Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Marshall..Meh, who needs him?

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The Colts are deep on threats, the Chargers are deep on threats, the Vikings are deep on threats and the Saints are probably the deepest team in regards to passing threats.

You need good receiving threats, not necessarily great receiving threats.
    Take out Fitz from the Cards, take out Wayne from the Colts, take out Jackson from the Chargers, take out Rice from the Vikings, take out Colston from the Saints... and you don't have the same passing attack at all with those teams.

I mean, do you think your passing attack in Cinci was nearly as threatening this season without Housh?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    That's exactly what idiot coaches who wind up losing their jobs do -- get rid of the "cancer" and then they wonder why their stupid teams get WHIPPED in the playoffs by teams with more talented players.
    I would sure love to see some great examples of this.

Because Anquan Boldin threatened to hold out and was generally sulking this season, idiots are calling him a "cancer." Now Brandon Marshall wants to be paid like the #5 WR in the NFL that he is, and he's a "cancer."
    Boldin was the guy who ran away from his teammates when they won the NFCCG to get into the locker room. He was the one pouting. Ironically the Cardinals sure looked like they needed him against GB, huh? Because they have an elite WR who IS about the team (shocking, no?) and Breaston who looks like he could be a very strong long term number two wideout.

Marshall is a cancer because he hurts his team. He gets into legal issues and gets suspended or quits on his team twice in one season. I mean, nothing screams "YOU SHOULD PAY ME" like batting balls down on the practice field or refusing to play on a non-injured 'injured' hamstring.

If a coach criticizes a player, somehow it's never the coaches' fault. But, you'll notice that the actually GOOD coaches who WIN championships manage to get their players to play -- even the egotistical ones like Randy Moss.
    Maybe players who don't like criticism should opt to play for their team?

What team was won a Super Bowl with a primmadonna WR in recent years? It sure hasn't been a team with Randy Moss, Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson, Steve Smith, etc etc etc, so no, your example or argument is void of worth and reason.

Moss is almost certainly the MOST self-centered egotist in the entire NFL. There used to be a film clip on Youtube of him running over a meter maid because she DARED to write him a parking ticket. She was blocking the car of the "great one" so he just drover over her!
    And that man has so many SB rings that when he moves his hand all you hear is Bling Bling....oh wait zero...damn.

You had to see that video to believe it. The pure arrogant anger and contempt from Moss towards this "nobody" for getting in his way and daring to inconvenience him was written on his face.
    Where da rings at?

It was the most blatant display of pure arrogant self-entitlement I've ever seen. But, the Patriots went 18-0 to get to the SB with Moss and Belichek managed to keep from having a food fight with him these past couple of years. And it sure as hell ISN'T because Moss became a "team player." That word isn't in his vocabulary any more than it is in the vocabulary of Ocho Cinco, T.O. or most other top WRs of the past 10 years. Guys like Rod Smith, Wes Welker or Marvin Harrison are rarities in the NFL these days.
    Rod Smith hit a woman, Wes Welker is one of the biggest trash talkers in the NFL and Marvin Harrison probably shot somebody. Please have a little bit of knowledge before you spew this crapola. Oh, and I have mad love for Rod Smith because he learned from his mistake. Everyone gets one screw up. Far as I can tell he's a great guy, but uhhh..as for the rest of those WR's (including my CJ), where da rings at?

Good coaches manage to get value out of these selfish players. Bad ones pick fights with them and have to ship them out.

There seems to be some kind of brain defect among fans that when a player does anything controversial that demonstrates immaturity (like Marshall pouting in the pre-season) they immediately say: "he's not a team player -- get rid of him!" And then they wonder why their teams don't win because other teams have more talent.

But, but but, where...where...WHERE DA RINGS AT!??!?! SHOW ME THA RINGS HOMIE!

Teams like the Steelers and Giants won with GOOD WR's like Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Plaxico Burress, etc etc etc.

Here's one for ya, bra, what'd the Cowboys do with TO, and what have they done without him?

