Page 441 of 575 FirstFirst ... 341 391 431 439 440 441 442 443 451 491 541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Unbelievable. Being a Rockies fan must be brutal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    For both teams. Toronto already has offense. They need pitching. And they trade for a guy that can't stay healthy on grass...and play him on Toronto turf.

Lose/lose for both teams unless it emerges that Colorado got a good prospect or two.
    Miguel Castro, rhp. Don't know anything about him, except he's not Norris. Or Sanchez. Or Stroman. Or any of their top prospects. I think he was a fringe top 10 prospect in the organization.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Well, Heyman says it's a "nice get."

@JonHeymanCBS: castro a nice get for rox..@jonmorosi 1st suggested it could be

Hopefully he's a fastball-change guy. Apparently one more prospect involved, but don't know who yet. And apparently Reyes is going to be flipped and Story is coming up.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Well, Heyman says it's a "nice get."

@JonHeymanCBS: castro a nice get for rox..@jonmorosi 1st suggested it could be

Hopefully he's a fastball-change guy. Apparently one more prospect involved, but don't know who yet. And apparently Reyes is going to be flipped and Story is coming up.
    Looking much better for the Rox. Castro and Hoffman are nice pick-ups...if you have any faith in their ability to continue developing them, that is. Plus it opens the door for Story and whatever they get for Reyes. On paper, Colorado made out pretty well...if they can continue to develop the young talent.

As an opposing fan...I'm happy to see Toronto clear out their MiL...and still not have the pitching to win.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Looking much better for the Rox. Castro and Hoffman are nice pick-ups...if you have any faith in their ability to continue developing them, that is. Plus it opens the door for Story and whatever they get for Reyes. On paper, Colorado made out pretty well...if they can continue to develop the young talent.

As an opposing fan...I'm happy to see Toronto clear out their MiL...and still not have the pitching to win.
    The part that worries me is that Toronto is so starved for pitching, that I've got to think they wouldn't let these guys get away if they truly thought they could be significant contributors. Castro is young and raw and may still turn into a solid contributor, Hoffman doesn't excite me as much. Not sure what the deal is on the other guy.

We supposedly could have had Jhonny Peralta from the Cardinals two years ago, or Noah Syndergaard over the winter, but didn't pull the trigger on either. Now it feels like we're trying to salvage what we can.

Then again - the Rockies were always going to botch this trade. It was just a question of how badly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Terrabad

Adopted Bronco:

The part that worries me is that Toronto is so starved for pitching, that I've got to think they wouldn't let these guys get away if they truly thought they could be significant contributors. Castro is young and raw and may still turn into a solid contributor, Hoffman doesn't excite me as much. Not sure what the deal is on the other guy.

We supposedly could have had Jhonny Peralta from the Cardinals two years ago, or Noah Syndergaard over the winter, but didn't pull the trigger on either. Now it feels like we're trying to salvage what we can.

Then again - the Rockies were always going to botch this trade. It was just a question of how badly.
    And the Orioles could have had Giancarlo Stanton for a package that included Bundy(who has been injured since then) and Gausman (who they are not apparently willing to trade). It's easy to look at what could have happened and second guess things. Look at the trades for "all-star" players over the past few years. No one really makes out significantly over another team, so what Colorado got for a 30 year old, often-injured shortstop is a pretty good return. And once they flip Reyes, the salary relief will be a bonus. At the end of the day, Tulo was never going to get a return that included multiple top prospects and young, controllable ML talent.

The reason to be concerned as a Rockies fan should sit solely on the organizations inability to develop young pitching. But they cant stop trying altogether.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

And the Orioles could have had Giancarlo Stanton for a package that included Bundy(who has been injured since then) and Gausman (who they are not apparently willing to trade). It's easy to look at what could have happened and second guess things. Look at the trades for "all-star" players over the past few years. No one really makes out significantly over another team, so what Colorado got for a 30 year old, often-injured shortstop is a pretty good return. And once they flip Reyes, the salary relief will be a bonus. At the end of the day, Tulo was never going to get a return that included multiple top prospects and young, controllable ML talent.

The reason to be concerned as a Rockies fan should sit solely on the organizations inability to develop young pitching. But they cant stop trying altogether.
    I don't think they'll be able to flip Reyes for anything meaningful with his contract. I think Tulo's stock was highest two years ago, but the organization kept clinging to false hope that they could turn things around, which has now limited his return as a 30 year old. Maybe he was never going to fetch what Rockies fans desire - but I would have much preferred a deal that had a SP as the centerpiece, as opposed to a 32 year old injury prone SS who is basically just in the deal for salary relief down the road.

Oh well, all things considered, I'll take the salary relief to build around Story and Rodgers as our middle infielders of the future, and at least we got a few pitching prospects - they had to do something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Fingers crossed one of the pitchers we got pans out. The prospects we got for Ubaldo were terrible. When you look at the prospects that the A's got for Donaldson, the jury is still out but that looks like a clear win for Toronto because they were willing to take on the $$.

If we got Reyes and some throw-in arms then this is clearly a squandered opportunity by the front office.

Castro and Hoffman are both good prospects but Jays had to get rid of Reyes, they owe him another 55 million and he absolutely sucks at SS and will not move to another position. They gave up a couple good young guys but will happily take the best SS in the league in return and keep him for a few years. As for injuries, Reyes has been on the DL as much as Tulo.

Jays best prospects are still in the system so they could still get pitching yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Still hate this deal. Gave up Tulo and didn't get any of their top 3 young pitchers. Instead took back Reyes. It's just brutal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Still hate this deal. Gave up Tulo and didn't get any of their top 3 young pitchers. Instead took back Reyes. It's just brutal.
    I'm trying to keep an open mind - these deals never feel good up front because the prospects are still prospects. But yeah - it doesn't feel like the right deal for the best player in franchise history.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm trying to keep an open mind - these deals never feel good up front because the prospects are still prospects. But yeah - it doesn't feel like the right deal for the best player in franchise history.
    We traded Todd Helton?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    We traded Todd Helton?
    Good point, lost my head there for a minute.

15. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Hoffman was the highest rated prospect in the Jays system, he jumped Norris this season

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information