Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The MLB Fantasy Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Default The MLB Fantasy Thread

I'm really into fantasy baseball...I'm really into baseball, period.

So, here's my first draft this year...ESPN 5x5 Roto:

C - Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    1B - James Loney
    2B - Ian Kinsler
    3B - Miguel Cabrera
    SS - Troy Tulowitzki
    2B/SS - Howie Kendrick
    1B/3B - Chone Figgins
    OF - Grady Sizemore
    OF - Carlos Beltran
    OF - Curtis Granderson
    OF - Hunter Pence
    OF - Kosuke Fukudome
    UTIL - Mark Ellis
    Ben - Billy Butler
    Ben - Conor Jackson
    Ben - Rick Ankiel
    P - Daisuke Matsuzaka
    P - Tim Lincecum
    P - Chad Billingsly
    P - John Maine
    P - Jeff Francis
    P - Tom Gorzelanny
    P - Billy Wagner
    P - Matt Capps
    P - Jaokim Soria

What do you think?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Bump, here's the order in which I drafted them in, I had the Sixth pick in the first round, fourth in the second and so on...

1 (6) - Miguel Cabrera
    2 (15) - Grady Sizemore
    3 (26) - Carlos Beltran
    4 (35) - Shone Figgins
    5 (46) - Curtis Granderson
    6 (55) - Troy Tulowitski
    7 (66) - Ian Kinsler
    8 (75) - Hunter Pence
    9 (86) - Daisuke Matsuzaka
    10 (95) - Billy Wagner
    11 (106) - Howie Kendrick
    12 (115) - Tim Lincecum
    13 (126) - James Loney
    14 (135) - Matt Capps
    15 (146) - Chad Billingsley
    16 (155) - John Maine
    17 (166) - Joakim Soria
    18 (175) - Jeff Francis
    19 (186) - Tom Gorzelanny
    20 (195) - Kosuke Fukudome
    21 (206) - Mark Ellis
    22 (215) - Billy Butler
    23 (226) - Conor Jackson
    24 (235) - Rick Ankiel
    25 (246) - Jarrod Saltalamacchia
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I think you got a hell of a team. Steals on the 2 Dodgers. Billingsley and Loney are gonna tear it up this year.

What round and pick did Kemp go?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by In-com-plete View Post
    I think you got a hell of a team. Steals on the 2 Dodgers. Billingsley and Loney are gonna tear it up this year.

What round and pick did Kemp go?
    Pick 78 in Round 8...I was contemplating between him or Pence in Round 8. I chose Pence with the 75th pick.

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    Pick 78 in Round 8...I was contemplating between him or Pence in Round 8. I chose Pence with the 75th pick.
    Smart move

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Smart move
    Thanks Coach...I also think I got a steal in the last round with Saltalamacchia, if he can win the starting job. It's only a 10-team league, so there are plenty of other catchers out there if he doesn't. If he wins the job, I think he can rake in that ballpark.

Adopted Bronco:

Thanks Coach...I also think I got a steal in the last round with Saltalamacchia, if he can win the starting job. It's only a 10-team league, so there are plenty of other catchers out there if he doesn't. If he wins the job, I think he can rake in that ballpark.
    He'll see alot of time at 1B and DH as well. One way or another, he'll get his AB's. I think he can be pretty solid, too.

Billingsley went 12-5 with a 3.31 ERA last year, his second in the major leagues. "I've faced him since I was 18 years old," Braves right fielder Jeff Francoeur said of Billingsley. "I've said since the first time I faced him that he was going to be a big-time pitcher. And he already is. Have you seen his legs? One of his legs is bigger than both of mine."

One NL West manager said last season that "Billingsley will be the best pitcher in our division" within two years. That's some statement, given that Jake Peavy and Brandon Webb also pitch in the division.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring...tim&id=3272282

11. The Following User High Fived In-com-plete For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

SALTY TO MINORS? (10:43 a.m. ET)
    The key player acquired by the Rangers in last year's blockbuster trade that sent slugger Mark Teixeira to Atlanta might be starting this season in the minors.

Catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia said he thinks he's heading to the minors, even though he has a higher batting average (.276 vs. .263) and on-base percentage (.300 vs. .282) this spring than the player he's competing with for the Rangers' starting spot.

"I think there are only two scenarios that can happen," Saltalamacchia said, according to the Dallas Morning. "Either they trade [Laird] or I go to Oklahoma. And I don't think they are trading him."

Because he has a minor league option left, Saltalamacchia is likely to lose a close battle with Laird.

"Look, I think we've both had very good springs," he said, according to the Dallas Morning News. "I think we've both done all that has been asked of us. I don't think I need to be at Triple-A, but at the same time, if they want us both to play every day, well ..."
    Ah, crap.

Saltalamaccia and Billy Butler that late? Nice.
    2012: The Year that Mo Got Laid

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by cswil View Post
    Saltalamaccia and Billy Butler that late? Nice.
    I thought so too, but Salty might be headed to Oklahoma...meaning I have to find a catcher. Maybe John Buck will finally turn the corner...

I thought so too, but Salty might be headed to Oklahoma...meaning I have to find a catcher. Maybe John Buck will finally turn the corner...
    He did turn the corner...he just got 1/2 the ABs he needed because Buddy had a boner for LaRue.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by cswil View Post
    He did turn the corner...he just got 1/2 the ABs he needed because Buddy had a boner for LaRue.
    Fell off in the second half...and now we have Olivo...Hillman better give Buck the time he needs.

Fell off in the second half...and now we have Olivo...Hillman better give Buck the time he needs.
    Well Olivo is already pissed off that he wont start..right?

Adopted Bronco:

Doesn't make sense. Salty and Laird are the only two catchers on the roster. I don't understand why Washington would send Salty down instead of platooning him with Laird at C and Broussard at 1B and a little DH.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information