Page 438 of 575 FirstFirst ... 338 388 428 436 437 438 439 440 448 488 538 ... LastLast
Results 6,556 to 6,570 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Blow a three run lead in the ninth with a grand slam.

Good grief.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Blow a three run lead in the ninth with a grand slam.

Good grief.
    I was playing softball MO, who was on the mound?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I was playing softball MO, who was on the mound?
    I dunno. I'm at work and had it playing fairly quietly on my phone. Sounded like they just called him up.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Nevermind. It was Betancourt. I don't know who they were talking about.

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

That Sux, I've always like Raphael.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

1-2 count, 2 outs, 3 run lead and Betancourt runs a ******* fastball over the middle of the plate that Guerrero crushed to dead center. Worst part is the game was shaping up to be one of the best of the year - Tulo was pumped after he hit his go ahead HR in the 7th or 8th. An absolutely crushing loss that was looking like it could be a momentum swing in the other direction.

Ownership is negligent to the point of being criminal. We run a ******* 40 year old coming off of TJ out there twice in one day because that's the state of our bullpen talent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Colorado getting ready to pick. No clue who it's going to be, but it could be Brendan Rodgers, a high school shortstop that BA has their No. 1 guy. Diamondbacks took Swanson, the SS for Vanderbilt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Bregman, of LSU, is off the board, so I imagine it will be Rodgers.

Adopted Bronco:

Probably better as a 3rd baseman, but not a bad heir apparent to Tulo if they keep him at SS.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Probably better as a 3rd baseman, but not a bad heir apparent to Tulo if they keep him at SS.
    Bat should play, no matter where it is he settles in.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Bat should play, no matter where it is he settles in.
    Agreed...but with their pitching...defense should be maximized.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I just watched the draft and I keep hearing people say this about this Rogers kid, does this line of thinking assume that Nolan moves to SS or does baseball just not even think that far ahead when drafting? I've never paid attention to the MLB draft before and it seems so much different than the NFL in terms of projection. NFL draft picks are expected to contribute immediately essentially and it seems like baseball is looking years into the future.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I just watched the draft and I keep hearing people say this about this Rogers kid, does this line of thinking assume that Nolan moves to SS or does baseball just not even think that far ahead when drafting? I've never paid attention to the MLB draft before and it seems so much different than the NFL in terms of projection. NFL draft picks are expected to contribute immediately essentially and it seems like baseball is looking years into the future.
    He's 18 and he's probably four to five years away from breaking into the majors unless he's a fast-riser. Any team would essentially deal with a logjam when that point comes. The Royals did it by making Gordon into a left fielder, and he turned into the best in the game. Arenado was a shortstop when drafted, but his glove couldn't stick there, so they moved him to third and lucky enough there wasn't anyone else there in the organization to play at the same level in the bigs. Like I said, the logjam works itself out, or, once he reaches Double-A, or Triple-A and you see he's blocked, you look at other positions.

Every good athlete plays either shortstop or center field in high school. Think of it like a quarterback, the best athlete on the team plays there yet there are only so many that can play there in college and even less that can play that position in the pros. But the Rockies drafted his bat, not his defense, so you let him prove where he can play. If he can stay at shortstop, keep him there. If he can't try him at third, and then left. Especially if his bat can play (meaning, it needs to get into the lineup). If he can stick at shortstop all the way to the bigs, that's just a plus.

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Rockies have drafted 3 players so far - all are just out of HS

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/...ft=team&fv=col

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Rockies have drafted 3 players so far - all are just out of HS

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/...ft=team&fv=col
    4 high schoolers now. They just drafted another HS pitcher.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information