Page 18 of 575 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 118 518 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Colorado Rockies thread--Now with extra awesome!!

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    That doesnt say anything abot 4 teams with the same record.
    If the ROx, Mets, and Philly win and SD loses..4 teams will all have the same record.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    If the ROx, Mets, and Philly win and SD loses..4 teams will all have the same record.
    I realize that but how do they determine who advances to the playoffs. Youd have to settle the NL East and also the wild card. If, say, Phila loses a playoff for the NL East, do they then get a crack at the WC?

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    I realize that but how do they determine who advances to the playoffs. Youd have to settle the NL East and also the wild card. If, say, Phila loses a playoff for the NL East, do they then get a crack at the WC?
    That is where it will get sketchy I think. Well for some of us but not the number hacks.

I don't understand that scenario because your right,...the NL east will have to have a playoff to decide that devision and then would SD and the Rox play for the WC??

Who knows. All that needs to happen is the Rox win and everyone else lose. Best case scenario....

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    That is where it will get sketchy I think. Well for some of us but not the number hacks.

I don't understand that scenario because your right,...the NL east will have to have a playoff to decide that devision and then would SD and the Rox play for the WC??

Who knows. All that needs to happen is the Rox win and everyone else lose. Best case scenario....
    I guess one way to answer the question would be to determine if the playoffs count as the regular season. If so, youd have two teams with one more win than the other two and obviously a slightly better winning percentage. If its not part of the regular season all bets are off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

OK, I just saw it. If there are 4 teams with the same record, its as follows:

Mon- Phillies vs Mets to deterine the NL EAST
    Tue- Loser of the Monday game vs San Diego
    Wed- Winner of Tues game vs Colorado

I dont remember who has homefield exactly but Im assuming SD has HF on Tuesday and Col has it on Wed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Here's a more detailed explanation of how it would work out in the instance of a 4-way tie.

If the Rockies choose to play 2 home games:

Monday:
    Mets at Phillies
    Padres at Rockies

Tuesday:
    Mets/Phillies loser at Rockies

(the reason the Rockies would play the loser of the Mets/Phillies is because the winner of that game will clinch the NL East)

If the Rockies Choose to play 1 road game:

Monday:
    Mets at Phillies

Tuesday:
    Phillies at Padres (if Mets win)
    Padres at Mets (if Phillies win)

Wednesday:
    Rockies at Mets/Phillies/Padres (depending on who advances)

hope that clears things up!

Troy needs to be Rookie of the Year. Some guys on SC last night said that the Slam probably put him above Braun.

I am so nervous for today. Go Rockies!!!!!

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

If ever a Rook has made a huge impact not just on his team, but making people pay attention to the 'poor relatives', it would have to be Tulo.

The boy is on minimum MLB wage, and plays like he's got Jeter bank account!
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    If ever a Rook has made a huge impact not just on his team, but making people pay attention to the 'poor relatives', it would have to be Tulo.

The boy is on minimum MLB wage, and plays like he's got Jeter bank account!
    Psh. I wish I made his minimum wage!!! 2 million signing bonus too, he deserves every damn penny.

Go Rockies!!!
    "Get your ass down to first base and shut up!" -- Troy Tulowitzki

"The other sports are just sports, baseball is love." -- Bryant Gumbel

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    Psh. I wish I made his minimum wage!!! 2 million signing bonus too, he deserves every damn penny.
    Hell yes he does!
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    Troy needs to be Rookie of the Year. Some guys on SC last night said that the Slam probably put him above Braun.

I am so nervous for today. Go Rockies!!!!!
    Id be surprised if Tulowitzki won the ROY. There are a lot of crusty old guys on the east coast or east of the Mississippi who vote on stuff like this. Theyll complain about staying up late, etc and then theyll look at stats and think theyve adequately researched it to form an opinion and if its relatively close, theyll pick the player theyve watched most which, in this case, is most likely Braun.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

If there's a four-way tie among the Mets, Phillies, Rockies and Pads:

• The Mets and Phillies would play in Philly on Monday to crown the East champ.

• The loser would then enter a three-game mini-tournament for which the Rockies, based on head-to-head records during the regular season, would have the option of trying to win at home and then on the road or just once on the road to advance.

• If the Rockies choose to stay home, their opponent would be determined by the wishes of the team with the second-best combined head-to-head record; it'd be the Phillies if they're involved, but the Padres if the Mets drop into the three-way. That team could choose to play at the Rockies on Tuesday, but it's more likely that it would opt for a single game and travel to play the winner of Tuesday's game on Wednesday.

• If the Rockies opt for the one road game, Tuesday's game would feature New York at San Diego, or San Diego at Philly, with the winner hosting Colorado on Wednesday.

If there's a three-way tie among the Padres, Mets and Phillies: This scenario is possible only if the Padres and Rockies both lose Sunday and the Phillies and Mets both win.

• The Mets and Phillies would play in Philly on Monday to crown the East champ.

• Monday's losing team would play Tuesday to decide the Wild Card. The Padres would either host the Phils, or travel to New York.

There also remains the possibility that there will be a pair of two-way ties needing to be broken, and they will be created only if the Rockies win Sunday and the Padres lose, while the Mets and Phillies both lose to end their Wild Card bids.

If the Mets and Phillies end up tied in the NL East: You already know this one; they'll play one game in Philly on Monday to crown the champ. And if you're wondering why the Phillies don't just get the division title based on their season-series victory over the Mets, it's because head-to-head tie-breakers are used only when both teams already have a playoff spot secured, and they simply determine seeding. Any regular-season tie that would send the loser home for the year has to be broken on the field.

If the Padres and Rockies finish in a tie for the Wild Card: A one-game playoff will be played Monday at Colorado.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Man I am getting a workout going inbetween rooms, Broncos on big TV, Rockies on in the other room!
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Nate Jackson

um, this Rockies game is true torture - the Brewers are helping us out all we have to do is score!!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!

~~The Brandons!!!~~

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Triple Hawpe!!!!!!!!!!

Aahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information