Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: MLB 08 Thread

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I was all excited about him starting, and me being "brilliant" and taking him in my fantasy draft...and then this. Thanks Joe Torre.
    It happens. Don't let the first run through the rotation get to you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It happens. Don't let the first run through the rotation get to you.
    Oh no...not getting rid of Billingsley ever, he's a stud.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Clayton Kershaw is a stud... Billingsley will be carrying Clay's luggage by the end of next year.
    [

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MHCBill View Post
    Clayton Kershaw is a stud... Billingsley will be carrying Clay's luggage by the end of next year.
    Unfortunately...we have to live in the now.

What the hell did the Dodgers do to Billingsley last night

Not pitch him because of possible weather (not a bad move) only to put him in later, have him pitch 1/3 of an inning when the rain hit? Seriously...Joe Torre?
    It was actually Honeycutt's idea. Torre thought it was good and decided to start Kuo, saving Billingsley for Friday. Bochy thought that was good so he did the same thing. Only when Bochy decided to put Lincecum in in the 4th, Torre had to copy that and get Billingsley throwing in the pen. Only to put him in in the 5th.

The lesson to be learned here ladies and gentlemen:
    A good idea followed by a bad idea is worse than no idea at all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by In-com-plete View Post
    It was actually Honeycutt's idea. Torre thought it was good and decided to start Kuo, saving Billingsley for Friday. Bochy thought that was good so he did the same thing. Only when Bochy decided to put Lincecum in in the 4th, Torre had to copy that and get Billingsley throwing in the pen. Only to put him in in the 5th.

The lesson to be learned here ladies and gentlemen:
    A good idea followed by a bad idea is worse than no idea at all.
    You don't fool around with a starter like that. That was a bad choice for the Dodgers. Luckily it only affected one start, but it just wasn't that bright. Now, they've used up two starters on one day, and one is either going to be pitching on too little rest, or they are going to have to spot start someone.

And, it might have cost them a game against a lowly Giants team, and every in-division game in the NL West is really going to count this year.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Yankees | Girardi allowing music in locker room
    Thu, 3 Apr 2008 07:45:27 -0700

The New York Times' Tyler Kepner reports New York Yankees manager Joe Girardi lets his players play music in the clubhouse. Former manager Joe Torre did not, with a couple of exceptions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Coach...

You have MLB TV (online) right...

Do you like it...Do you have premium? I like the idea of the player tracker and the six games at once.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Good lord...he's not even playing and Fox wants to talk about him...Barry Bonds that is...

Adopted Bronco:

Coach...

You have MLB TV (online) right...

Do you like it...Do you have premium? I like the idea of the player tracker and the six games at once.
    From a logical stance...no...it's not really worth the money. Mainly because I don't have a 42" computer monitor and I don't always watch every game that's on.

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Smoltz v. Santana today. TBS.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Well, damn...apparently TBS isn't covering just the Braves this year

Jays-Red Sox instead.

Oh well, still a hell of a pitching matchup, Halliday vs. Beckett.
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 04-06-2008 at 12:11 PM.

Orioles | Team may use 13-man pitching staff
    Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:03:22 -0700

Spencer Fordin, of Orioles.MLB.com, reports Baltimore Orioles manager Dave Trembley said he is considering going to a 13-man pitching staff at some point because he does not want to overwork any of his relievers. "I thought about it in Spring Training and I'm still thinking about it now, because I don't want to overburden the guys. I don't want to use guys three or four days in a row, which I will stay away from. I don't want to get guys up and not bring them in the game. But really, that question will be answered depending on how your starting pitchers do," Trembley said.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG30 View Post
    Orioles | Team may use 13-man pitching staff
    Tue, 8 Apr 2008 13:03:22 -0700

Spencer Fordin, of Orioles.MLB.com, reports Baltimore Orioles manager Dave Trembley said he is considering going to a 13-man pitching staff at some point because he does not want to overwork any of his relievers. "I thought about it in Spring Training and I'm still thinking about it now, because I don't want to overburden the guys. I don't want to use guys three or four days in a row, which I will stay away from. I don't want to get guys up and not bring them in the game. But really, that question will be answered depending on how your starting pitchers do," Trembley said.
    Haven't really needed the extended bullpen much so far. I was at the Rangers home opener yesterday...this is the only 3 games where the O's are in Texas this year. 6-1 so far...just waiting for the ship to sink.

Miguel Tejada admitted to Astros GM Ed Wade that he is actually 33, two years older than listed in his baseball records.

Like many poor kids from Caribbean countries, Tejada was encouraged to lie about his age when he signed with the Oakland A's in 1993. The interesting thing is that all his legal papers in the United States reflect his actual birthday. It's doubtful that any team that's thought about acquiring him over the years is particularly surprised by this news. Apr. 17 - 12:47 pm et
    Source: Houston Chronicle

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information