Page 200 of 575 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 8615

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Take it out on Frustration. Helton needs to be farther back in the lineup on days he plays, and I at some of his late pitching changes.

But I'm an emotional fan so my opinions should be taken with a grain of salt.
    Usually I get frustrated as well with all the late changes but I think with the struggles Tracy has been doing all he can to get outs late in the game with the pen. Flores really only can face lefties and late in the game you just can't take to many chances to leave a pitcher in there.

Bull-pen has been taxed and it will be huge to get some more arms in there.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    ME!

Read that Street is going to be starting in the minors in the coming week!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Rockies miffed at Phillies' use of binoculars

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_15069865

The Phillies' use of binoculars from the visiting bullpen has left them in the Rockies' crosshairs.

Major League baseball reprimanded the Phillies today over the actions of bullpen coach Mick Billmeyer Monday night at Coors Field. Rockies manager Jim Tracy was visibly upset over the incident, calling the Phillies out this morning.

"As far I am concerned, it is out of line," Tracy said. "It's one thing to play a club as hard as you can possibly play it. But, if you are cheating and you get caught, then you better do something do about it. A pair of binoculars staring down the barrel of the hitting area, I don't think any team would take too kindly to that. You can come up with all kinds of reasons, but are we to believe that, or believe that they are trying to gain a competitive advantage? It makes you wonder."

At the Rockies' request, MLB investigated the incident, warning the Phillies. Reached by The Denver Post today, MLB discipline czar Bob Watson referred questions to spokesman Pat Courtney. Calls to Courtney were not immediately returned.

Phillies manager Charlie Manuel denied that the Phillies were stealing signs.

"Absolutely not. Absolutely (bleeping) not," Manuel said.

He explained that Billmeyer was using the binoculars to observe Philadelphia catcher Carlos Ruiz's stance and framing of pitches.

"I understand why they'd be concerned about it, but that's the truth. We're not trying to steal signs. That's it. I didn't know he (used binoculars)," Manuel said. "He watches (Ruiz) to help him where he's setting up. It definitely had nothing to do with signs."

However, Manuel's explanation contradicts the Rockies' eye-witness accounts. Multiple players said that Rockies pitching coach Bob Apodaca noticed the binoculars in the first inning while Colorado was pitching. A player at that point asked the FSN camera crew to zoom in on the Phillies' bullpen in center field, and the shot confirmed the binoculars.

Jim Tracy notified crew chief Jerry Crawford in the second inning, who told the Phillies to address the issue. Soon after, the activity ceased. The Rockies and Phillies have a history of gamesmanship, and the Phillies have long been accused by the Mets of swiping signs.

During the 2007 division series, the Phillies filed a complaint against Rockies' closer Manuel Corpas after TV cameras showed him pouring a liquid on the front of his jersey before entering a game. No discipline was meted out. The mere mention that the rival Mets had issues with the Phillies set Manuel off.

"Keep crying. I'm sure if they could steal signs they would. And if we can, we will too. If we can get them legally," Manuel said. "If you're dumb enough to let us get them it's your fault. It's been going on in the game a long time. If you're dumb enough to let us get them, that's your problem."

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

They discussed Philadelphia stealing signs in the pregame report a little while ago, and said it did NOT make sense that they were watching their catcher because the guy was caught doing it when the Rockies were on the field, and their catcher was in the dugout, and the FSN camera caught the guy pointing the binoculars at the Rockies' catcher in the top of the 2nd inning????

Also, they said this is the 2nd time that the Phillies have been caught stealing signs this year

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

I hate the Phillies sooo much...So much. but honestly, its all part of the game. Sure its frowned upon, but every team does it. Every team isn't stupid enough to make it obvious though.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I hope we plunk someone.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    ME!

Plunk fatboy howard right in the knuckles!

