Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: PS3 or XBox 360

Adopted Bronco:
    Glenn Martinez

Quote Originally Posted by Benetto View Post

The PS3 is by far the more advanced, and user friendly system..
    FALSE

As far as game play, consistency, and visuals...The PS3 is also superior.
    TOTAL FALSE

The only thing the Xbox has the upper hand on, is the controller. Much better controller with the Xbox.
    THAT IS IT? WOW!

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Got my PS3 two days ago via UPS. I've been enjoying it so far. Bought NCAA 2008, Splinter Cell Double Agent, and MX vs. ATV Untamed.

I am impressed. I've enjoyed it so far, but just wish I had more games. Seriously, at $60 a pop it can put a dent in the budget to get a game library put together.

I've got to get a wireless router now so that I can play online. Can't wait for Grand Turismo 5.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Got my PS3 two days ago via UPS. I've been enjoying it so far. Bought NCAA 2008, Splinter Cell Double Agent, and MX vs. ATV Untamed.

I am impressed. I've enjoyed it so far, but just wish I had more games. Seriously, at $60 a pop it can put a dent in the budget to get a game library put together.

I've got to get a wireless router now so that I can play online. Can't wait for Grand Turismo 5.
    GT5's definitely one of the games that I'm waiting for, along with GTA IV..........

May even break the habit of a lifetime, and buy Madden 2 years on the bounce, as I'm still playing the PS2 version on my lad's PS3 :laugh
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

I've played both systems. Both are great. Personally, I'm happy I chose the 360. I like to play online and could give a crap less about blue ray so it was a pretty easy choice. IMO, the Xbox exclusives (like Mass Effect) are better games than the PS3 exclusives. Warhawk is the only PS3 game I've played that makes me regret not having a PS3. It really depends on what your "cup of tea" is really.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Bump for Slim.

I got the PS3 about 2 months ago. I just wish I had more time to play it.

6. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Bump for Slim.

I got the PS3 about 2 months ago. I just wish I had more time to play it.
    Thanks, NTL. I didn't know this thread was here
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

We still haven't set up that Warhawk Clan up...I will be on for sure tonight guys...I hope to see you guys online.

Slim, get the 360 so I can kick your ass
    I’m the hobbit.

10. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Slim, get the 360 so I can kick your ass
    So, how does the online thing work? Do I just need a wireless router? Anything else I need to get it up and running?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    So, how does the online thing work? Do I just need a wireless router? Anything else I need to get it up and running?
    For the PS3 it's got a built in wireless connection, and you just sign up for an account for free.

I'm not sure on the Xbox, but I know they charge for the Xbox Live membership.

13. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

For the PS3 it's got a built in wireless connection, and you just sign up for an account for free.

I'm not sure on the Xbox, but I know they charge for the Xbox Live membership.
    Sweet, I have done a little research and I can't decide if I want to get the 40MB or the 60MB. You said you got the 40, right?

15. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

NTL: Xbox live Silver is free.

Slim: If you have a cable modem you just need a normal router. You can use a wireless router but you'd have to get the adapter for the Xbox. Trust me on this one, any hard wired connection is better than wireless. Working for Comcast I got at least 2-3 calls every day from somebody with a 360 or PS3 trying to get it online. Wireless connections are a pain in the ass. Silver membership to xbox live is free, gold is like $7 a month but well worth it. Xbox live is WAY WAY better than PS3's online capabilities. Both systems are nice, the PS3 is more expensive, but comes with a blue ray player. If you want a blue ray player, get the PS3. If you want a better game library, get the 360.
    I’m the hobbit.

17. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

people say the controllers on xbox are better but what i have experienced is an erratic delay on the controllers. I cannot count how many sacks I have endured since i press the button and it register it later.
    That might be since the controllers are wireless, since the signals usually are unsteady on any wireless application. People still buy expensive wireless mouses for some reasons even though they are far away for true gameplay.
    As I have said before, my xbox is pretty much a piece of crap, but I dont think it has any problems on other hardware than the dvd player.

Other than the blueray player the best reason to buy a PS3 is not to support microsoft.
    waste of source coding, stupid support system and a very arrogant attitude to boot.

I wish Linux would become up to fifty fifty with windows in the future and have all the good games.

Quote Originally Posted by haroldthebarrel View Post
    people say the controllers on xbox are better but what i have experienced is an erratic delay on the controllers. I cannot count how many sacks I have endured since i press the button and it register it later.
    That might be since the controllers are wireless, since the signals usually are unsteady on any wireless application. People still buy expensive wireless mouses for some reasons even though they are far away for true gameplay.
    As I have said before, my xbox is pretty much a piece of crap, but I dont think it has any problems on other hardware than the dvd player.

Other than the blueray player the best reason to buy a PS3 is not to support microsoft.
    waste of source coding, stupid support system and a very arrogant attitude to boot.

I wish Linux would become up to fifty fifty with windows in the future and have all the good games.
    Trust me. I hate Microsoft, but I love my 360. Never had any issues. No red ring of death, no scratches, no controller issues. It has been flawless, as has my friend Gregs, who has owned his for around 16 months now. This is not to say that 360's don't have some issues, but so do PS3's. A lot of the time it's the game. Take GTA IV for instance, when it came out there was a bug on the PS3 so you couldn't load a saved game, no such issue on the 360. This was Rockstars fault, not Sonys.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Killer

Sweet, I have done a little research and I can't decide if I want to get the 40MB or the 60MB. You said you got the 40, right?

Difference is storage space for stuff you download from PSN...I bought the 60G system 2 years ago and still have 36+Gigs still available...If you are going to keep EVERY demo and trailer then get the 60 gig system...Otherwise save 100 or so bucks and get the 40G system..You won't need the extra 20 gigs...

A few new PS3 games have come out recently, so I haven't even turned on myXbox Elite for the past month or so....PS3 is definetly the way to go if you want simple/advanced gameplay..

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Benetto For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information