Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: PS3 or XBox 360

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

ALSO!!

Another BIG thing that I noticed is how Xbox whores out their online network with so many damn advertisements...PSN is ONLY PSN....Not no freaking advertisement machine..

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post
    Difference is storage space for stuff you download from PSN...I bought the 60G system 2 years ago and still have 36+Gigs still available...If you are going to keep EVERY demo and trailer then get the 60 gig system...Otherwise save 100 or so bucks and get the 40G system..You won't need the extra 20 gigs...

A few new PS3 games have come out recently, so I haven't even turned on myXbox Elite for the past month or so....PS3 is definetly the way to go if you want simple/advanced gameplay..
    Said the man who's Xbox live bio is "PS3 is still better"

You're right about the ads man, they do bug me....then again, sometimes they are for things I end up buying. Where you been Ben?
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

3. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

the only reason id buy a xbox or ps3 is to play madden.
    hihi, i started to beat the dude who gave me my xbox after about two months even though i have never played something like that before.

but as far as ive read on the internet, the hardware components on the xbox are just not solid enough. bad dvd players, horrible cooling systems but people say the software games are better along with the controllers.

Most people have problems within the guarantee period. often within a year. and microsoft has as usual tried to get away from problems that really should be easy to fix. like refusing to accept that their choice of dvd players wrecks the dvds until somebody actually went to court. (my problem)

Quote Originally Posted by haroldthebarrel View Post
    the only reason id buy a xbox or ps3 is to play madden.
    To be honest, Madden isn't that great on either system. 07 was just terrible. 08 was better, but they better get it together for 09. Stupid EA.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    To be honest, Madden isn't that great on either system. 07 was just terrible. 08 was better, but they better get it together for 09. Stupid EA.
    nah, its way cool. Especially to play with friends.

The only problem I have with it isnt the gameplay, but the layout and completely lack of common sense stats display if you play franchise.

the AI is pretty good actually. especially the difference from pro to all madden.
    They really have spent a lot of hours doing the AI scripts, thats for sure.
    When lisp or something like that become usual for AI scripts, man, then we will be talking about really cool games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

I haven't been too impressed with the last couple Maddens either...They could've done ALOT better with the next gen gameplay for both systems...

I hope this one with Favre on the cover, isn't another 08 with updated rosters.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Buy American!
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

PS3- One damn good reason...Metal Gear Solid 4 --8 days and counting...
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

11. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/...he-ps3/1223467

Sony has lost over $3 billion on the PS3

Think you paid too much for your Playstation 3? Don't expect any sympathy from Sony.

In the company's fiscal 2008 annual report, Sony revealed that they've now lost roughly $3.3 billion (that's billion with a B) on the Playstation 3 since its launch. That breaks down to $2.16 billion in 2007, followed by a notably smaller but equally daunting $1.16 billion loss in 2008.

The reason? Pricing the console below its production cost. That's right - that hefty $599 you paid for the PS3 back when it first launched was significantly cheaper than the cost of producing it in the first place, and while the retail price has come down some, the losses keep piling up.

Investors have reason to sweat. In a statement, Sony claimed "the large-scale investment required during the development and introductory period of a new gaming platform may not be fully recovered." They went on to note that they've invested a great deal of money into R&D for the console, a sum they might not be able to recoup if the PS3 "fails to achieve such favorable market penetration."

Sony fanboys should take heart, however. Losing money on hardware is relatively common in the video game biz, as companies routinely lower prices to sell more units and thus stimulate software sales. Sony's game division saw a 26% sales spike last quarter, a trend they expect will continue on the strength of strong exclusives like the recently released Metal Gear Solid 4 and the upcoming sequel Resistance 2.

But will it be enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Well the sum bishes dont have that many games............... This is how HP makes money on printers. If they only make 2 colors of toner, they will lose money.

In a year and a half they will show record profit on the PS3.......... IF not, I hope I can still play COD4 online.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information