Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: The MLB Fantasy Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Heard Stark talking about him earlier today...or was it the Fantasy Podcast last night? I dunno...I think it was the Fantasy Podcast.

Big Papi might be done for a while.
    1 month is what they are estimating right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

There is a guy in my league with Artie who is utterly obsessed with getting Brad Lidge from me.

Right now (I believe the sixth trade offer, maybe the seventh) he is offering me Brandon Lyon and Carlos Marmol. But he has yet to even try to help me out. He just keeps offering random people, rather than looking at my roster and seeing what needs help.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

OK, what does everyone think...

I'm am thinking about this offer:
    I trade:
    Brad Lidge
    Alex Rios
    Ryan Theriot

He trades:
    Chase Utley
    Brian Fuentes

Thoughts?

I've got a pretty good number of OF - (Starting) Ordonez, Hermida, Dye, Kemp (util), (Sitting) Rios, Figgins and (DL) Soriano...

His OF consists of (Starting) Rowand, Bradley, Gomez, (Bench) Victorino

Should I offer Dye and sell high at this point?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Chone Figgins as an undroppable.

Discuss:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Spot start tonight:
    Lohse
    Masterson
    Garland
    Mussina

Any thoughts?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Spot start tonight:
    Lohse
    Masterson
    Garland
    Mussina

Any thoughts?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I chose Masterson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Need some help:
    A guy has proposed this trade to me:
    I get:
    Jay Bruce
    Todd Jones
    George Sherrill

He gets:
    Joe Nathan
    Dustin Pedroia

Thoughts. I need saves and ERA the most. Cristian Guzman is on the waiver wire and I could fill him in at the 2B/SS spot that Pedroia would be vacating.

I would be losing ERA, but I would definitely be picking up more saves.

Thoughts?

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Well, one thing you have to be concerned with is Sherril. I have him and Jones on one of my teams. If the O's stay in the middle of the pack which it looks that way they could trade high on Sherril, so you are going to have to keep and eye on Johnson who is the set up man at the moment, just in case they moves him.

Tigers manager will throw Jones out there as long as he can. He is not a shut down closer, he tosses them up there soft and hopes that his defense will have his back. Both closer come with that high chance of blowing saves.

12 combined saves in the last month, with a 6.30 ERA and 2.10 WHIP between the two.

As for Nathan he has 9 saves in the last month, no ER, and .64 WHIP, and is money in the second half.

I would see what other options are out there. If you need ERA and saves those 2 closer will kill them, for a couple more saves.

I would just try shopping Dustin for a closer, he should be able to bring a pretty good return.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Well, one thing you have to be concerned with is Sherril. I have him and Jones on one of my teams. If the O's stay in the middle of the pack which it looks that way they could trade high on Sherril, so you are going to have to keep and eye on Johnson who is the set up man at the moment, just in case they moves him.

Tigers manager will throw Jones out there as long as he can. He is not a shut down closer, he tosses them up there soft and hopes that his defense will have his back. Both closer come with that high chance of blowing saves.

12 combined saves in the last month, with a 6.30 ERA and 2.10 WHIP between the two.

As for Nathan he has 9 saves in the last month, no ER, and .64 WHIP, and is money in the second half.

I would see what other options are out there. If you need ERA and saves those 2 closer will kill them, for a couple more saves.

I would just try shopping Dustin for a closer, he should be able to bring a pretty good return.
    Well, that's what I was thinking. The trade was proposed to me. I think I might counter offer with Jones (because he should get a lot of opportunities) and another lower ERA guy.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information