Your argument holds no water, zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Take out Fitz from the Cards, take out Wayne from the Colts, take out Jackson from the Chargers, take out Rice from the Vikings, take out Colston from the Saints... and you don't have the same passing attack at all with those teams.

I mean, do you think your passing attack in Cinci was nearly as threatening this season without Housh?
    Yeah, but out of all of those guys two WRs are great, and none of those guys are cancers.

No, we sorely missed T.J., but he was a possession WR who could do SOME deeper route running and what not. He also wasn't tearing the locker room apart and was voted captain by his teammates.

You need good receiving threats, my own words, and there was an 's' on the end of the word 'threat' for a reason.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Marshall is absolutely no more of a 'locker room cancer' than Ocho is... and I love Ocho.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Marshall is absolutely no more of a 'locker room cancer' than Ocho is... and I love Ocho.
    I liked Ocho again after Henry passed because then I started to believe that it wasn't just lip service.

He used to be my favorite player of all time, bar none until he demanded a trade. Well, I take that back, I agreed with a lot of what he said or implied about Cincinnati ownership. What I hated was the fact that he did it loudly and publicly campaigned for the trade.

However, his retarded ass (and I really do think that he's not playing with a full deck) at least showed up to camp and tried when he arrived. I didn't see film of him batting the ball down, and Ocho will bust his ass to get on the field. That same year he was playing on a bad ankle.

He never got himself suspended and most of his 'controversy' came from him celebrating.

Ocho, like Rod Smith, slapped a woman. Like, Rod Smith, he managed to learn from his mistakes.

Marshall hasn't learned from his mistakes on any level. He kept on getting into brushes with the law over domestic abuse and eventually got suspended.

To be fair, Ocho has been suspended, but that came down from Marvin Lewis (one of the few things I'll give that hack of a coach credit for).

Marshall is a cancer, Ocho is a fool.

7. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I liked Ocho again after Henry passed because then I started to believe that it wasn't just lip service.

He used to be my favorite player of all time, bar none until he demanded a trade. Well, I take that back, I agreed with a lot of what he said or implied about Cincinnati ownership. What I hated was the fact that he did it loudly and publicly campaigned for the trade.

However, his retarded ass (and I really do think that he's not playing with a full deck) at least showed up to camp and tried when he arrived. I didn't see film of him batting the ball down, and Ocho will bust his ass to get on the field. That same year he was playing on a bad ankle.

He never got himself suspended and most of his 'controversy' came from him celebrating.

Ocho, like Rod Smith, slapped a woman. Like, Rod Smith, he managed to learn from his mistakes.

Marshall hasn't learned from his mistakes on any level. He kept on getting into brushes with the law over domestic abuse and eventually got suspended.

To be fair, Ocho has been suspended, but that came down from Marvin Lewis (one of the few things I'll give that hack of a coach credit for).

Marshall is a cancer, Ocho is a fool.
    So Ocho slapping woman and getting suspended from the coach is ok, because you felt he learned from it... after being in the league 9 years.

But Marshall's past mistakes make him a cancer.

Marshall isn't a locker room cancer any more than Ocho was for supposedly punching a coach. Marshall was batting balls, not coaches.

Like I said.. I like ocho. I don 't think he's as good as he thinks he is, but thats ok too. I don't mind that kind of personality at all (depending on how they express it, I guess). You don't like Marshall, thus he's a cancer in your eyes... but you like Ocho, so he's not. YOu compare HIS indiscretions with Rod Smith, because that "softens" the accusations.

I respect you King, but I think you are taking a selective look and doing what most people do.... Justifying their poison.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

So Ocho slapping woman and getting suspended from the coach is ok, because you felt he learned from it... after being in the league 9 years.
    Ocho did it in college, and I don't anyone remembered him getting suspended. I doubt anyone really remembers that he did hit a woman. I brought it up to be fair and to make my point. Ocho and others have made a mistake once and rectified it. He did it with the domestic abuse and with his contract 'woes'.

