Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Travel to London in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    My only concern is that the league gives us a favorable schedule before/after game - i.e. home before, and home after. I would hate to see us on the road for the game either before or after this game.
    The NFL better give both the Broncos and 49ers a bye the following week. It can take days to recover from jet lag, let alone an athlete recovering from an NFL game and then preparing to play just a few days later.

I understand the NFL wants to expand the popularity of the sport, but if he actually thinks he's going to get a team based out of London in the near future, he doesn't have a clue.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos headed to London for regular-season game on Halloween

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14200104

The Broncos are headed to London.

The NFL and the team announced Friday that the Broncos will play the San Francisco 49ers at London's Wembley Stadium on Oct. 31.

It will be a home game for the 49ers, replacing a game between the two teams that would have been played in San Francisco. The London game will not affect the Broncos normal home schedule.

The Halloween game, at Wembley Stadium, kicks off at 11 a.m. mountain time (5 p.m. in London). The game will air on CBS.

It will mark the first time in more than 50 years that the Broncos will play a regular season game outside of the United States. The team has previously played in seven exhibition games in foreign countries, including Mexico, Australia, Japan, Spain and Germany.

"It's a wonderful, historic opportunity for our franchise and will be an unforgettable experience for our players, coaches and fans," team owner Pat Bowlen said in a statement released by the team. "I'm excited for the game in London and am thrilled that the Broncos will be part of the NFL's continued international growth."

London has played host to a regular season game each season since 2007, with sell-out crowds each time. The 2009 game featured the New England Patriots and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"Playing in London in front of so many passionate and new football fans is a privilege and will be a great experience for our team," coach Josh McDaniels said in a statement. "I'm excited for the opportunity, and I am certain that our players and coaches will share my enthusiasm."

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos, 49ers to play regular-season game in London in 2010

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

The NFL's International Series of regular-season games will return to the United Kingdom in 2010 with the San Francisco 49ers hosting the Denver Broncos, the NFL announced Friday.

The game will be played on Sunday, Oct. 31 at Wembley Stadium in London at 1 p.m. ET . CBS will provide live television coverage in the United States.

The 49ers and Broncos are among the most decorated franchises in NFL history, combining for seven Super Bowl victories.

"For the past three years we have seen the extraordinary passion that exists for NFL football in the UK," said NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell. "We want to continue to build on that passion by strengthening our ties to our existing UK fans and creating new ones."

The 49ers, five-time NFL champions, will take part in their second international regular-season game and first as the home team. One of the world's most popular NFL franchises, San Francisco faced the Arizona Cardinals on October 2, 2005 in Mexico City in the first international regular-season game in league history, helping attract a crowd of 103,467 to Azteca Stadium.

"The 49ers organization is excited to be part of the NFL's 2010 international schedule," said 49ers President and CEO Jed York. "London is a wonderful venue for two of the most storied franchises in NFL history to square off. The international games have been so well received that it will surely be an exciting experience for our players, coaches, staff and fans. We support the league's initiative to bring NFL games to the international stage, and look forward to playing in front of our fans in England."

The Broncos, two-time Super Bowl champions, played in seven international preseason American Bowl games, including in London in 1987. They return to the UK to play against the team they faced in Super Bowl XXIV in 1990.

"The Denver Broncos are honored to play in London against the 49ers as part of the NFL's International Series," said Broncos President and CEO Pat Bowlen. "Our organization has been fortunate to play in several American Bowls in previous years, including one in London, but to play a regular-season game overseas is truly special. It's a wonderful, historic opportunity for our franchise and will be an unforgettable experience for our players, coaches and fans. I'm excited for the game in London and am thrilled that the Broncos will be part of the NFL's continued international growth."

The NFL is continuing to explore the possibility of playing a second game in the UK in 2010.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

6. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is fantastic news. I was going to be in Hawaii for this game and the island or place i will be on is really remote. They only get the major games and all the other places that get the games like hooters and sports bars and such are a long ways away.

But the game being a national televised game, means they will be broadcasting it. That frickin rocks!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kenny McKinley

The Tampa Bay v New England game kicked off at 5pm UK time last year. So that would be 10am Denver time.
    Orange 'n' Blue since '84.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived AndyUKBronco For This Post:

I was excited when New England played Tampa Bay in London. I enjoyed reading the stories and blogs from local reporters who were over there covering the game and also enjoyed watching the TV coverage of practice.

This is good news for Broncos fans.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

****!

this blows. . .

i suppose the exposure is good for the team and all that, but the added travel time sure isn't. . . at least we're facing an opponent who's also had to travel, but historically the broncos don't fare well in east coast games-- this is a hell of a lot farther. . .

oh well-- i hope our friends across the pond get to go. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Kenny McKinley

I think there is quite a divide here:-

a/ You guys in the States who don't give a s**t.

b/ Us guys in UK/Europe for who it means EVERYTHING to see the Broncos play a meaningful game LIVE.

