Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Please provide feedback on new banner

Default Please provide feedback on new banner

=============================================

Edit: This thread is old and the banners shown in it didn't meet with much positive feedback, but I think the subject needs to be brought back up. See my post at the end of this thread (as of when I write this) about us moving forward with this project.

=============================================

Here are two new banner design concepts. One is up on the message board already, but I am including both here. The concept would be to choose one look/design, and then have themes, such as:

Banner 1 would have current offensive players
    Banner 2 would have current defensive players
    Banner 3 would have past Broncos
    Banner 4 would be a tribute to SB winning teams
    Banner 5 would be offensive linemen

Etc. I am thinking 5 banners, and banners 3-5 need to be discussed, but I through those groups out as examples.

The banners would then rotate.

Here are the two banner concepts. Please give feedback on which of the two concepts you like, or what changes you would like to see to the concepts before creating all the banners.

Plus, I have pictures of most currently players, but would need pictures of the past Broncos.

Variations without the orange border around the players

Last edited by Tned; 05-14-2008 at 07:54 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

I will start off the comments, by saying that I think the Broncosforums.com should be Changed to:

BroncosForums
    or
    Broncos Forums

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I lke the one we got. I think the lounge should have a banner with all the BF ladies in it.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I lke the one we got. I think the lounge should have a banner with all the BF ladies in it.
    When you say the one we've got, do you mean this one:

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    When you say the one we've got, do you mean this one:

Yes, I guess Elam needs to come out, maybe put Champ Sharpe or even Shanny in there. But besides that I like this one.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I like the top one of the 2...I like the words being low and Cutty having space between he and the group of players...but Young needs to go. I know most don't like Henry, but Nalen could be an option...or Graham as a display of Cutty's targets.

Nice work...thanx for asking about our input.

9. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

I like the top one. But agree with SAS....no Selvin Young. Add the Hoss #20.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I like the top one of the 2...I like the words being low and Cutty having space between he and the group of players...but Young needs to go. I know most don't like Henry, but Nalen could be an option...or Graham as a display of Cutty's targets.

Nice work...thanx for asking about our input.
    On this one, I am mostly looking for feedback on the concept. Since many, many people have asked for a new banner and we haven't had progress, I have outsourced the banner/header creation (can't do didly with graphics).

So, what we need to do, is decide what we do or don't like about this design, and then I will have changes made to the base design as needed, then we can choose which players go on each banner.

For instance, do you guys like the broncoheads in the background, the orange border and around the image and players?

Is five players to many, or do we want it more airy? We will have five banners with different players, so we could have 2 offensive banners, 1 defensive and two past players banners for instance.

Right now, the biggie is the design concept.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Then yes...I love the orange and blue colors

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Of the two here I like the top one better. The orange lines going in front of the players is a distraction for me. I also like broncosforums.com rather than the other proposed changes. The players can be any current players.

Will there be more than one of the D and O players or just the two? If I understand correctly you are suggesting there be only five banners total that will rotate, is this correct?
    Merry.

I like the idea. Looks good so far...though I would have our young guns more at the forefront. Marshall, Cutler and Sheff. I know that's design, but those guys do great by us.

I like the idea of players rather than fans, the ones on BC get on my last nerve. Just don't go cheesy T and all will be good!

Top one is better, IMO. The lines in front on the second one make it look a bit novice The cuts and all that design stuff just look cleaner on the top one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I will start off the comments, by saying that I think the Broncosforums.com should be Changed to:

BroncosForums
    or
    Broncos Forums

What's wrong with what it is now?

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    What's wrong with what it is now?
    You mean the Broncosforums.com? Nothing really, I just thought that BroncosForums or Broncos Forums might look cleaner. However, I have the artistic talent of a slug, so my opinion doesn't account for much

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I like the idea. Looks good so far...though I would have our young guns more at the forefront. Marshall, Cutler and Sheff. I know that's design, but those guys do great by us.
    Agreed. I just sent a sampling of pictures to the designer to without really specifying who should go where. I definately think Marshall and Scheffler should be prominent. I opted for Young over Henry because people seem to have a love/hate with him.

However, what I figured is before we finalized, we could take a vote or try and come up with a list like:

Banner 1 - Cutler, Marshall, Scheffler, Stokely and Graham (passing game)
    Banner 2 - Nalen, Hamilton, Harris??, Henry and Young (Graham could go here, as he is really another linemen)
    Banner 3 - Dumervil, Moss, Crowder, Thomas (if not in jail)
    Banner 4 - DJ, Champ, Bly, Lynch (Banner's three and four could be combined with like two linemen and DJ and Bailey, for instance)
    Banner 5 - Elway, Sharpe, Elam, Smith, McCaffrey, Wilson
    Banner 6 - (an extra one, or only the fifth if we only have one defensive banner) Floyd Little, Mecklinberg and other 'classic' Broncos.

Those might not be exact, but based on the other header threads we have had, this what I think people wanted. A single design, but then with multiple verisons of it with different groups of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    Will there be more than one of the D and O players or just the two? If I understand correctly you are suggesting there be only five banners total that will rotate, is this correct?
    I am not locked into any of that. I gave a proposed list above, which would be more like 6 banners. Two for offensive, two for defensive and two for past players (one honoring the SB winners) and another showing other classic Broncos, or just both of them showing a mish-mash of classics.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I like it. Especially the banner honoring the super bowl players. Now you must go with the six.
    Merry.

I LIKE THE new banner; guess we all didnt go for the tickler then. Thats cool.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information