Marshall failed on both those counts.

But Marshall's past mistakes make him a cancer.
    Marshall's ongoing mistakes make him a cancer.

Marshall isn't a locker room cancer any more than Ocho was for supposedly punching a coach. Marshall was batting balls, not coaches.
    The difference is that when those allegations came out everyone in the Bengal's lockeroom said it didn't happen and it came from a guy who got cut by Cincinnati. No player is going to punch a coach and be able to stay on that team. There's no way.

Like I said.. I like ocho. I don 't think he's as good as he thinks he is, but thats ok too. I don't mind that kind of personality at all (depending on how they express it, I guess). You don't like Marshall, thus he's a cancer in your eyes... but you like Ocho, so he's not. YOu compare HIS indiscretions with Rod Smith, because that "softens" the accusations.
    I don't think anyone is as good as Ocho thinks he is, and that includes Jerry Rice. I wanted Ocho to be traded, they couldn't because if they did his cap hit would have cost us roughly 12 million bucks that year, it would have been hard to actually sign anyone we drafted.

I compare his actions to Rod Smith because it's an apt comparison. Please, go look at my posts concerning my team and my players, I'm not a homer, I'm very blunt and honest.

I respect you King, but I think you are taking a selective look and doing what most people do.... Justifying their poison.
    Ocho isn't my poison. Trust me, I still think he's a great WR, but I'd trade him and some picks for several other WRs, but Marshall isn't one of them and he's the superior WR by a good chunk right now.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I just think that if you throw the ball to one guy 22 times somethings wrong with the offense, the QB, The OC or all three.
    actually he was thrown to many more times than 22 he just caught that many.

but for the most part you go to the guy that has the hot hand and that day he did they were unable to defense him.. if they were doing that every game then you have one of two things King Kong as a WR or a problem with the play calling.

Ocho did it in college, and I don't anyone remembered him getting suspended. I doubt anyone really remembers that he did hit a woman. I brought it up to be fair and to make my point. Ocho and others have made a mistake once and rectified it. He did it with the domestic abuse and with his contract 'woes'.

Marshall failed on both those counts.

Marshall's ongoing mistakes make him a cancer.

The difference is that when those allegations came out everyone in the Bengal's lockeroom said it didn't happen and it came from a guy who got cut by Cincinnati. No player is going to punch a coach and be able to stay on that team. There's no way.

I don't think anyone is as good as Ocho thinks he is, and that includes Jerry Rice. I wanted Ocho to be traded, they couldn't because if they did his cap hit would have cost us roughly 12 million bucks that year, it would have been hard to actually sign anyone we drafted.

I compare his actions to Rod Smith because it's an apt comparison. Please, go look at my posts concerning my team and my players, I'm not a homer, I'm very blunt and honest.

Ocho isn't my poison. Trust me, I still think he's a great WR, but I'd trade him and some picks for several other WRs, but Marshall isn't one of them and he's the superior WR by a good chunk right now.

great post again but I wanted to add that barring Stokleys quick thinking in the game last year that stopped the moron from the glove incident that may have cost us big time penalty .

marshall is an immature twit a ME player.. only concerned with his ego to worry about the team.

I posted this in other treads but it needs to be brought up here..

after the cowgirls got rid of TO last year everyone was saying woe is me we just got rid of the best WR in the league. our passing game is going to suffer.

yet they (Romo) just had a great season by spreading the ball around to like 14 different players and not missing TO one bit. they very well could win the SB without the best WR in football this year. amazing when egos do not get in the way of team players..

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Funny that they blame Randy Moss and Wes Welker and WRs for the Patriots inability to beat Baltimore.

Maybe this guy should stop and think just a little before he writes articles.

2 years ago, this offense went undefeated in the regular season. The Patriots didn't win the Superbowl that year because Rodney Harrison didn't just stick his hand between the WR's arm and pretty much anything to keep him from catching the ball against his helmet. That was the play of the game. Thaty ball hits the turf, the Pats win.