Adopted Bronco:

Default Manuel: Phils not trying to steal signs

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5183621

DENVER -- The Philadelphia Phillies insist they weren't trying to steal signs when bullpen coach Mick Billmeyer was caught on camera peering through binoculars from the bullpen bench at Coors Field earlier this week.

Manager Charlie Manuel told The Associated Press that Billmeyer was simply watching Philadelphia catcher Carlos Ruiz set up defensively Monday night.

"Absolutely not," Manuel said Wednesday, according to CSNPhilly.com. "Absolutely [bleeping] not. In no way were we stealing signs. We don't do that.

"I understand why they'd be concerned about it, but that's the truth. We're not trying to steal signs. That's it. I didn't know [Billmeyer] did that. He watches our catcher to help him where he's setting up. It definitely had nothing to do with signs," Manuel told CSNPhilly.com.

FSN Rocky Mountain, the flagship broadcaster of the Colorado Rockies, showed Billmeyer using the binoculars to peer in on Colorado catcher Miguel Olivo while the Phillies were at bat in the top of the second inning.

Colorado noticed Billmeyer using the binoculars from his perch in center field in the top of the first inning and asked FSN to zoom in on the visitor's bullpen. Armed with evidence, Rockies manager Jim Tracy brought it to the attention of crew chief Jerry Crawford, who spoke with Manuel between the first and second innings.

The Rockies also sent a tape from the game to the commissioner's office and filed a complaint. MLB vice president Bob Watson investigated and had no conclusive findings but issued a warning to the Phillies in a phone call to general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. CSNPhilly.com reported that the umpires have also been instructed to watch the Phillies' bullpen.

"As far as I am concerned, it's out of line," Tracy said Wednesday, according to CSNPhilly.com. "It's one thing to play a club as hard as you can possibly play it. But, if you are cheating and you get caught, then you better do something about it.

"A pair of binoculars staring down the barrel of the hitting area, I don't think any team would take too kindly to that. You can come up with all kinds of reasons, but are we to believe that or believe that they are trying to gain a competitive advantage? It makes you wonder," Tracy told the website.

In 2007, the Mets also complained about the Phillies possibly using a camera to steal signs, but a Watson investigation at the time found no evidence of impropriety.

Manuel had harsh words Wednesday for the Rockies and Mets.

"Keep crying," he said to CSNPhilly.com.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

From above article:

FSN Rocky Mountain, the flagship broadcaster of the Colorado Rockies, showed Billmeyer using the binoculars to peer in on Colorado catcher Miguel Olivo while the Phillies were at bat in the top of the second inning.

And, from above article:

MLB vice president Bob Watson investigated and had no conclusive findings

What EXACTLY do they need then for conclusive findings???????????

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

BOTTOM OF 10TH - LEAD OFF HR BY OLIVO

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

12. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Rockies get walk-off homer to beat Halladay, Phillies at Coors Field

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_15070446

So, Jamie Moyer was asked, what's up with the cold weather that followed the Philadelphia Phillies to Colorado?

"Hey," said Moyer, "it's perfect weather for Roy's homecoming."

That would be Arvada's own Roy Halladay, whose long-awaited Coors Field debut became longer awaited when was his scheduled start was rained out Tuesday night.

Wednesday's weather wasn't much better, with temperatures hovering in the low-40s, but the Phillies and Rockies were able to play the first game of a scheduled doubleheader. Halladay and his counterpart, Rockies starter Aaron Cook were long gone by the time the game ended.

Miguel Olivo homered off Chad Durbin with no outs in the 10th inning to give the Rockies a 4-3 win.

Olivo is falling in love with Coors Field. The game-winning homer was his sixth of the season, with four coming in Denver. He's hitting .419 (18-for-43) at Coors compared to .122 (5-for-41) on the road.

Halladay, who had thrown three complete games in his first seven starts, wasn't particularly sharp, matching his season high with 10 hits allowed in 6 1/3 innings, his shortest outing of the year. The last of those 10 hits was a two-run, game-tying triple by Brad Hawpe that caromed off the right-field wall.

