Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 2

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default Mass Effect 2

Freakin' awesome game.

It's stunning. Gorgeous. A visual masterpiece. A lot better looking than the first one which was a landmark. Easily.

It fixed the very few complaints I had about the original.

This one is bigger and adds a lot of new features while still retaining from the original.

Also, you don't need your original Save to continue. I guess it gets most of that info from your Achievements. I was able to import my Commander Shepard without the Save.

Incredible game. Stuinning graphics. Amazingly deep. Tons of replayability. Bioware is the top premier RPG developer of the 2000s IMO. Easily top contender for RPG of the year alongside Final Fantasy.

10/10
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Doom!

I'm playing Mass Effect over again, because I wasn't sure if I'd be able to afford to go get Mass Effect 2, and I'd have liked to.

I have a different profile than I did (it wouldn't let me on live with the one I used to have, so I had to make a new one)... so I wouldn't have been able to import...

Although I'm using a different class this time, so I'm not sure I'll want to any way.
    To all the armed forces... present, past, and future.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click the sig to read JetRazor's and my story! PM me with any questions!
    I love my wife!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I thought I wouldn't be able to import my Commander Shepard because I always delete Saves from the HDD. Glad I still could.

*kicks Shazam for not bumping his Mass Effect 2 thread I started in May*

That said.

:gem: :gem: :orgasm:

This game is friggin sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

This game actually did look cool. Now, if i only had time to actually play games.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Just picked this up but have had no time to play. Good to know you can upload your old Shepard, the chick I made was a badass!

Hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow night.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Shake I tell you I was shocked you could import ME's Shepard without the original Save. Great stuff there.

You better make sure you have at least a couple of hours free when you start playing. I promise you, you're not gonna wanna stop once you start it up!

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

I could never get into the first Mass Effect. Dunno why because space stuff like that really appeal to me. I think it was largely due to the extremely tedious driving sections and I found the combat pretty 'meh'. Maybe I can get into this one even though I pretty much skipped the first.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    I could never get into the first Mass Effect. Dunno why because space stuff like that really appeal to me. I think it was largely due to the extremely tedious driving sections and I found the combat pretty 'meh'. Maybe I can get into this one even though I pretty much skipped the first.
    NUB, the combat in ME2 is way WAY better than the original. It plays much more like a shooter.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

NUB, the combat in ME2 is way WAY better than the original. It plays much more like a shooter.
    There's still a ton of navigating to do. It is an RPG at heart.

As far as the combat, the biggest upgrades I see is enemy AI is waaaay better this time, the combat is more user-friendly and the graphics are improved tremendously.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    The first time I played Mass Effect I was turned off by how slow it was. When I tried to use the sniper rifle it was hard to control and I just got pissed. I think I was used to FPS too much at the time and the tedium of having to level up the sniper rifle to hold it steady got to me.

Then I got back into it a few months down the road and I loved it. I think you have to be in the right "mood" to play it.

14. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Finally got a chance to sit down and play this, its pretty good. The first thing to jump out at me is how cool it is that your choices from the first game come into play right away (with story and bonuses) and the armor customization is cool. Also, the biotic powers are legit fighting options instead of just buffs like they were in the first game. I can actually see using them throughout the game.

And this game is gorgeous. I thought they maxed out the graphics on the first one, but this looks twice as good. I miss the old unlimited ammo/overheat on the weapons as opposed to the ammo running out, but the action is top notch.

16. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I miss the old unlimited ammo/overheat on the weapons as opposed to the ammo running out, but the action is top notch.
    I noticed that too, but there is plenty of ammo laying around. I haven't ran out of ammo yet, and I'm about 10 hours in.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I noticed that too, but there is plenty of ammo laying around. I haven't ran out of ammo yet, and I'm about 10 hours in.
    Good, I was worried about that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Good, I was worried about that.
    Today I ran out of ammo for my Heavy Weapon for the first time. I found more later on but wish I had it.

Always have other weapons to turn to though, so it's not too bad. Even the pistol if things go really dry.

No grenades in this one I don't think.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information