Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: I Love The Banned/Suspended Members Thread

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    i dont think there should be such a thing as a perma-ban.
    it just goes against the whole idea behind the site.
    i'm not saying anything should go and free speech rah rah rah.
    but i think a 1 year max should be used to give people a chance to realize they may have been in the wrong etc...
    if they come back with the same attitude or issues then ...WHAMMY ! another year. and most would likely not come back after a year unless they had changed their wicked ways anyway.
    but the perma thing sends a bad message that the site is "exclusive" to those who behave.....and we all know we tend to "misbehave" from time to time.
    just my dos pesos

Well speaking as only one of the mods, let me say we do not take perma bans lightly. Unless it is a spammer, or an outright threat (there have been few of those) the normal process is us taking a vote on any suspension, which is normal done after so many actions of getting one of those concerning your posts PM that we send out.

The normal progression starts with a min 3 day but usually a 7 day cooling down vacation. with a warning telling them to cease this conduct.

If they come back and continue being a PITA, rude, personal attack or insulting others (have been the biggies so far). They usually get another series of PM's from one of the mods.

If it continues they get 14 days to think about it. Rinse and repeat the warnings.

If it happens again they get 30 days. With a repeat of firmer warnings about Telling them next time it is forever.

We do not take these actions lightly and for every suspension it usually take a minimum of 6 mods to issue vacations after a long debate in some cases.

As you can see unlike some other forums there is very little one person bans or vacations it is a lot of work that we put into making the decision. With in some cases 50+ posts in a MOD thread before we make these decisions.

I hope this helps You to understand that before someone gets the perma ban they have been warned for the most part dozens of time and have been given, 7 14 21 30 days most of the time before they get the life time award. In most cases we have communicated with them via PM or email as many as two hundred times. I have seen as many as 10-15 back and forth pms on one of the concerning your post PM's. Almost always giving them the option to appeal it to another mods or Admin.

All of these bans at 7, 14, 21, 30 days and Permanent bans are subject to appeals to Admin Tned. If the member feels like we took inapporiate action.
    Last edited by Lonestar; 02-23-2010 at 02:56 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

i can dig it ( wow....that was a flash back ) it just seems so.....permanent.
    but i do understand that if someone is unwilling to maintain a level of decency and continues to turn things into personal attacks ,something has to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    i can dig it ( wow....that was a flash back ) it just seems so.....permanent.
    but i do understand that if someone is unwilling to maintain a level of decency and continues to turn things into personal attacks ,something has to be done.

Like I said rarely does it happen after less than 3 other suspension and many appeals or PM's.

Those that are gone have had plenty of warning and chose NOT to be good members.

In some cases we have lost really great and knowledgeable posters and we did not take the decisions lightly NOR did Tned IF they appealed.

Let me add that Tned rarely speaks out about these bans or adds to our discussions about bans and such.

He has occasionally added information that he gets from other members (never naming names) via PMs and in some cases helps us with looking at MHS, that only he can see. But for the most part he allows us to handle the bad guys/girls.

I am thankful that he is pretty much hands off and has allowed us all to have what I consider the premier Broncos forums out there. We have some great knowledge posters and have over time added members that have not liked other forums for one reason or another.

I think we have the best and brightest posting here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

If a person has been perm banned, how would it be handled if they sent an email and thoroughly apologized, put all of the blame on themselves for the perm ban, and requested they be given another chance?

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

KCL

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    If a person has been perm banned, how would it be handled if they sent an email and thoroughly apologized, put all of the blame on themselves for the perm ban, and requested they be given another chance?

Is this a rhetorical question? or just a question to those higher than you? (is anyone beside T higher than you?)
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Is this a rhetorical question? or just a question to those higher than you? (is anyone beside T higher than you?)
    As I am no longer a mod, and have not been for quite a while, it is a question either for the mods or Tned.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

They always have the option of contacting Admin, to the best of my knowledge only one has asked to be reinstated. Tned asked the mod group what they thought.

We discussed it at length by the mods as we were the ones that would have to deal with him. But it was denied overwhelmingly.

Like I said we do not take this lightly. There have been some rip roaring debates about banning folks, from the 7 day type all the way up the line to perm ban.

But in most cases it is by overwhelming majorities, when we decide.

When I said decisions are made by at least 6 votes to ban before it happens. Because there are 11 mods that are for the most part active. But sometimes 2 or 3 are out of town on Vacation or like Davi on assignment or in way different time zones like Den12, so the may not be in the debate it may only be 6 of us but then we all have to agree. Sometimes it takes days to get the 6 votes necessary to ban someone.
    Last edited by Lonestar; 02-23-2010 at 03:58 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

As I am no longer a mod, and have not been for quite a while, it is a question either for the mods or Tned.

Oh, dang. I didnt know that. Your seniority still holds with me Run DNC. But it is a good question, now knowing that it is not a rhetorical.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

12. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    They always have the option of contacting Admin, to the best of my knowledge only one has asked to be reinstated. Tned asked the mod group what they thought.

We discussed it at length but it was denied overwhelming.

Hahaha, Thats awesome.

Access....

DENIED!!!!!!!!

sounds like nature boy if you ask me. Thats his style.... Maybe though the good ones should write in.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Those members have been given numerous chances to improve behavior or completely cease and desist negative behavior. We've heard all the promises in the world, apologizes in the world, etc....I haven't seen a case yet where all of that changes the fact that they continually CHOSE to continue even after numerous warnings. I haven't seen a case yet where another chance was requested and warranted.

15. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

That's hilarious... I hope it was Mo.

17. The Following User High Fived West For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

When I said decisions are made by at least 6 votes to ban before it happens. Because there are 11 mods that are for the most part active. But sometimes 2 or 3 are out of town on Vacation or like Davi on assignment or in way different time zones like Den12, so the may not be in the debate it may only be 6 of us but then we all have to agree. Sometimes it takes days to get the 6 votes necessary to ban someone.
    It is a clumsy awkward system that makes it difficult to issue a ban. I think thats how it ought to be, and it prevents any one Mod from banning somebody just cuz they don't like the cut of their jib. It takes a lot of work and effort to get yourself banned, much less permabanned. I don't regret any we have issued though, because by the time they were actually issued they were probably way overdue.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

i once recieved a 7 day ban from an "un-named" site for creating a dup thread....i had no idea it was a dup and the again "un-named " mod got all nasty with me for just remarking that i thought it was unfair.and then made it a 30 day ban...seriously i didnt say anything personal,this dude was just power trippin' .
    i am now thankful that he did as that is when i found this place and have never looked back.
    i have enjoyed this site more than i ever did the "other"

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Those members have been given numerous chances to improve behavior or completely cease and desist negative behavior. We've heard all the promises in the world, apologizes in the world, etc....I haven't seen a case yet where all of that changes the fact that they continually CHOSE to continue even after numerous warnings. I haven't seen a case yet where another chance was requested and warranted.
    I understand that from being a mod myself. I was just thinking a what if - i.e. - 6 months after being banned, a particular person starts thinking about how they were wrong, and would like to come back, and basically start over.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

I understand that from being a mod myself. I was just thinking a what if - i.e. - 6 months after being banned, a particular person starts thinking about how they were wrong, and would like to come back, and basically start over.
    yeah that was my original question,but i guess if so many people tried to get them to change their ways prior.... i dont know i see both sides having a point.
    people do change ,but some just wanna start sh..

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information