Page 408 of 575 FirstFirst ... 308 358 398 406 407 408 409 410 418 458 508 ... LastLast
Results 6,106 to 6,120 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Rockies respond to Troy Tulowitzki cheating accusations with Ace of Base

Colorado Rockies fans know and love Troy Tulowitzki’s wry sense of humor with song choices. His past walk up songs have blasted hilarious choices like Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber through Coors Field. In 2013 the all-star shortstop went the tough guy-route with Jay Z’s “Public Service Announcement.” On Thursday against the Giants, a song the Rockies played after Tulo’s at bat took a poke at rumors from TV announcers that he’s been cheating.

On Tuesday a San Francisco Giants announcer attributed Tulo’s incredible home batting average (.571, if any Reverb readers understand sports statistics) to “getting signs.” The announcer, Mike Krukow, seemed to be insinuating that Tulowitzki has been stealing signs from the opposing team (which is frowned upon in baseball).

Though Tulo told the Denver Post on Wednesday that he’d “rather not get involved,” the Rockies responded to the accusations musically the next day.
    rest - plus video - cute
    http://www.heyreverb.com/blog/2014/0...ce-base/89668/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Awesome.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Nolan Arenado injures finger in Rockies' game at Atlanta

ATLANTA — Bad things usually happen to the Rockies at Turner Field, but this could ended up ranking as the worst.

Gold Glove third baseman Nolan Arenado, possibly headed toward his first All-Star Game appearance, suffered a fractured left finger Friday night while sliding into second base with a double in the second inning.

The Rockies' official diagnosis was a "left mallet finger fracture."

Arenado came in to score the game's first run, but he did not come back out for the bottom of the second inning. He was replaced by Charlie Culberson.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...ame-at-atlanta

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

That sucks about Nolan.

Anybody else watching the game tonight? What the Hell was with Uggla getting so pissed off about a pitch that obviously just got away from Lyles? I understand staring down a guy who might be throwing at you on purpose but that was so obviously not that kind of situation. I loved George Frasier's response "what was Uggla saying to Lyles there? "hey I've been hitting .220 the last three seasons why you throwing at me?"
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I am watching the game. Have no clue why Upton reacted like he did, but agree, Frasier's response was great.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    That sucks about Nolan.

Anybody else watching the game tonight? What the Hell was with Uggla getting so pissed off about a pitch that obviously just got away from Lyles? I understand staring down a guy who might be throwing at you on purpose but that was so obviously not that kind of situation. I loved George Frasier's response "what was Uggla saying to Lyles there? "hey I've been hitting .220 the last three seasons why you throwing at me?"
    Because the Braves are a bunch of little bitches.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Colorado Rockies top Atlanta Braves on stellar performance from Juan Nicasio

ATLANTA — This was a gut-check game for the Rockies. It turns out they were up to the challenge.

They got a pick-me-up performance from Juan Nicasio, who dominated the Braves for six scoreless innings in Colorado's 3-1 victory Saturday.

The stocky right-hander often teases with his talent, but doesn't always deliver on his promise. But he did Saturday, allowing the Braves just two hits. Although Nicasio walked four, he coolly worked his way out of trouble. The prime example came in the third when the Braves loaded the bases with two walks and a single by B.J. Justin Upton. But Nicasio threw a nasty split-finger fastball to Justin Upton who fouled out to first baseman Justin Morneau.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...rformance-from

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

What's the news out of Denver on Tulo?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

The Rockies are easily the least televised team on UK ESPN - rubbish.

13. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    What's the news out of Denver on Tulo?
    from article:

* Troy Tulowitzki said he’s fine. He was a little shocked to be surrounded by media types after a 7-0 loss to the Braves on Sunday. Tulo did not take his place at shortstop in the bottom of the eighth after hitting his left ankle with his backswing in the top half of the inning.

“I’m good, I’m fine,” Tulo said, although his ankle was packed in ice. “My backswing hit my foot. I think I’m all right.”

Had the game still been in the balance, Tulo would have continued playing.
    full article - http://blogs.denverpost.com/rockies/...dy-bust/17654/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I was watching a pre-recorded Quick Pitch on MLB Network this morning that didn't have any follow up on it. I hope he's telling the truth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

what a horrendous 9th inning. What was Weiss thinking with putting Logan in? I know he wanted the left on left matchup but Utley just got a hit off of him the other night and Howard is 3-5 against him. Bad decision by Weiss, really bad.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

17. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    what a horrendous 9th inning. What was Weiss thinking with putting Logan in? I know he wanted the left on left matchup but Utley just got a hit off of him the other night and Howard is 3-5 against him. Bad decision by Weiss, really bad.
    Yeah, not to mention they showed that graphic about lefties hitting Logan better than righties this year. Not a good move. Rutledge is the one who effed it up though. Gotta make that friggin throw.

19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

That was the worst strike call I've seen in years. That ball was literally a foot inside. Holy shit that ump should be fined. A called third strike to end a game that was literally in the batter's box and not even close to the plate, with the tying run at the plate. Wow! **** that guy.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

21. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Carlos Gonzalez lands on disabled list for Rockies with finger injury

The Rockies on Wednesday moved outfielder Carlos Gonzalez to the 15-day disabled list and cut catcher Jordan Pacheco.

Colorado then added outfielder Ryan Wheeler and catcher Michael McKenry from the Sky Sox.

Gonzalez on Tuesday re-injured his left index finger in a game at Coors Field against the Arizona Diamondbacks. It's an injury he's suffered twice previously this season; however, this will be his first stint on the disabled list this season.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...-finger-injury

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information