I was there at the old Wembley in '87 when we played an exhibition against the LA Rams and this is going to be 100 times better!!
    Orange 'n' Blue since '84.

15. The Following 7 Users High Fived AndyUKBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ****!

this blows. . .

i suppose the exposure is good for the team and all that, but the added travel time sure isn't. . . at least we're facing an opponent who's also had to travel, but historically the broncos don't fare well in east coast games-- this is a hell of a lot farther. . .

oh well-- i hope our friends across the pond get to go. . .

A positive is SF has to travel even farther!!

I hope all the BRONCO fans over there get to go!!

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Default London trip could be a distraction

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post...-a-distraction

Maybe a trip to London will be enough to make Brandon Marshall want to remain in Denver.

Or maybe not.

I wouldn’t blame Marshall, or any other member of the Broncos, if he wasn’t thrilled about the idea of playing a regular-season game overseas. But that’s what the team is going to have to deal with.

The Broncos announced they will play San Francisco on Oct.31 at Wembley Stadium as part of the NFL’s recent trend of playing a regular-season game in London. The Broncos have played several preseason games overseas over the years. Denver owner Pat Bowlen and coach Josh McDaniels expressed excitement about this opportunity in a statement released by the team.

“The Denver Broncos are honored to play in London against the 49ers as part of the NFL’s International Series,” Bowlen said. “Our organization has been fortunate to play in several American Bowls in previous years, including one in London, but to play a regular-season game overseas is truly special. It’s a wonderful, historic opportunity for our franchise and will be an unforgettable experience for our players, coaches and fans. I’m excited for the game in London and am thrilled that the Broncos will be part of the NFL’s continued international growth.”

Added McDaniels: “Playing in London in front of so many passionate and new football fans is a privilege and will be a great experience for our team. I’m excited for the opportunity, and I am certain that our players and coaches will share my enthusiasm. The previous games in London have had a playoff-like atmosphere to them, so that’s always a good thing to play in that type of an environment. We’ll be ready for the challenge.”

The game is a home game for San Francisco, so, at least, Denver doesn’t lose a home game because of this excursion.

That’s the only positive I can see. This trip is potential a distraction. It can tire a team and cause them to lose focus during the season.

Expect Denver to get its bye week directly after the London trip. That has been the recent trend. It wouldn’t be a shock if Denver is assigned to play at Jacksonville or Baltimore the week before the London game to help cut down on travel time. Those are the two most Eastern road opponents on Denver’s schedule.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

As it happens I'll be in Bratislava at that time.

I'm not happy with this at all though. I'm against the whole concept of the International Series. I wouldn't be going that's for sure. My dream is the see the Broncos live and I will no questions about that. I'll be watching it in your back yard however. I want the whole culture like the tailgating and the whole gameday experience. The last place I want to see my first Broncos game is sat in expensive seats in an over rated stadium in an over rated and expensive city sat with people who more than likely wont have a clue who most of our players are. All in a fake and sanitised atmosphere. No thanks.

America's Game? It should be kept that way.
    LOVE UNITED HATE GLAZER

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived ManchesterBroncoLUHG For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by ManchesterBroncoLUHG View Post
    As it happens I'll be in Bratislava at that time.

I'm not happy with this at all though. I'm against the whole concept of the International Series. I wouldn't be going that's for sure. My dream is the see the Broncos live and I will no questions about that. I'll be watching it in your back yard however. I want the whole culture like the tailgating and the whole gameday experience. The last place I want to see my first Broncos game is sat in expensive seats in an over rated stadium in an over rated and expensive city sat with people who more than likely wont have a clue who most of our players are. All in a fake and sanitised atmosphere. No thanks.

America's Game? It should be kept that way.
    Great points - I would not mind if it were a preseason game, but during the season - there is too much on the line to have to contend with extra travel time, being in a strange country, etc.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

23. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Travelling to London has seemed to work out for teams in the past, most notably the Giants but also other teams that have come to London have gone on and had good streaks.

I understand though, for teams from the West, it's a bit of a trek and could tire them out.

I for one will be at the game and I'm sure it'll be one of the best experiences in my life!

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived Apollo For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    Travelling to London has seemed to work out for teams in the past, most notably the Giants but also other teams that have come to London have gone on and had good streaks.

I understand though, for teams from the West, it's a bit of a trek and could tire them out.

I for one will be at the game and I'm sure it'll be one of the best experiences in my life!
    First - to Broncos Forums - and that is GREAT that you and other Bronco fans over there will get to see the Broncos play in person Cheer them on for all of us

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    First - to Broncos Forums - and that is GREAT that you and other Bronco fans over there will get to see the Broncos play in person Cheer them on for all of us
    Thanks very much. It'll be a great experience for all those in attendance. The previous NFL UK games have been packed out with great atmosphere.

29. The Following 2 Users High Fived Apollo For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information