The game marked the fourth time in seven starts in which Cook was handed a lead and lost it. The Rockies were ahead 1-0 before the Phillies tied it in the fourth inning and took the lead with two runs in the fifth.

Cook, who came into the game 1-0, 2.40 at Coors Field and 0-3, 8.84 on the road, got Shane Victorino to open the fifth, but allowed a one-out double to left to Placido Polanco. Chase Utley followed with a single to give the Phillies the lead and eventually scored on Raul Ibaņez's sacrifice fly.

Halladay usually is money in the bank with a two-run lead in the seventh, but not on this day. Carlos Gonzalez opened the Rockies' seventh with his third hit of the day and scored ahead of Eric Young, Jr. on Hawpe's booming triple to right.

Halladay didn't exactly get a lot of help from his friends as Ryan Howard fielded Young's ground ball and threw the ball in the dirt while trying to force Gonzalez at second, setting the stage for Hawpe's game-tying drive.

Rockies manager Jim Tracy was ejected, his first of the season, by first base umpire Cory Blaser after a close play at first base on Eric Young Jr.'s bouncer into the hole at shortstop. The game went into extra innings.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    ME!

Olivo was a beast today!

15. The Following User High Fived BMF Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Tonight's game has just been postponed, but for anyone who gets FSN, they will rerun this afternoon's game starting now.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Welcome back, Francis: Rox to see lefty's return Sunday

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingne...ssimplepiehome

Eric Young Jr. walked by with crutches. Franklin Morales had ice on his shoulder. Jeff Francis isn't taking any chances.

"I am going to be wearing a Trojan army suit around town the next few days," said Francis, who is scheduled to start Sunday. "I don't want anything to happen."

Francis's paranoia can be forgiven. The Rockies have been struck by a battery of injuries, including Francis's sore left arm pit just four days before he was supposed to make his season debut April 6 in Milwaukee.

"It's not going to feel real until I actually step onto the mound," Francis said. "And once that happens, I expect to pitch well, go deep into the game and help the team win."

Francis will be making his first start since Sept. 12, 2008. He missed all of last season after having shoulder surgery. The Rockies are still discussing how to create a roster spot for left-hander. There are two possibilities under consideration: keep Esmil Rogers in the bullpen and send starter Greg Smith to Triple-A. Or send Rogers back to the Sky Sox rotation and shift Smith to the bullpen.

"We haven't decided yet what will work best," manager Jim Tracy said Friday night.

More pitching updates

Jorge De La Rosa and Franklin Morales were scheduled to play catch Friday before the weather scrapped the sessions.

De La Rosa said that the pain in his left middle finger first surfaced April 20 and persisted for two weeks. Best-case scenario for his return is sometime in mid-to-late June.

Morales said his left rotator cuff felt like someone was lightly punching it when he pitched. It has been bothering him off and on since his two-inning stint against Arizona on April 28.

"That's no excuse, though. It's already getting better," he said.

Bad break for Junior

Young Jr. is a human blur. But he was moving slowly Friday, his right foot in a boot to take weight off the hairline fracture in his shin. Young injured the leg rounding the bases Wednesday, but he believes the break was caused from sliding repeatedly onto that leg.

"I don't know when I will be back. The X-Ray and the MRI both showed the break. And since my game is built on speed, I can't play on it," Young said. "But I do expect to be back here helping this team win as soon as I can."

The Rockies will play with only 24 available players in the first game of the 12:10 p.m., 6:10 p.m. split doubleheader on Saturday. They decided against promoting infielder Jonathan Herrera because he's out of options. They would have had to expose him to waivers when he was sent back to the minors to make room for Game 2 starter Jason Hammel.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Finally got a game played - Rockies win - 6 - 2 against Nationals - another win for Ubaldo His record 7 - 1, lowest era in Natl League = 1.12

2nd game scheduled for tonight at 6:10 MST - will be on FSN

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information