their arms and careers, but yes I agree, the Rockies are horrible

Adopted Bronco:

The Rockies are the worst organization in baseball at developing pitchers.
    Adam Loewen, Garrett Olson, Pedro Beato, Brian Matusz, Matt Hobgood, Dylan Bundy, Kevin Gausman, Matt Harvey.

Those are the Orioles first round pitchers over the last 13 years. Only 3 still have any chance of success and two of those (Bundy, Harvey) are injury plagued. I can certainly relate to organizations that dont have the ability to develop pitchers.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information