Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rumor from the Senior Bowl

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    The only thing I know about John picking his coach was he did not want to go to BAL because of the coach at the time.

And then I know him and Reeves did not get along, so mike was put into place as a buffer between him and dan IIRC dan wanted to do that it was not Johns demands.

But Other than those two issues to my knowledge he has not picked his coaches while under contract.

If that is not what you are talking about please let us all know.
    This is what I remember. Or close to it. A quick search articulated it better for me.

He believed Shanahan was undermining him to Elway, scripting plays with the quarterback behind his back. He thought Shanahan was telling Elway the critical things Bronco coaches were saying about him.

Reeves responded by firing Shanahan. Elway responded to Shanahan's firing by complaining to team management about Reeves. In 1992, Reeves was fired.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...2&slug=2941943
    Do you honestly think that Lovie is going to allow jay to tell him what offense and OC he wants, and if he does not like it is jay going to pout till he gets who he wants.

Lovie does not strike me as that kind of coach.

Kinda like why bother with coaches as I'm going to do what I want anyway.
    The bears have more invested with Cutler than they do Lovie. And to save face they will try to give Cutler every way possible to succeed.

Lovie has one more year to make it work IMO. I really dont think he has much say in it. Not as much as a coach that has firm footing so to say.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    This is what I remember. Or close to it. A quick search articulated it better for me.

The bears have more invested with Cutler than they do Lovie. And to save face they will try to give Cutler every way possible to succeed.

Lovie has one more year to make it work IMO. I really dont think he has much say in it. Not as much as a coach that has firm footing so to say.
    Quote:
    He believed Shanahan was undermining him to Elway, scripting plays with the quarterback behind his back. He thought Shanahan was telling Elway the critical things Bronco coaches were saying about him.

Reeves responded by firing Shanahan. Elway responded to Shanahan's firing by complaining to team management about Reeves. In 1992, Reeves was fired.
    http://community.seattletimes.nwsour...2&slug=2941943

SO Pat fired dan two years later because Dan Fired mike for back stabbing him and John gets all the credit for it.

then promoted a doofus into the spot pacify him.

makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by broncobryce View Post
    You win league MVP and carry the team on your back for years, you should have a say in coaching. You win nothing and are in the 4th year of your career, you do not deserve a say in coaching.
    I like and appreciate what Elway did for the broncos as much as anyone else.......but he did absolutely nothing in the nfl and he thought he had a say.....for what TEAM he played for.....let alone what coach.........
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

4. The Following User High Fived broncophan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

SO Pat fired dan two years later because Dan Fired mike for back stabbing him and John gets all the credit for it.

then promoted a doofus into the spot pacify him.

makes sense to me.
    Glad you agree.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by broncophan View Post
    I like and appreciate what Elway did for the broncos as much as anyone else.......but he did absolutely nothing in the nfl and he thought he had a say.....for what TEAM he played for.....let alone what coach.........
    This was for the old Colts though. The one who's owner had a packing Co come in the middle of the night and move them to Bal. Maybe John's Dad knew how bad the owner was, I don't know but I heard of nothing but bad things about that guy from people that lived out there.
    Getting Stoked

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information