Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: PS3 or XBox 360

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Default PS3 or XBox 360

I've been debating pulling the trigger on purchasing one or the other for about 6 montsh now. I have a 1st-gen Xbox, and like it. I had been leaning toward the 360 just because of the backwards compatability for my old games.

However, now that BlueRay is the winner in the BR/HDDVD battle it has pushed me more toward PS3, and it appears that PS3 might be the better technology anyways.

Anybody have any thoughts on this to share? I'm looking at getting the 40 gig PS3.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

PS3. No brainer. At the very least a high def DVD player. Backwards compatibility a no brainer too. I hear if you are an online playing addict, it has its drawbacks compared to everyone else, but besides that, PS all the way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I owned an XBox, and now I own an XBox 360. Never been not satisfied, but I don't game online. Like I've said, I just bought an HD TV and it's pretty cool. I've heard both are about the same graphics-wise if you're not a junkie...

But, it doesn't play Blu Ray and the PS3 does...so if I was buying one now, it might be the PS3.

I like the controller of the XBox vs. PS3 (I owned an original Playstation in college...), but you get used to what you use after a while anyway.

Just my two cents.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    PS3. No brainer. At the very least a high def DVD player. Backwards compatibility a no brainer too. I hear if you are an online playing addict, it has its drawbacks compared to everyone else, but besides that, PS all the way.
    Thanks Atwater, I wasn't expecting a response from you, but now you've sealed the deal.

I will buy an Xbox 360.

J/K

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I owned an XBox, and now I own an XBox 360. Never been not satisfied, but I don't game online. Like I've said, I just bought an HD TV and it's pretty cool. I've heard both are about the same graphics-wise if you're not a junkie...

But, it doesn't play Blu Ray and the PS3 does...so if I was buying one now, it might be the PS3.

I like the controller of the XBox vs. PS3 (I owned an original Playstation in college...), but you get used to what you use after a while anyway.

Just my two cents.
    Right on. I had the original Playstation, then went with the Xbox also (I like the Xbox controllers better too). I've just been waiting to see which one would take the lead here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Thanks Atwater, I wasn't expecting a response from you, but now you've sealed the deal.

I will buy an Xbox 360.

J/K
    Yeah, my opinion is pretty popular today.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Right on. I had the original Playstation, then went with the Xbox also (I like the Xbox controllers better too). I've just been waiting to see which one would take the lead here.
    What games are you into?

Sports/First-Person Action...

See, my favorite titles have always been on XBox...if ever any of them go exclusively PS3, I might switch, but until they do, I'll stick with the xBox...

As soon as the TV is paid off, I think I'm going to buy a Blu Ray player anyway...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    What games are you into?

Sports/First-Person Action...

See, my favorite titles have always been on XBox...if ever any of them go exclusively PS3, I might switch, but until they do, I'll stick with the xBox...

As soon as the TV is paid off, I think I'm going to buy a Blu Ray player anyway...
    My favorites have usually fallen into the sports simulation category. I love Madden, MLB, Tiger Woods Golf, NBA Live etc.

I'm also a big fan of driving simulators like Forza, and I love the Driver series.

Finally, I can't put down Splinter Cell, and I really enjoy the Rainbow 6 series, and other multi-player war simulations.

Not big on first-person shooters, and/or martial arts fighting games where the only object is to see how fast you can repeatedly hit all the buttons simultaneously.

i think the playing field is pretty level, but i agree that ps3 has to get the nod because of blu ray winning the format war.

i think you just need to ask yourself whether you want to play metal gear solid 4, killzone 2, and GTA4 or if you want to play Halo 3 and Gears of War 2..

everything else is pretty level, especially if you like sports games the most, as they are all multi-platform.

(my rommate has a ps3 and a 360 to go with my hdtv. it's a sweet setup. i personally play the ps3 more)
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

My favorites have usually fallen into the sports simulation category. I love Madden, MLB, Tiger Woods Golf, NBA Live etc.

I'm also a big fan of driving simulators like Forza, and I love the Driver series.

Finally, I can't put down Splinter Cell, and I really enjoy the Rainbow 6 series, and other multi-player war simulations.

Not big on first-person shooters, and/or martial arts fighting games where the only object is to see how fast you can repeatedly hit all the buttons simultaneously.
    I suck at first-person shooters. I own the original Forza, but don't play it as often as I should. Great game, though. I also am into the Tony Hawk series, though I haven't bought one for the next-gen yet.

I mostly play Madden, College Football, NBA Live and (soon) MLB 2K8.

XBox works perfectly fine for everything I want it for...

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

I've got a 360, and am a big fan of it. Not opposed to the PS3, just never been a Sony consoles gamer. I suck at most first person shooters, but I like them, and the majority of good games that aren't FPSs are multi-console. Also, someone here posted a link on a possible XBox 360 Blu Ray player bought separately from the console.

PS3 is supposed to have this crazy online universe thing called "Playstation Home" or something like that, with a crazy interface where you design a "home" based on your achievements in games and customizable features. PS3 is expected to outsell the 360 this year, though.

Really can't go wrong with either.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

12. The Following User High Fived Broncospsycho77 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncospsycho77 View Post
    PS3 is expected to outsell the 360 this year, though.

Really can't go wrong with either.
    i would expect ps3 to see a big jump in sales with the death of hddvd. it's still the best option available for people wanting to get into the high def market. it's a blu ray player that doubles as a great video game console!

my personal suggestion is to go with a ps3. both are great consoles, but ps3 has high def videos (and will continue to have them), and i personally prefer the sony game franchises over the 360's.
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived shank For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I personally have a ps3 but I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

NTL...I think the Blu Ray capability would push it over the edge for me...if I had had a choice between the 360 and the PS3 (I bought my 360 before the PS3 came out, and I bought fairly quickly because my xbox crapped out finally), I think I'd choose PS3 for that reason. Madden, College Football, Baseball, Tony Hawk...those types should never be restricted to one console...at least not for the foreseeable future.

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

I've had my PS3 for a few months now and I love it, haven't had any problems although it has hung up maybe once or twice, not sure why, I might have been over tasking it's processor or something. Anyway, it does just about everything...

Blu Ray player is great addition. Online gaming is fun and free. One really cool thing I just figured out is this DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) which allows me to stream my entire photo collection, entire music library and any movies I have downloaded, straight to the PS3 from my desktop computer or laptop! Load times are relatively fast too even for graphic intensive games and Blu ray discs.

I have heard Xbox 360 is more for hard core gamers if that's what you're into but I have no basis for comparison to back that up.

Good luck with whatever route you go.

19. The Following User High Fived Reidman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information