Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The MLB Fantasy Thread

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post

My catcher in that league is Geovany Soto...so if you mean the young Cubs catcher...I would then agree.
    Soto has looked like crap this spring.

My catcher in that league is Geovany Soto...so if you mean the young Cubs catcher...I would then agree.
    Yeah, that is my guy MB, you stole him... thanks for telling me the wrong draft time buddy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG30 View Post
    Yeah, that is my guy MB, you stole him... thanks for telling me the wrong draft time buddy.
    I told you the wrong time?

Was I
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Opinions on my team. There are no pitchers in this league. Just individual pitching staffs.

Starters:
    C - Martin
    1B - Pujols
    2B - Upton
    SS - Furcal
    3B - Atkins
    OF - Swisher
    OF - Hunter
    OF - Hawpe
    P - Detroit

Bench:
    2B - Ellis
    SS - Betancourt
    3B - Kouzmanoff
    OF - Drew
    OF - Ankiel
    OF - Francoeur

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by In-com-plete View Post
    Opinions on my team. There are no pitchers in this league. Just individual pitching staffs.

Starters:
    C - Martin
    1B - Pujols
    2B - Upton
    SS - Furcal
    3B - Atkins
    OF - Swisher
    OF - Hunter
    OF - Hawpe
    P - Detroit

Bench:
    2B - Ellis
    SS - Betancourt
    3B - Kouzmanoff
    OF - Drew
    OF - Ankiel
    OF - Francoeur
    The Pitching Staff thing is kind of interesting...never played in a league like that. What round did you have to pick them to get Detroit?

You'll love have Russell Martin at catcher. You might want to strengthen the middle of the field a little (SS/2B), but you have Betancourt on the bench, too. I think it looks pretty good, as long as those guys all put up the numbers we think they can.

Get rid of Drew, and find someone else...Drew is an injury liability and just doesn't produce...I stuck a whole season with him two years ago, it was hell. You'll probably end up starting Francouer.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

The Pitching Staff thing is kind of interesting...never played in a league like that. What round did you have to pick them to get Detroit?

You'll love have Russell Martin at catcher. You might want to strengthen the middle of the field a little (SS/2B), but you have Betancourt on the bench, too. I think it looks pretty good, as long as those guys all put up the numbers we think they can.

Get rid of Drew, and find someone else...Drew is an injury liability and just doesn't produce...I stuck a whole season with him two years ago, it was hell. You'll probably end up starting Francouer.
    The pitching staff was a huge seller on bringing people into my league. I think 8 had never played fantasy baseball and the other 4 including myself had only played 1 or 2 years. Playing with all those pitchers and changing the lineup like everyday is too much of a hassle.

I'm a Dodgers fan so i had to take Martin in the third as there's no way he'd of made it back to me. Got stuck with horrible catchers last year and wasn't about to settle for another Soto/Ramon Hernandez type platoon this year.

About Furcal, I had him last year and the draft was the day before that sprained ankle that hampered him all year. I think he'll be about the 5th-7th best SS this year. And he was the 7th SS taken I believe.

My plan with Upton was to use him as an outfielder. But then, like always when I draft, I got all flustered and didn't realize only Kent and Ellis were the only quality second basemen available after my 7th round pick. I had Weeks targeted in the 7th but saw Hunter there and forgot all about Weeks.

I took the Tigers in the 9th round. And they were the 10th pitching staff taken. The only other staff worth taking was the Yankees who went at the end of that round. And I'm as anti-Yankee as anyone out there.

But going by MLB's point projections, I have the #2 catcher, the #2 first baseman, the #3 second baseman, the #6 third baseman, the #8 SS, and the 6th (Swisher), the 20th (Hawpe), the 28th (Hunter), 39th (Drew), and 40th (Francoeur) ranked outfielders. I fully expect Drew to come on strong this year. I took him with my last pick (round 15) and figured it's not a big deal if I drop him. Same goes for Ankiel. Took him in the 14th round and thought I may be able to trade him for Matt Kemp by the end of April. But I have a feeling I won't want to. 11 HRs in 150 or so ABs last year. He may hit 35-40.

Only regret I may have is taking Pujols over Cabrera in the first round. And maybe Furcal over Hardy. Although like I said, I'm a Dodgers fan.

** Edit:
    I had Francoeur last year also. My parents came to visit me this weekend and my dad sat behind me the entire draft. It's the 11th round and I saw him sitting there. My dad went ape shit. "Why the hell is Francoeur still there" he said. I was all ready to pick Kemp but couldn't pass up Francoeur.
    Last edited by In-com-plete; 03-25-2008 at 08:59 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The pitching staff was a huge seller on bringing people into my league. I think 8 had never played fantasy baseball and the other 4 including myself had only played 1 or 2 years. Playing with all those pitchers and changing the lineup like everyday is too much of a hassle.

