Thread: Couple short videos of the Cobra

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Default Couple short videos of the Cobra

The Cobra is finally back on the road after being down for about 10.5 months. There are still some quirks to work out (I'm not getting enough fuel, so I have to either run two fuel pumps or get one massive fuel pump) and I need to finish the tune. It pulls HARD. Since the engine is being starved of fuel above 6,000 RPM, I set the rev limiter to 5,500 RPM, but I'm still close to 500 horsepower to the rear wheels at that point. It's fun.

I don't know how to embed videos, so if someone wants to do that for me and/or tell me how, I'd appreciate it. And yes the car is dirty, it rained Saturday.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 01-25-2010 at 08:44 PM.

2. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

Cool man.
    Merry.

YEEOUCH !!!

When you grind those gears, it hurts my ears !!!

Cool vids !
    Very glad for you that's she's back on the road SR.
    I know that the wait must have been killing you !
    Congrats, great job !!!

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing (Edmund Burke)

http://www.navyjack.info/history.html
    My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Love the rims as gay as that sounds. I want to get a similar set for my truck.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    The Cobra is finally back on the road after being down for about 10.5 months. There are still some quirks to work out (I'm not getting enough fuel, so I have to either run two fuel pumps or get one massive fuel pump) and I need to finish the tune. It pulls HARD. Since the engine is being starved of fuel above 6,000 RPM, I set the rev limiter to 5,500 RPM, but I'm still close to 500 horsepower to the rear wheels at that point. It's fun.

I don't know how to embed videos, so if someone wants to do that for me and/or tell me how, I'd appreciate it. And yes the car is dirty, it rained Saturday.

LOL- you are such a tool.

Seriously, though, shes a beaut. And like Clay said the rims look sick. If you ever get stuck in iraq or afganistan or somwehre, I claim you car til you get back.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Thanks guys.

The way it sits right now, I have the rev limiter set to 5,500 because I'm running out of fuel on the top end when I start making lots of boost. At 5,000 I'm only making 11 PSI, but at 6,800 I'm making almost 20 PSI. I pulled a lot of timing out of it too. Right now it's only at 6-7* of total timing. For every 1 PSI it goes up, I'll gain about 25 HP. For every 1-2* of timing I put back in, I'll gain about 25 PSI. To max out the fuel pump like I did I'm making high 400s to the wheels. If I add 3-4 degrees of timing and about 7 more PSI, I'll be close to 600 rear wheel horsepower.

It only took almost 11 months to get her back on the road, but I'm glad she's finally driving again.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information