Funny how this article doesn't address the defensive side of the ball for NE, either. Their defense is nothing like it was during the superbowl years, nothing. How many times did new "stats" get put up on the Patriots defense this year? How many times did you hear "well this is the first time that ____ has ever happened to a Bill Bellichick coached defense"? I heard it in 3 games at least. It's okay though, trade me Randy Moss and I'll be happy to give them Jabar Gaffney's average ass right back straight up! That should definitely fix NE's offensive problems.

This guy is another freaking moron who shouldn't be paid for a sports opinion.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

15. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    actually he was thrown to many more times than 22 he just caught that many.

but for the most part you go to the guy that has the hot hand and that day he did they were unable to defense him.. if they were doing that every game then you have one of two things King Kong as a WR or a problem with the play calling.
    It was a little more than a hot hand. Orton didnt even look anywhere else. Same happened in the KC game.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I posted this in other treads but it needs to be brought up here..

after the cowgirls got rid of TO last year everyone was saying woe is me we just got rid of the best WR in the league. our passing game is going to suffer.

yet they (Romo) just had a great season by spreading the ball around to like 14 different players and not missing TO one bit. they very well could win the SB without the best WR in football this year. amazing when egos do not get in the way of team players..
    No, Romo had a good year because some no-name WR named Miles Austin came out of nowhere and became Tony's #1. Roy Williams was poor and didn't live up to his price tag and even 'ol reliable Jason Witten was more "decoy" than "slam dunk" this year.

The Cowgirls also finally realized that their RB stable is IMMENSELY deep and talented and finally started running the damned ball so Romo didn't have to throw it 50+ times a game. That's why they finally won some games in December. It's not like since TO left that the Cowboys "survived" without that "cancer". They were just extremely deep to begin with.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    No, Romo had a good year because some no-name WR named Miles Austin came out of nowhere and became Tony's #1. Roy Williams was poor and didn't live up to his price tag and even 'ol reliable Jason Witten was more "decoy" than "slam dunk" this year.

The Cowgirls also finally realized that their RB stable is IMMENSELY deep and talented and finally started running the damned ball so Romo didn't have to throw it 50+ times a game. That's why they finally won some games in December. It's not like since TO left that the Cowboys "survived" without that "cancer". They were just extremely deep to begin with.
    That is not what the cowgirls network is saying about TO leaving.. and since they are in the know about they goings on in the cowgirl Organization, they also report on it daily (unfortunate that I have to listen to it here in ELP) I'll believe what they said rather than YOUR thoughts on it.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

That is not what the cowgirls network is saying about TO leaving.. and since they are in the know about they goings on in the cowgirl Organization, they also report on it daily (unfortunate that I have to listen to it here in ELP) I'll believe what they said rather than YOUR thoughts on it.
    Yep, and just like Denverbroncos.com, several posters on this board, and every other propaganda machine out there, a former player, especially a popular one, is the devil incarnate. Everyone villainizes big-name, big-time players when they leave and writes stories about how the team is "better off" without them. Usually, it's just spiteful hate. Did you know that there are even people in Philly that talked bad of Brian Dawkins when he left? He "lost a step", and is "over the hill", and the backups are "better". What the hell, ever.

It's amazing how many people loved Cutler, now all they do is talk shit about him. Shanny - 2 superbowls, winning percentage in the 70s - but he sucks now that he's a Redskin and in two years they'll be even worse (as some have said this very day).

The Dennison bashing has already started as I'm sure the Bobby Turner bashing will soon, too. There's no villain like the one closest to you, huh?!

TO didn't do anything for the Cowboys except help them win. He didn't fumble the extra point snap vs Seattle. He didn't go to Cancun with his Hollywood "trophy girlfriend" the week before an important playoff game and then stink it up in the game.

He wasn't a cancer to the Cowboys anymore than Anquan Boldin is to the Cardinals. They are better with him, but they can still win without him.
    Last edited by HORSEPOWER 56; 01-14-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information