I have nothing against the Stars
    and much to everyones dismay the Wings
    I like the Avs better though and would root for them

now the teams Med hates are the stupid dirty Flyers
    and the team coached by a jerk the Buffalo Slugs I mean Sabres

Adopted Bronco:
    ex-Bronco-Craig Morton

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    The Pens will have a ton of firepower for sure, but if Fleury of Conklin get cold, they'll need 5 or 6 goals a night.
    Hopefully Gill will be able to help out with that. It would really help if they got steady defenseman Mark Eaton back in the lineup. In a way, this trade reminds me of way back when with the trade for Francis, Ulf Samuelson and Grant Jennings. Hopefully the results will be the same!!

"LET'S GO PENS" Bring on them Flyers and Devils!!!!

6. The Following User High Fived East Coast Fan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Fan View Post
    Hopefully Gill will be able to help out with that. It would really help if they got steady defenseman Mark Eaton back in the lineup. In a way, this trade reminds me of way back when with the trade for Francis, Ulf Samuelson and Grant Jennings. Hopefully the results will be the same!!

"LET'S GO PENS" Bring on them Flyers and Devils!!!!
    Well, if Hossa and Crosby play like Jagr amd Lemieux...it's a possibility. The bonus is they have firepower behind those guys in Malkin. it'll be fun to watch them if nothing else.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    ex-Bronco-Craig Morton

Well, if Hossa and Crosby play like Jagr amd Lemieux...it's a possibility. The bonus is they have firepower behind those guys in Malkin. it'll be fun to watch them if nothing else.
    True. And don't forget Sykora and Staal and Gonchar. Hopefully there's chemistry with them all.

Adopted Bronco:

True. And don't forget Sykora and Staal and Gonchar. Hopefully there's chemistry with them all.
    Gonchar isn't what he use to be, but they are definately solid at forward an goalie right now. IMO, the jury is out on the defense.

Adopted Bronco:
    ex-Bronco-Craig Morton

Gonchar isn't what he use to be, but they are definately solid at forward an goalie right now. IMO, the jury is out on the defense.
    Well, Gonch is the key to the power play with that laser shot of his. And he's got 10 goals and 41 assists in 60 games so I'd say that he's productive. The defense was exposed last year in the Ottawa playoff series so let's hope that it has improved with Gill and again I'd feel better with Eaton in there. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Adopted Bronco:

Well, Gonch is the key to the power play with that laser shot of his. And he's got 10 goals and 41 assists in 60 games so I'd say that he's productive. The defense was exposed last year in the Ottawa playoff series so let's hope that it has improved with Gill and again I'd feel better with Eaton in there. Guess we'll just have to wait and see!
    I don't doubt Gonchar's offensive skills...like the rest of the team...it's the defense I question. I love having Zubov QB our PP, but is he the guy I want shutting down the top forwards? Hell no.

Adopted Bronco:
    ex-Bronco-Craig Morton

I don't doubt Gonchar's offensive skills...like the rest of the team...it's the defense I question. I love having Zubov QB our PP, but is he the guy I want shutting down the top forwards? Hell no.
    Yes, you're right. Gonch has gotten a little better defensively, but he can be a minus as much as a plus! And yes we had Zubov here for years-same type of player. Time will tell....

Adopted Bronco:

Yes, you're right. Gonch has gotten a little better defensively, but he can be a minus as much as a plus! And yes we had Zubov here for years-same type of player. Time will tell....
    Even with Dallas being a defensive oriented team...the Pens scare the hell out of me

Even with Dallas being a defensive oriented team...the Pens scare the hell out of me
    If I were Dallas I would be more scared of Anaheim first as they seem to have gotten their act together lately.

The Stars have a good team and can beat anybody but there are about 4-5 teams that could come out of the west.

Adopted Bronco:

What has killed us in recent years is the overall lack of scoring. That seems to have changed as we are 4th in the NHL in goals scored and 7th in goals per game, so as long as it stays that way and maybe improves with a stud like Richards, I'm feeling better about our chances.

Adopted Bronco:
    ex-Bronco-Craig Morton

I hope the rest of the Pens division feels that way....

I just want to see if the "chemistry" is there, which it should be. But several years ago they went out and got all of these "big name" players and it flopped. But they have the "core" team in place now, so adding Hossa and Gill and the other guy (Dupois?) should work out fine. I'm sure that Hossa will gel with Sid, Malkin, Staal, Sykora, etc. Imagine the power play now!!

I'm really impressed with Malkin; he really took it to heart to carry the team while Sid is out and he's really become a force.

I hope the rest of the Pens division feels that way....

I just want to see if the "chemistry" is there, which it should be. But several years ago they went out and got all of these "big name" players and it flopped. But they have the "core" team in place now, so adding Hossa and Gill and the other guy (Dupois?) should work out fine. I'm sure that Hossa will gel with Sid, Malkin, Staal, Sykora, etc. Imagine the power play now!!

I'm really impressed with Malkin; he really took it to heart to carry the team while Sid is out and he's really become a force.
    you guys are a serious Cup Contender that is for sure

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information