Page 423 of 575 FirstFirst ... 323 373 413 421 422 423 424 425 433 473 523 ... LastLast
Results 6,331 to 6,345 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Which is why I hate this GM hire - we've been completely unable to develop any pitching whatsoever... So they promote the guy who has been in charge of it.
    Baltimore had the same problem for a long time. I cant tell you how many top 15 pitchers we've drafted and how many have panned out? NONE. There is hope for Gausman, Harvey and Bundy...but...I give more credit to getting the right pitching coach in there. Since we brought in Dave Wallace, our staff has been great.

I don't know if I would completely blame Bridich for all of the woes. There have been a few decent young players to come through the system during his time in that role. Pitching in Colorado is just going to be tough...period.

Gray had a decent season at Tulsa and has a few things to tweak, but he should be a regular in the rotation by 2016 at the latest. Just have to find and develop a few more like him

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I challenge you to name one decent young pitching talent to come through the organization not named Jorge De La Rosa.

How about when we took Greg Reynolds ahead of Evan Longoria, Clayton Kershaw, Max Scherzer and Tim Lincecum?

I know we are extra critical of this team - but I don't think they've done one single thing to earn the benefit of the doubt. They just screw up everything. Every free agent decision. Every draft pick. I have hope for Gray, but I also had high hopes for Tyler Matzek and Eddie Butler and many before them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

The Rockies had other pitchers this year besides De La Rosa who showed promise - Lyles to name one of them, but then he was injured. There were also one or two more, who got hit by the injury bug.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Didn't Showalter bring in Leo Mazzone.

And the Rockies didn't develop de la Rosa or Lyles...

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    The Rockies had other pitchers this year besides De La Rosa who showed promise - Lyles to name one of them, but then he was injured. There were also one or two more, who got hit by the injury bug.
    I thought Tyler Matzek was the best thing to come out of this season. He had some great moments and most of his bad moments would come in one inning. He'd be rolling along fine and then have one terrible inning. I think that can be fixed. I have hope for Matzek.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Ringolsby says O'Dowd was offered a multi-year extension and declined. And I totally believe it.

http://m.rockies.mlb.com/news/articl...for-rockies-gm

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rockies dismiss pitching coaches Wright, McLaughlin in GM Jeff Bridich's first moves

New Rockies general manager Jeff Bridich made his first big changes Thursday, firing pitching coaches Jim Wright and Bo McLaughlin.

The Rockies will now begin a search to replace both posititions, the team said.

The Rockies pitching staff struggled from top to bottom this season, with the worst overall ERA in baseball at 4.84. Their pitching marks at Coors Field, of course, were high (MLB-worst 5.05 ERA), but also on the road (MLB-worst 4.62).

Colorado's bullpen held a 4.79 ERA, second worst only to the Houston Astros. And starters threw a 4.89 ERA, ahead of only the Minnesota Twins.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...tching-coaches

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

That's hilarious. His first move is to fire the pitching coach, because yeah, it's HIS fault you couldn't find talent.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Ringolsby says O'Dowd was offered a multi-year extension and declined. And I totally believe it.

http://m.rockies.mlb.com/news/articl...for-rockies-gm
    Good article Buff. With O'Dowd refusing the multi-year extension, is that as much as saying that ONLY the owners control the $$$$ - i.e. - put a not more than figure on what free agents are offered, put a figure on what total payroll will be, etc., to the point that it will be very hard for the Rockies to have a competitive team, unless most of their draftees pan out in the future?

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Good article Buff. With O'Dowd refusing the multi-year extension, is that as much as saying that ONLY the owners control the $$$$ - i.e. - put a not more than figure on what free agents are offered, put a figure on what total payroll will be, etc., to the point that it will be very hard for the Rockies to have a competitive team, unless most of their draftees pan out in the future?
    It's definitely partially that. It has always annoyed me when every year in free agency the Denver Post is writing about how the Rockies have X amount of money to spend in free agency. The budget shouldn't be so rigid and the GM should have more freedom to allocate those dollars as they see fit. That said, baseball is different than the other salary cap sports, and the reality is most small/mid-market teams have some sort of a budget to work within.

The other reality is that the Monforts have created an awful working environment for the entire organization. Even their golden boy O'Dowd was annoyed with how they handled the GM responsibilities.

Which is why I have absolutely zero faith that anything will change under this new GM. They wanted O'Dowd back, but settled for his top lieutenant after O'Dowd turned down an extension. How sad is that?

14. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

IMO, O'Dowd did not accept the extension because he was totally tired of being the one who was blamed for all of the Rockies' problems, he became totally tired of reading/hearing how he should be fired. When in reality, he was NOT the one making any of the decisions, or at least those which would make or break the Rockies. I just found the following link, and the Rockies were 17th in total payroll. Of course, I would assume much of that was going to Tulo and Cargo, as their salaries are not listed on the link:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/team/salaries...lorado-rockies

Nolan Arenado - $500,000 salary - WHAT A BARGAIN

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Nolan Arenado - $500,000 salary - WHAT A BARGAIN
    That won't last long
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rockies land three players on the Gold Glove finalists list, led by Nolan Arenado

Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado jumped in line for a second consecutive Gold Glove award after he was named a finalist in the National League on Thursday.

Arenado joins Rockies second baseman DJ LeMahieu and first baseman Justin Morneau as finalists.

Arenado will go against San Francisco’s Pablo Sandoval and Los Angeles’ Juan Uribe for the NL award.

Texas manager Ron Washington, when the Rangers played in Colorado in May, had high praise for Arenado.

“In the history of the game, it was always about power at the corners. But you don’t have those prototypes anymore. So it’s defense for me,” Washington said of how he rates third basemen.

“And that kid (Arenado) is a highlight film over there.”
    rest - plus videos
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/...arenado/18951/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I would love to see Le Mahieu get it. Arenado deserves it, but I bet fat panda gets it.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

19. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The Rockies should hire Joe Maddon.

Someone had to say it.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information