Page 22 of 575 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 72 122 522 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

yeah!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Holliday might not have gotten the plate, but that makes up for the Ups missing the HR by Atkins

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    yeah!!!!!!!

Unbelievable!!!!
    Congrats

who is the rf on SD with the Chicken Arm

my favorite Rf of all time Dewey Evans throws out the runner easily at the plate, but it dont matter

at least one team from Denver is in the postseason

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

Congrats to the Rockies and good luck in the playoffs.

That was one hell of a game. I give the Rockies a lot of props for hanging in there and winning it. Not a bad way to open up the playoffs, huh? They are going to give the Phillies some trouble.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! IM SERIOUS!!!

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

WHAT IF? NO MORE WE ARE IN!!

How does it feel guys? We have been here all year, back and fourth, thick and thin, down 2 runs bottom of the 13th, we have been here! Tonight was crazy. Go from the lowest of lows, going to get Juliop kicked out of the country to shaking and on the verge of tears at this moment.

Ok were is all the people calling for Carroll? Asking why he is on the roster? Ya thats what I thought, man had to late inning hits!

I just ordered my Wild Card hat and shirt. I will remember this night forever! Still work to be done. I am going to have to have someone recored games 1 and 2 for me since I can't miss any more class but was really thinking of not going this week.

High five and hugs all! Roctober is here!
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Holliday might not have gotten the plate, but that makes up for the Ups missing the HR by Atkins
    that's whatcha call instant karma. . .

congrats to the rox, i'm happy they won since some of the people here are fans of them-- guess your thread really DOES have some extra awesome, eh snap?

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    WHAT IF? NO MORE WE ARE IN!!

How does it feel guys? We have been here all year, back and fourth, thick and thin, down 2 runs bottom of the 13th, we have been here! Tonight was crazy. Go from the lowest of lows, going to get Juliop kicked out of the country to shaking and on the verge of tears at this moment.

Ok were is all the people calling for Carroll? Asking why he is on the roster? Ya thats what I thought, man had to late inning hits!

I just ordered my Wild Card hat and shirt. I will remember this night forever! Still work to be done. I am going to have to have someone recored games 1 and 2 for me since I can't miss any more class but was really thinking of not going this week.

High five and hugs all! Roctober is here!
    Besides my Royals winning in the 85 series, this was the BEST baseball game I have ever watched!!

I love the fact that the Padres got their Ace Closer in the game, were getting a little cocky in the dugout...all smiles.

Then here comes the heart of the lineup....all 3 runs scored on NO outs!! Double Double Triple Sac Fly!!! DONE!! Thanks for coming.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    that's whatcha call instant karma. . .

congrats to the rox, i'm happy they won since some of the people here are fans of them-- guess your thread really DOES have some extra awesome, eh snap?

I though you did not like baseball dogfish

now Go Indians and Red Sox

in the NL Cubs and Rox hopefully

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    I though you did not like baseball dogfish
    i'm no big fan-- i'll usually watch a few games over the course of the summer, and with the indians getting better over the past few years i've been watching a few more. . . i honestly think it's a pretty boring sport-- i can rarely watch a whole game. . . but i'm glad the won since it makes people on the board hapy, and i'll always root for the indians because my mom's a hardcore fan. . . i'll probably watch the playoffs as long as they're in it. . . honestly, i don't really care what else happens, i just hope the spankees lose. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! IM SERIOUS!!!

I didnt know that you like baseball.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Holliday leaving it all on the field with Hoffman in the back ground!

Big props to the bullpen for pitching a hell of a game, up untill Julio! Seth Smith the big triple earlier in the game, total team effort pays off!
    Last edited by BroncoAV06; 10-02-2007 at 01:24 AM.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

CONGRATS ROCKIES

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Great article and Slide Show on here

http://www.9news.com/news/top-articl...?storyid=78358

Colorado's Comeback Kids take NL wild card

DENVER (AP) - The Blake Street Bombers gave way to Colorado's Comeback Kids Monday night at Coors Field.

Holliday raced home on Jamey Carroll's shallow fly ball, capping the three-run rally against the all-time saves leader and giving the Rockies a 9-8 win in baseball's longest one-game tiebreaker.
    The Rockies, winners of 14 of 15, will open the playoffs at Philadelphia on Wednesday in their first postseason appearance since the Blake Street Bombers lost to Atlanta in the first round in 1995.

The best of five playoff series kicks off at 1 p.m. (MDT) Wednesday followed by game two at the same time and place Thursday. Then the Rockies will bring it back home Saturday for game three at Coors Field at 7:30 p.m. If there is a game four, it will be Sunday at 8 p.m. at Coors Field followed by game five which will be on Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. in Philadelphia. Click here for information on tickets.

