Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Formula One Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by y2cragie View Post
    I don't know if they would, I just think it would be cool to see it again.

Testing for the 2008 season began today, guess who was fastest. Yes sir, on M. Schumacher. A year away from racing, first real time in the car (4 slow laps at fiorano for the fiat guys) and he bangs in the fastest lap. I think Felipe needs to top that tomorrow or else he really could be in jeapordy.
    He's an annoyingly smug, arrogant, cheating bar-steward, but the SOB knows how to drive
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

lol.
    Day two he was top again, almost half a second faster than Massa.
    A comment I found interesting. He was asked if the offers were going to be coming in, he said probably not and even if they were, there are no seats free right now.
    Could he seriously be thinking of a return in his own words and not speculation? I sure hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post
    He's an annoyingly smug, arrogant, cheating bar-steward, but the SOB knows how to drive
    That sounds like Alonso to me, all you have to do is add "whiny little biotch".

Am I the only one who heard Alonso wanted to join Red Bull?

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    That sounds like Alonso to me, all you have to do is add "whiny little biotch".

Am I the only one who heard Alonso wanted to join Red Bull?
    I agree Alonso should sometimes shut his big trap, but Lewis is not the angel many thought he was
    And honestly... it was harder to lose the championship than to win it in his situation... He really lost his temper during the last 2 races...

I'm dying to see what all the drivers will do without TC... I think there will have some surprises...

Seems like Alonso will join back Renault... It's just a question of time before annoncement... and IMO, it's also because of the new spy affair...

And if he comes back who will be the #2 driver for Renault ? Kovalainen or Picquet Jr? My prediction was Alonso-Picquet... But Heikki showed good things during the Barcelona test. May be Heikki with McLaren (though I don't think so... he is a Briatore's driver and Ron Denis HATES Flavio and won't pick another of his drivers soon IMO).

Can't wait for the next GP... Hopefully, there is football !!!!
    Froggy's back !

Hi frenchie, there was some news today.
    Firstly there will be an announcement on Alonso this week, Flavio says there is a 60% chance of him joining Renault, right now.
    Secondly He said, Renault would have differant drivers next year, which suggests Heikki is gone.
    Finally Renault said they would quit the sport if they are found guilty in their spying hearing. Thus next year we could in theory have, no red bull as they run renault engines, No Renault and No Mclaren (if the FIA find any ferrari ideas in their cars)
    2002 all over again anyone? Even I as a Ferrari fan would hate to see that happen again.

Hi frenchie, there was some news today.
    Firstly there will be an announcement on Alonso this week, Flavio says there is a 60% chance of him joining Renault, right now.
    Secondly He said, Renault would have differant drivers next year, which suggests Heikki is gone.
    Finally Renault said they would quit the sport if they are found guilty in their spying hearing. Thus next year we could in theory have, no red bull as they run renault engines, No Renault and No Mclaren (if the FIA find any ferrari ideas in their cars)
    2002 all over again anyone? Even I as a Ferrari fan would hate to see that happen again.
    Hi Y2

I've said since a long time that Alonso would be back with Renault... Only 2 things stopped or slowed the process :
    1/ the duration of the contract. Renault wanted at least 2 years, Alonso only 1.
    2/ the spy affair.

I've bet with some friends several weeks ago that the team will be Alonso-Picquet... I hope I'm right

About the championship... IMO, if Renault, McLaren are out, I don't see any interest about F1 thus far... I think Ferrari likes challenges and wouldn't like this faked championship...
    What I've heard about the new spy affair is that Renault have warned the FIA as soon as they found the McLaren files on their computers.. .Now, that's what they say... I'm waiting for the truth...
    Froggy's back !

To be fair I am more inclined to believe Renault when they say they made sure the FIA and Mclaren were told right away. In Mclarens case, they say they told the FIA right away, then later the truth comes out that Alonso threatend to tell the FIA first as blackmail. More Ron dennis bullpoop.

To be fair I am more inclined to believe Renault when they say they made sure the FIA and Mclaren were told right away. In Mclarens case, they say they told the FIA right away, then later the truth comes out that Alonso threatend to tell the FIA first as blackmail. More Ron dennis bullpoop.
    I hope so... I'm not a big Ron Dennis fan (remember the Prost-Senna era )

Plus, the fact Renault said they'll be out of F1 if they are found guilty showed that they seem cleaner than McLaren was IMO...
    Time will tell though...

Froggy's back !

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfan View Post
    I hope so... I'm not a big Ron Dennis fan (remember the Prost-Senna era )

Plus, the fact Renault said they'll be out of F1 if they are found guilty showed that they seem cleaner than McLaren was IMO...
    Time will tell though...

Well, they've been found guilty, but not been punished as no McLaren intellectual property had made its way onto the design.

So it's OK to know what & how the oppositition are trying to do, but not to copy them?

