Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The trade Deadline thread for the 5 fans that care LOL

Default The trade Deadline thread for the 5 fans that care LOL

Post any trades here, I am sure Avs trades will be kept separately in other threads.

this is the Underrated 29, BroncoAv, ECF, pnbronco and Medford Bronco thread lol

My Canes have obtained Ruttu for Andrew Ladd.

I hope he helps us tonight vs a very good NJ team

(AP)—Carolina has acquired forward Tuomo Ruutu from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for left wing Andrew Ladd.

Tuesday’s deal came hours before the NHL’s trading deadline and gives the injury-depleted Hurricanes some depth at center as they push toward a berth in the playoffs.

Carolina general manager Jim Rutherford calls Tuomo “a versatile player who gives the coaches more options at center or wing.”

Ruutu is a 25-year-old who has six goals and 15 assists in 60 games with Chicago.

Ladd was the Hurricanes’ first-round draft pick in 2004 who was a key member of their second line along with Sergei Samsonov. He has registered four points in his last five games.

good thread sir. And great pick up for the canes. Ruttu is gonna blossom big time for them me thinks. Not that he isnt already a great player, but this boy gots some skills.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

3. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    good thread sir. And great pick up for the canes. Ruttu is gonna blossom big time for them me thinks. Not that he isnt already a great player, but this boy gots some skills.
    I hope so. Ladd has underachieved for the Canes IMO being the 4th overall pick in 2004.

I heard Ruutu is a big hitter and this is exactly what the Canes need

also good luck to Foote and the avs, hope for the best for you guys

5. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

How about the Lightning dumping their team? Time to rebuild in TB. san Jose got a steal in Campbell. The Avs could of got him, but they went the vetren, less salary route with Foote.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    How about the Lightning dumping their team? Time to rebuild in TB. san Jose got a steal in Campbell. The Avs could of got him, but they went the vetren, less salary route with Foote.
    I am just glad Campbell and Richards are out of the East now

here is hoping to lots of wins for the Avs, Pens and Canes

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

How about friggin Marion Hossa going to the Penguins?! By far the biggest deal of the day IMO.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Did not see that yet, they definitly have lots of fire power.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    How about friggin Marion Hossa going to the Penguins?! By far the biggest deal of the day IMO.
    Things just keep getting better. . . especially when we dump players who wouldn't be around in a year or two anyway.

We're stacked.

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Esposito can be really good, huge prospect, Armstong, pick, and Christensen round it out. If they can get Hossa signed after this year, then it definitly is a good move, if he is a rent a player and they fall short this year, deal hurts. Have to look at the upside.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm a big Hossa fan and I love watching Crosby. As long as the Pens don't have to play the Avs in the post season, ever, I root for 'em.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Man thats scary. The pens and sharks are going to be extremely tough to play agaisnt. Wow!

I still think the sharks will knock off the wings in the playoffs. But like med said I wouldnt mind if it was us in the 1st rd.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    ex-Bronco-Craig Morton

Default Oh boy oh boy oh boy!!!

WOW!! I didn't think that my Pens were gonna make ANY moves at all, then to see these trades?! WOW... not only Hossa but Hall Gill, 6-7 250 lb. defenseman from Toronto-just what they needed some more physical presence on the blueline. They gave up some picks and Army (Armstrong), Christensen and Esposito; Army hadn't been doing much, Christensen has a wicked wrist shot and Espo is in the minors but may be a good player in the future. I hope that they all "fit" the team; sometimes you try to "tweak" a talented team and it doesn't work, but I think this should be good. Can't wait till we play the Flyers now!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

yea, i just saw that. . . . dude should drop the "A" and just be hoss-- he's gonna be scary with sid the kid. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Esp, went too? I didn't see that. Aww, dang.

Adopted Bronco:

The Pens will have a ton of firepower for sure, but if Fleury of Conklin get cold, they'll need 5 or 6 goals a night.

The Avs seem to be living in a time warp. Are Forsberg and Foote going to be enough?

I'm loving my Stars pick up of Richards. On a line with Modano and Hagman, he can put up some serious numbers and he adds to our top ranked PK.

18. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information