Thread: Google Search Engine

Default Google Search Engine

Is anyone receiving all sorts of advertising when utilizing google to research information?. It's only occurring on google, looks like some advertiser has been hacking them all week!

Nevermind, looks like Google finally got rid of the advertising spammer.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

You can thank me

I had the er between two slices of wholemeal bread for breakfast this morning.

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    You can thank me

I had the er between two slices of wholemeal bread for breakfast this morning.
    A couple of those ads 2 days ago actually looked like a virus disguised as an anti-virus ad, those are nasty, wicked, little cockroaches that can actually take over your own control panel. That one came from a Comcast search engine.

I always wondered why people create these viruses/worms?. If I'm not mistaken, there is no profit in it. All it does is piss people off!

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Biz1 View Post
    A couple of those ads 2 days ago actually looked like a virus disguised as an anti-virus ad, those are nasty, wicked, little cockroaches that can actually take over your own control panel. That one came from a Comcast search engine.

I always wondered why people create these viruses/worms?. If I'm not mistaken, there is no profit in it. All it does is piss people off!
    The same people who manufacture PC's outsource to software creators to make the viruses. There is profit in it, plenty of profit.

Kind of like if you were at school selling bike tires and you slashed everybody's tires.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Most of those viruses disguised as anti-virus software try to get you to got to a site that they claim you can buy their product in order to get rid of the viruses that it claims you have. Too many people are naive enough to send their credit card info without first checking into the legitimacy of the site and the alleged software that they are trying to get you to buy.

I had one such alleged anti-viruses hijack my computer a couple of years ago. The thing was, its alleged anti-virus analysis program started running without my prior knowledge or consent. Then it locked down my computer and said I had to go to their site right away in order to get their alleged cure. I, realizing that no legitimate program would do that to you, had my computer geek brother rip it out of my computer. I think it took him about 2 - 3 days to finally succeed.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Most of those viruses disguised as anti-virus software try to get you to got to a site that they claim you can buy their product in order to get rid of the viruses that it claims you have. Too many people are naive enough to send their credit card info without first checking into the legitimacy of the site and the alleged software that they are trying to get you to buy.

I had one such alleged anti-viruses hijack my computer a couple of years ago. The thing was, its alleged anti-virus analysis program started running without my prior knowledge or consent. Then it locked down my computer and said I had to go to their site right away in order to get their alleged cure. I, realizing that no legitimate program would do that to you, had my computer geek brother rip it out of my computer. I think it took him about 2 - 3 days to finally succeed.
    Hi,

The last time I posted in this section of the MB was due to the same reason:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=97379

What I find amusing about this pro anti-virus(which sounds like what you experienced)is that its' creator etc. would actually think infected users are dumb enough to give out credit card info to an anonymous thief AFTER the virus has already hijacked your computer.

I just assume break his/her typing fingers whenever possible.

9. The Following User High Fived Biz1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Hi,

The last time I posted in this section of the MB was due to the same reason:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=97379

What I find amusing about this pro anti-virus(which sounds like what you experienced)is that its' creator etc. would actually think infected users are dumb enough to give out credit card info to an anonymous thief AFTER the virus has already hijacked your computer.

I just assume break his/her typing fingers whenever possible.
    I do believe that was the name of it. The most interesting thing that I learned is that I had the 3rd or 4th rendition of that virus. Its creator would reintroduce it every so many months or years with slight variations in the program so that I would get past the updated anti-virus programs. That tells me that there is enough people out here in cyberspace that are dumb enough to fall for it to make it worth its creator's time to keep reintroducing it.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

I do believe that was the name of it. The most interesting thing that I learned is that I had the 3rd or 4th rendition of that virus. Its creator would reintroduce it every so many months or years with slight variations in the program so that I would get past the updated anti-virus programs. That tells me that there is enough people out here in cyberspace that are dumb enough to fall for it to make it worth its creator's time to keep reintroducing it.
    It cost me $200 to get rid of the Anti-Virus Pro from a notebook computer here. Why in God's green earth would I pay what is effectively a ransom demand on the internet of all places?.

Here you have some idiot manufacturing a virus that effectively steals your computer. And the same virus infiltrates and renders your own control panel useless(along with command prompts etc you would normally use to isolate and remove the virus). Then the virus demands payment in the form of personal information via a credit card, yeah right!

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I had a similar experience and once I realized this sucker wasn't going to let go, I completely turned off my computer (not shut down, I mean power off). Then I unplugged the internet connection and rebooted, went straight to my actual anti-virus program and cleaned it out.

I take an extra step after that. Some of these viruses will set up folders to store themselves and replicate when you think you've removed them so I look at the directory root of the infected file that is being removed and manually delete that too if it doesn't seem essential.

One last step I take is to go to the browser cache and delete everything in it, including the cookies (you can always sign back in to your favorite sites). So, my system is a little thorough but I never get hit twice with the same crap.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Some of these viruses will set up folders to store themselves and replicate when you think you've removed them so I look at the directory root of the infected file that is being removed and manually delete that too if it doesn't seem essential.
    That's exactly what my brother said about this one and why he had such a hard time getting it out.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information