Page 427 of 575 FirstFirst ... 327 377 417 425 426 427 428 429 437 477 527 ... LastLast
Results 6,391 to 6,405 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Curious to see if they finally wake up and deal one of Tulo or CarGo.
    The fact that we have a stated willingness is good enough for me. The reality is that it's going to be hard to find the appropriate compensation for either of them - but at least now we're willing to listen instead of stubbornly hanging onto them because they are fan favorites.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Just to clarify on the article...the Mets lose their 1st round pick and Colorado receives a compensatory pick between the 1st and 2nd round. The Rockies dont get the Mets #15 pick. It will be in the late 30's/early 40's
    I expect to he getting a call. I really showed some good stuff during our Co-ed softball season.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Michael Cuddyer signs with Mets

PHOENIX -- The New York Mets uncharacteristically moved aggressively in free agency, signing veteran Michael Cuddyer to a two-year deal as the general managers' meetings opened Monday at the Arizona Biltmore hotel.

Cuddyer, 35, will earn $21 million in the deal -- $8.5 million in 2015 and $12.5 million in 2016 -- according to a source. Cuddyer faced a Monday deadline to accept a $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Colorado Rockies.

"Michael is a tremendous addition to the middle of our lineup," Mets general manager Sandy Alderson said in a statement. "He is a proven offensive threat who also brings versatility in the field with the ability to play multiple positions."

The Mets have been wary of forfeiting draft picks in recent years, but will surrender the 15th overall pick for landing Cuddyer.
    rest - http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/stor...-two-year-deal

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Michael Cuddyer’s signing with Mets shocks sports world

http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/...s-world/19107/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rockies general manager Jeff Bridich aims to improve rotation

PHOENIX — There are plenty of smoke, mirrors and rumors as the "Hot Stove League" begins to boil, but one thing is perfectly clear when it comes to the Rockies.

"I think we absolutely, 100 percent need to address our rotation," new general manager Jeff Bridich said Monday as baseball's annual GM meetings began.

Bridich said Colorado's decision not to pick up left Brett Anderson's $12 million option, coupled with arm issues surrounding right-handers Tyler Chatwood and Jhoulys Chacin, makes it imperative that the club explores options.

"Letting Brett Anderson depart, and some of the other unsure things going on, we are going to have to address that," Bridich said.

He added that the Rockies will be creative in their search.
    rest - plus stuff on Tulo and other players
    http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...prove-rotation

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Curious to see if they finally wake up and deal one of Tulo or CarGo.
    The fact that we have a stated willingness is good enough for me. The reality is that it's going to be hard to find the appropriate compensation for either of them - but at least now we're willing to listen instead of stubbornly hanging onto them because they are fan favorites.
    The key is the definition of "appropriate compensation". 2 guys with injury issues and splits that don't fare well outside of Coors.

I wouldn't mind giving CarGo a shot in Baltimore, but my guess is the average Rox fan would scoff at what I'd be willing to give up for him. If he doesn't get traded...i imagine it's because actual ML GMs are in the same boat.

Then again...you have teams like the Mets.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Michael Cuddyer left Rockies for Mets because they're "eager to win"

Michael Cuddyer made it clear Tuesday why he spurned the Rockies to sign with the New York Mets. And it had nothing to do with money.

"I think going into the offseason there were a couple of goals that I had," Cuddyer said by phone, a day after agreeing to a two-year, $21 million deal with the Mets. "One was to join a team that was eager to win and wanted to win now and was excited to win now."

Cuddyer rejected a one-year, $15.3 million qualifying offer from the Rockies in favor of joining the Mets, who struggled in finishing 79-83 last season. But the Rockies are coming off a 66-96 season, second-worst in the National League.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...eaving-rockies

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I know some fans are going to think he was trying to burn Colorado, but I think he's right in terms of the Rockies rebuilding.

That said, I don't think the Mets are going to win anything either.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I know some fans are going to think he was trying to burn Colorado, but I think he's right in terms of the Rockies rebuilding.

That said, I don't think the Mets are going to win anything either.
    In this case, I think it's a rare case where the team's interests happened to be aligned with his. He wanted a multi-year deal and to play for a winner, which is the better long term move him and for a Rockies team that isn't a legitimate contender and has no business paying him $15mil this year. The draft pick compensation means no hard feelings on either side. It's almost too good to be true. Naturally, they will probably botch the draft pick and not spend that money wisely. Or they won't spend it at all. But at least it's worked out thus far!

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

In this case, I think it's a rare case where the team's interests happened to be aligned with his. He wanted a multi-year deal and to play for a winner, which is the better long term move him and for a Rockies team that isn't a legitimate contender and has no business paying him $15mil this year. The draft pick compensation means no hard feelings on either side. It's almost too good to be true. Naturally, they will probably botch the draft pick and not spend that money wisely. Or they won't spend it at all. But at least it's worked out thus far!
    Remember buffalo soldier, this is the first new GM we have had since Bill Clinton was in office.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

But the Mets haven't won since 2008...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

The flip side...I suggest not getting too excited over a comp pick. Prospects and draft picks are probably the most over-valued assets in all of baseball. And if you look at the last 10+ drafts...you're getting your franchise player in the top 12 picks or getting lucky with a guy drafted in later rounds.

But...it's obvious that the Rockies wanted to move on and they took advantage of the situation like any team would have. They save money and get a player to develop.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rockies add Tyler Anderson to 40-man roster; designate Juan Nicasio

The Rockies' roster shuffle began Thursday with something of a surprise.

As the club begins to reset its 40-man roster, it designated right-handed pitcher Juan Nicasio for assignment. The club added lefty prospect Tyler Anderson to the 40-man roster in order to protect him from next month's Rule 5 draft at baseball's winter meeting.

Nicasio, 28, who made a comeback after suffering a broken neck while pitching in 2011, struggled mightily in 2014, posting a 6-6 record with a 5.38 ERA. He began the season as a starter, was optioned to Triple-A and then returned as a reliever, where he pitched a bit better.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...ster-designate

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Thanks for everything Juan. Good luck as a FA. I hope you land on your feet.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

It was just painful watching Nicasio this year... Guy never really lived up to his potential. I was at the game where he got drilled in the neck and you wonder if that changed his trajectory.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information