Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Statistics

Ernster would have been a fine punter for us this year, but Todd is a quality guy and when the game counts, he does well. He's not an excellent pooch guy, but he can drill it when it matters and his experience is probably what led to him being here and Ernster being gone. I liked Ernster, and maybe down the road he could come back. There's just no room to carry two punters and a kicker on any NFL team. It's not that Ernster is bad, it's just that Todd is better.

2. The Following User High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Ernster would have been a fine punter for us this year, but Todd is a quality guy and when the game counts, he does well. He's not an excellent pooch guy, but he can drill it when it matters and his experience is probably what led to him being here and Ernster being gone. I liked Ernster, and maybe down the road he could come back. There's just no room to carry two punters and a kicker on any NFL team. It's not that Ernster is bad, it's just that Todd is better.
    And to add to that....what we have seen in the past is winning the field position battle is important for this team. Needing a booming punt at the right time when our offense is backed up is more important then a pooch punt inside the 10 yard line.

4. The Following User High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

todd is a veteran i think he can get the job done... i hope...

6. The Following User High Fived broncosinindy For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    And to add to that....what we have seen in the past is winning the field position battle is important for this team. Needing a booming punt at the right time when our offense is backed up is more important then a pooch punt inside the 10 yard line.
    I agree.

Some of Ernster's punts put alot of pressure on our own defense. It is very important to have a punter who can boom it away ESPECIALLY in a critical position. I definitley think Ernster can BECOME a very good punter but at the moment Todd was definitley a safer choice. Field position can give you an extra advantage or disadvantage.

8. The Following User High Fived Retired_Member_001 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information