I'm a Dodgers fan so i had to take Martin in the third as there's no way he'd of made it back to me. Got stuck with horrible catchers last year and wasn't about to settle for another Soto/Ramon Hernandez type platoon this year.

About Furcal, I had him last year and the draft was the day before that sprained ankle that hampered him all year. I think he'll be about the 5th-7th best SS this year. And he was the 7th SS taken I believe.

My plan with Upton was to use him as an outfielder. But then, like always when I draft, I got all flustered and didn't realize only Kent and Ellis were the only quality second basemen available after my 7th round pick. I had Weeks targeted in the 7th but saw Hunter there and forgot all about Weeks.

I took the Tigers in the 9th round. And they were the 10th pitching staff taken. The only other staff worth taking was the Yankees who went at the end of that round. And I'm as anti-Yankee as anyone out there.

But going by MLB's point projections, I have the #2 catcher, the #2 first baseman, the #3 second baseman, the #6 third baseman, the #8 SS, and the 6th (Swisher), the 20th (Hawpe), the 28th (Hunter), 39th (Drew), and 40th (Francoeur) ranked outfielders. I fully expect Drew to come on strong this year. I took him with my last pick (round 15) and figured it's not a big deal if I drop him. Same goes for Ankiel. Took him in the 14th round and thought I may be able to trade him for Matt Kemp by the end of April. But I have a feeling I won't want to. 11 HRs in 150 or so ABs last year. He may hit 35-40.

Only regret I may have is taking Pujols over Cabrera in the first round. And maybe Furcal over Hardy. Although like I said, I'm a Dodgers fan.

** Edit:
    I had Francoeur last year also. My parents came to visit me this weekend and my dad sat behind me the entire draft. It's the 11th round and I saw him sitting there. My dad went ape shit. "Why the hell is Francoeur still there" he said. I was all ready to pick Kemp but couldn't pass up Francoeur.
    Detroit was the 10th pitching staff taken? Wow...

I guess I need to do my research, Upton is projecting out huge, and Furcal is a good SS, if you've got the other three infielders you have...especially with a catcher. I guess according to rankings, you might need some outfield help, although I think Francoeur is underrated in fantasy. New scenery might vault Hunter's numbers a little. Like I said, I'd still try to get rid of Drew. Try to trade him first, but you may just have to release him. I've been working all day, so I haven't seen how serious his back is.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 03-25-2008 at 10:36 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I signed up for a Yahoo public league today...because my "friends" here hung me out to dry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I signed up for a Yahoo public league today...because my "friends" here hung me out to dry.
    OK *******, which league is it, I'll go join.

Adopted Bronco:

I was all ready to pick Kemp but couldn't pass up Francoeur.
    You have to wonder what LA thinks about Kemp. He batted .342 and they are still reluctant to start him this year, and they were way too willing to give him up in a potential deal for Erik Bedard. Gotta be more to that scenario than what appears, so good job taking Francouer

I would have taken Cabrera over Pujols as well, just simply based on the fact that it is inevitable that Albert is eventually going to have to miss some significant playing time to get the bone chips removed from his elbow. Should have done it in the off-season.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    You have to wonder what LA thinks about Kemp. He batted .342 and they are still reluctant to start him this year, and they were way too willing to give him up in a potential deal for Erik Bedard. Gotta be more to that scenario than what appears, so good job taking Francouer

I would have taken Cabrera over Pujols as well, just simply based on the fact that it is inevitable that Albert is eventually going to have to miss some significant playing time to get the bone chips removed from his elbow. Should have done it in the off-season.
    I was scared to death they were gonna trade Kemp. Don't see any reason they'd even think about trading him. Either they are/were super high on Bedard or not as high on Kemp as everyone else is. But this whole 4 outfielder thing is a fiasco. They never should have signed Pierre.

Felt like the Pujols and Cabrera pick was six of one, half-dozen of the other. Figured it'd be like those two lines at the grocery store you're trying to figure out which one to get in. Doesn't really matter because it's guaranteed the other one's faster.

Adopted Bronco:

I'm glad LA didn't make the deal for Bedard. The O's got a better deal from Seattle and got a better player in Jones and a future stud in Tillman.

I like Kemp... He should have a good year. He lost like 20 or 30 pounds and he should be faster and healthier for the season. Plus he is on my fantasy team so he better do good or else I will cut him. (lots of pressure on him there)

15. The Following User High Fived BOSSHOGG30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG30 View Post
    I like Kemp... He should have a good year. He lost like 20 or 30 pounds and he should be faster and healthier for the season. Plus he is on my fantasy team so he better do good or else I will cut him. (lots of pressure on him there)
    Everything about him says superstar, but the Dodgers seem to be higher on Ethier. We'll see how it all pans out for him, but I foresee Kemp being dealt by the deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Everything about him says superstar, but the Dodgers seem to be higher on Ethier. We'll see how it all pans out for him, but I foresee Kemp being dealt by the deadline.
    You shut your ******* mouth!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information