BBC ~ Renault escape spy row punishment
    Last edited by Den21vsBal19; 12-06-2007 at 03:39 PM.
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

two things, exactly what happend to Mclaren, it was only after the emails from the drivers that they were recalled to the FIA and punished. I'll bet my life savings on that veing the same situation, if more info comes to light, they'll be dragged back and punished.
    secondly. There was never going to be a punishment with renault threatening to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Den21vsBal19 View Post
    Well, they've been found guilty, but not been punished as no McLaren intellectual property had made its way onto the design.

So it's OK to know what & how the oppositition are trying to do, but not to copy them?

BBC ~ Renault escape spy row punishment
    The fact is they are guilty to have found an employee who broke the rules.
    Then they warned FIA they had some McLaren files! (about the McLaren affair, it was Ferrari that warned the FIA).
    I don't think it's as bad as what McLaren did.
    Just my opinion though... (and no national chauvinism here)... We'll never know all the story.

BTW, spying is an art in F1... All the teams do it...
    Moreover, can you brainwash an engineer from another team when you hire him? Do you think Ross Brawn will forget all what he knows about Ferrari now that he's with Honda?

Last, I agree with Y2... If FIA really find a proof that Renault used this informations (like the drivers email), I'll bet they will be punished.
    And FIA didn't take the risk to see a top team leaving... May be MCLaren should has done the same...

And may be they wanted to save a seat for Alonso...

Froggy's back !

Fernando Alonso will race for Renault next season alongside Nelson Piquet Jr, it was confirmed on Monday. The move marks Alonso’s return to the team with whom he won two world titles and follows a troubled 2007 season with McLaren.

Piquet’s promotion from test driver to race seat means Renault will field an all-new line-up for next season - and leaves current stars Giancarlo Fisichella and Heikki Kovalainen without confirmed drives for 2008.

“I am delighted to be returning to Renault,” said Alonso. “This is the team where I grew up as a driver in Formula One. Now it is time for us to begin a new chapter together. I am very excited about working with this great team once more, and confident that together we can move back to the front of the field. Renault had a difficult year in 2007, but I know that the team has real strength in depth. I am confident they can produce a fast and competitive car and be back at the top in 2008.”

“Fernando and Nelsinho will form one of the most exciting driver line-up of 2008,” commented Renault team principal Flavio Briatore. “We are delighted to be welcoming Fernando back home to the team where he enjoyed his greatest success. His abilities as a driver and a team leader are well known, and we look forward to forging another strong partnership. What’s more, he knows the team well and how we operate; he will feel comfortable straight away in this environment.

Alonso, 26, previously drove for Renault between 2003 and 2006, during which time he scored 15 Grand Prix victories and won two drivers’ championships, in 2005 and 2006.

Meanwhile, 22-year-old Brazilian Piquet spent 2007 as Renault’s test and reserve driver, after finishing runner-up in the 2006 GP2 series championship. The Brazilian will now make his Formula One debut at the 2008 Australian Grand Prix.

“First of all, I want to thank Flavio and Renault for putting their confidence in me for 2008,” said Piquet. “It is a fantastic opportunity to make my Formula One debut with one of the top teams on the grid, and alongside one of the very best drivers in the sport. This drive is something I have been working towards since the end of 2006, and I am proud that my performances as test driver have earned me this position. I am looking forward to teaming up with Fernando, and learning from him. As a rookie, there is no better way to start your career than to have a double world champion as your reference point.”

Briatore added: “Nelsinho is one of the most promising young talents in motorsport. After his success in GP2, he has spent a year learning the ropes as our test driver and getting to know the team; he is now ready to step up to the next level.”

Alonso and Piquet will be supported by Frenchman Romain Grosjean, reigning 2007 F3 Euroseries Champion and a product of Renault’s driver development scheme, in the role of test driver.
    http://www.formula1.com/news/headlin...7/12/7167.html

I've won my bet...

Almost 2 months ago I've said that 2008 Renault team would be Alonso-Piquet.
    I'm a bit sad for Heikki and I hope he will find a seat (may be McLaren?)... If not, he still could compete in WRC... He tested Loeb's Citroen C4 and was good... BTW, Loeb (4th time WRC champion), tested the Renault F1 and was really good too...

Wookie... Thanks for the post (so I don't have to do it by myself )
    Froggy's back !

Race of champs was a great watch. Too bad Michael didn't win the final, I thought it a bit unfair they went back to the first race cars when it should have been the fiats, as those would have made it equal. Ekstrom clearly the faster driver in the big car, Michael the open wheel, it should have come down to the equal standing.
    Oh well.

P.S. dont take this seriously. All in the fun of a great event.

I saw a Renault with all these Renault F1 team logo's on the car, it was outside my house.

Maybe Alonso has come to ask for advice on how to win back a World Championship?

Not that I'm going to give it to him.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information