In Monday night's game, Colorado trailed 8-6 when Kaz Matsui and Rookie of the Year favorite Troy Tulowitzki, who had four hits, lined back-to-back doubles off Hoffman. Then Holliday tripled off the wall in right to tie it.

After Todd Helton was intentionally walked, Carroll hit a low line drive to right fielder Brian Giles and Holliday took off before third base coach Mike Gallego could send him.

"There wasn't time for Gags to say anything. I didn't have time to think what I was doing. I was just going to go for it," Holliday said. "It's the greatest part of the game."

Giles' throw home bounced in front of catcher Michael Barrett, who couldn't hold on as Holliday swiped the plate, then lay face-down after cutting his chin with his headfirst slide. Umpire Tim McClelland made a delayed safe call, and replays were inconclusive on whether Holliday touched the plate with his left hand or was blocked by Barrett's left foot.

Holliday said he wasn't sure if he touched the plate.

"The ump said I was safe," Holliday said. "I don't remember. But I hit my chin pretty good."

Said Padres manager Bud Black: "It looked to me like he did get it."

Afterward, the champagne being sprayed all over the Rockies clubhouse kept spattering onto his strawberry chin.

"It's a great sting," he said, cringing.

Helton, the subject of trade rumors last winter, is heading to the postseason for the first time in his 11-year career. His 1,578 games in the majors are the third-most by any active player without a playoff appearance.

"Best shower ever. Crazy. Look at this. It's what it's all about right here," said a drenched Helton, who homered in the third.
    His teammates loved watching Helton celebrate.

"He deserves a chance to play in the postseason," Holliday said.
    The Rockies won the longest game at Coors Field this season behind Holliday, the MVP candidate who clinched the NL batting title at .340. His triple also gave him the league RBI crown with 137, one more than Philadelphia's Ryan Howard.

His biggest contribution on this night came on the basepaths.
    "It's been an incredible run from game 1 to game 163," Rockies manager Clint Hurdle said. "This is just a snapshot of what we've been through."

After Scott Hairston's two-run homer put the Padres ahead in the top of the 13th, Colorado came back against Hoffman (4-5), who could do little but walk off the mound with his head down. The closer, who has 524 career saves, blew his seventh chance in 49 tries this year.

On Saturday, Hoffman was one strike from clinching a playoff spot when Tony Gwynn Jr. hit a tying triple for Milwaukee, which went on to win 4-3 in 11 innings.

"I'm having a hard time expressing myself right now," Hoffman said. "I wish I could, but I can't after what happened tonight."
    It was sweet atonement for Holliday, who misplayed Giles' two-out flyball in the eighth inning into a tying RBI double.

"I'm glad we won or that might have haunted me for the rest of my life," Holliday said. "It worked out, and luckily I don't have to think about it."

Ramon Ortiz (1-0) got the win. He was the Rockies' 10th pitcher, taking over after Jorge Julio gave up Hairston's homer.
    After stranding runners at second in the 10th, 11th and 12th off Matt Herges, the Padres broke through against Julio. Giles drew a leadoff walk and Hairston homered into the bleachers in left-center.

The Rockies didn't flinch.

"We were just telling each other it's not over and we've got to battle," Helton said. "Not try to do too much because he's got such a good changeup."

So, the key to the Rockies' rally was hitting Hoffman early in the count.

"Your best bet is to try to get him before he can throw his changeup down in the dirt," Holliday said. Colorado and San Diego were tied at 6 after nine innings in the first play-in game since the New York Mets beat Cincinnati 5-0 for the 1999 NL wild card.

Colorado went ahead 3-0 early only to watch Adrian Gonzalez erase the margin with his first career grand slam in a five-run third inning, which ace Jake Peavy ignited with a single.

The Rockies came back to tie on Helton's 17th homer in the bottom half and Holliday's RBI single in the fifth off Peavy, who looked little like the Cy Young Award candidate he's been this season.

Peavy allowed six runs and 10 hits in 6 1-3 innings. He failed in his bid for his 20th win -- Boston's Josh Beckett was the only pitcher this year to achieve the feat.

Rockies starter Josh Fogg gave up five runs and eight hits in four-plus innings.

The Rockies won a franchise-best 90 games and are owners of the second-best record in the majors since mid-May.

"That's our word for the year, we're just resilient," Helton said. "We just never say die."

Notes: The Rockies thought Garrett Atkins homered in the seventh, but umpire Tim Tschida ruled it hit the yellow railing and bounced back. It was the fourth time this year that Hurdle thought the Rockies had been robbed of a homer. He's become a staunch proponent of instant replay helping decide such disputes.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I woke up this morning and I still can't believe that happened. What a game, what a season, WHAT A TEAM!

I love the Rockies...they complete me.

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information