Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Man who said he was 'massaging' meat gets 10 years

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default Man who said he was 'massaging' meat gets 10 years

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100111/...theft_sentence

ORANGEBURG, S.C. – A South Carolina man has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for stealing an $80 slab of meat. The Times and Democrat of Orangeburg reported Thursday that 51-year-old Mark Zachary of Orangeburg received the maximum sentence after jurors found him guilty Wednesday of shoplifting. Prosecutors said the sentence was justified because the Aug. 26 theft from Reid's grocery store in Orangeburg was his ninth offense.

Authorities said when a store manager approached Zachary about the missing New York strip and the big bulk under his shirt, he fled, right into the arms of an off-duty police officer.

Assistant Solicitor Glenn Justis asked jurors "Where's the beef?" in his opening argument.

Zachary testified he was "massaging" the meat, not stealing it.

You would think that after being busted 8 times, this guy would...

A) Stop shoplifting.
    B) Come up with a more believable explanation for what he was doing.
    C) Just plead guilty instead of embarrassing himself by coming up with something as lame as this.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

an $80 new york strip?
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by shawshank24 View Post
    an $80 new york strip?
    note the use of the term "slab". . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

am i the only one who finds it odd there was an "off duty" police officer there at that exact moment?
    i think it was a "steak out !"

just could'nt resist that one

6. The Following 8 Users High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

i wonder if they...."strip" searched him.....i got a million of em' (not really i think thats about all i got)

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by T.K.O. (team kyle orton) View Post
    am i the only one who finds it odd there was an "off duty" police officer there at that exact moment?
    i think it was a "steak out !"

just could'nt resist that one
    I thought you were supposed to "massage" your meat in private?????

Sorry......I couldn't resist that one either.......
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived broncophan For This Post:

What's in your buns??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0

Always loved that commercial.

12. The Following User High Fived 2- Minute Warning For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

He'll probably only end up serving four years at the most.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by 2- Minute Warning View Post
    What's in your buns??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0

Always loved that commercial.
    I watched a show years ago that rated the most effective commercials of all time. That one was ranked #2 because the phrase, "Where's the beef," immediately became a part of our lexicon. And it still is, 26 years later.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I watched a show years ago that rated the most effective commercials of all time. That one was ranked #2 because the phrase, "Where's the beef," immediately became a part of our lexicon. And it still is, 26 years later.
    what was number one?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    what was number one?
    The 1980 SB add for McIntosh. It only ran that one time and it launched its product on to the world scene. I remember watching it when it aired during SB XV and I thought it was due and I didn't get the point. Then again, I was only 11 at the time. Looking back at as an adult, I have no idea what in the commercial inspired anyone to buy a Mac. Nevertheless, it worked and we will forever be watching pointless commercials because they keep working.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128 View Post
    He'll probably only end up serving four years at the most.
    well at least he wont have to worry about "whats for dinner ?" for a while.
    though i doubt he will be getting any new york strips in the slammer.

Adopted Bronco:

and this guy got the same sentence.....but a way better excuse check out his excuse at the end of the article.....

Man Sentenced To 10 Years For Shoplifting
    POSTED: 2:35 pm CST December 15, 2005
    UPDATED: 10:18 pm CST December 15, 2005
    Email Print
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A judge sentenced a Kansas City man to 10 years in prison for shoplifting groceries, liquor and cigarettes from a grocery store.

Ulysses Wright, 44, has 23 prior convictions. He pleaded guilty Nov. 23 to four misdemeanor and two felony counts of stealing.

According to Platte County prosecutor Eric Zahnd, between May 23 and July 3, 2004, Wright filled a grocery cart at a Hen House supermarket on North Chatham five different times with various items. He then pushed the cart out of the store without paying for the items.

A surveillance camera captured Wright jumping over the customer service counter after filling a U.S. mailbag with several cartons of cigarettes.

Zahnd called Wright a serial shoplifter.

"This defendant's crimes may not have been earth-shattering; he only got away with a few hundred dollars in merchandise each time. But his criminal history is simply awful. After 23 convictions over 2.5 decades, it is time this man understand that even shoplifting will be taken seriously," Zahnd said in a news release. "At some point, you have to draw the line in the sand and that's what we did in this case."

Zahnd said Wright told investigators he was stealing the cigarettes to sell them so he could buy crack.

19. The Following User High Fived T.K.O. For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eric Decker And D Thomas

and this guy got the same sentence.....but a way better excuse check out his excuse at the end of the article.....

Email Print
    KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A judge sentenced a Kansas City man to 10 years in prison for shoplifting groceries, liquor and cigarettes from a grocery store.

Ulysses Wright, 44, has 23 prior convictions. He pleaded guilty Nov. 23 to four misdemeanor and two felony counts of stealing.

According to Platte County prosecutor Eric Zahnd, between May 23 and July 3, 2004, Wright filled a grocery cart at a Hen House supermarket on North Chatham five different times with various items. He then pushed the cart out of the store without paying for the items.

A surveillance camera captured Wright jumping over the customer service counter after filling a U.S. mailbag with several cartons of cigarettes.

"This defendant's crimes may not have been earth-shattering; he only got away with a few hundred dollars in merchandise each time. But his criminal history is simply awful. After 23 convictions over 2.5 decades, it is time this man understand that even shoplifting will be taken seriously," Zahnd said in a news release. "At some point, you have to draw the line in the sand and that's what we did in this case."

Zahnd said Wright told investigators he was stealing the cigarettes to sell them so he could buy crack.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Email Print

My apartment complex is a "gated" community. Unfortunately, the gates are only secured for maybe 2 or 3 days at the most before the crack heads destroy the lock in order to get to their dealers. Normally they jamb something into the key slot in order to try and pick it. This last time they must have banged the nob with something until it was bent down. What ever it takes to get to their dealers, their going to do it. So the question is, why bother replacing the locks for what may be the lowest rent apartments in town if you know that they are going to get broke after just 2 or 3 days.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information