Thread: eligible reciever question

Default eligible reciever question

Ok so you have to report a eligible reciever if one of the lineman were to catch a pass but I have a few questions.

#1 Do you have to report them every play

#2 How many can you have

#3 Is there a limit on how many you can have

#4 is there a limit on how many times you can do this.

#5 Is the other team informed of this

I probley should know this by know but I don't so I will suck it up and ask these stupid questions.
    Thanks for your help

Tireman

Quote Originally Posted by tireman357 View Post
    Ok so you have to report a eligible reciever if one of the lineman were to catch a pass but I have a few questions.

#2 How many can you have

I probley should know this by know but I don't so I will suck it up and ask these stupid questions.
    Thanks for your help

Tireman
    You can have up to five receivers at a time on the offense. Leaving five down linemen and the QB. Sometimes you will see a 6th blocker come in on the line during running plays of short yardage situations. That leaves a combination of four wrs/rbs/tes. So of the down linemen, one can be declared eligible (to complete the five eligible receivers). You have to declare it to the officiating crew before the play starts.

Quote Originally Posted by tireman357 View Post

Yes.

#2 How many can you have
    There's no limit. However, only the player who is covering the end of the line is required to report as eligible. As I'm sure you know, you must have the end of the line of scrimmage covered with someone who is eligible to receive.

That's why you will see WRs, RBs and TEs move towards the line of scrimmage and point to the line judge. It's to cover the end.

See #2. Only the player who would normally not be eligible (a player with the number of a lineman - ie guard or tackle) and is covering the end needs to report.

Nope.

Yes. Usually, the referee will annouce it over the intercom, but even if he doesn't, he will indicate with a gesture to the opposing team that the player is reported as eligible.

Thanks for your help

Tireman
    I hope that helps.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. - Albert Einstein

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by broncos_mtnman View Post
    Yes.

There's no limit. However, only the player who is covering the end of the line is required to report as eligible. As I'm sure you know, you must have the end of the line of scrimmage covered with someone who is eligible to receive.

That's why you will see WRs, RBs and TEs move towards the line of scrimmage and point to the line judge. It's to cover the end.

See #2. Only the player who would normally not be eligible (a player with the number of a lineman - ie guard or tackle) and is covering the end needs to report.

Nope.

Yes. Usually, the referee will annouce it over the intercom, but even if he doesn't, he will indicate with a gesture to the opposing team that the player is reported as eligible.

I hope that helps.
    Yep all I needed thanks alot.
    Have a great day.

J.C>

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information