Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 08 Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    My fantasy team will be full of these guys. Saves a ton of cap space for my sluggers.
    I never have played in an auction league/or a cap league...

But drafting these guys later in the draft in Rotisserie is going to help you anyway...of course, the only place you have to worry with those guys is wins.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    I never have played in an auction league/or a cap league...

But drafting these guys later in the draft in Rotisserie is going to help you anyway...of course, the only place you have to worry with those guys is wins.
    True, but I'm pretty sure all of them had at least 12 or 13 wins last season. No guarantee they do it again, but in a cap league...they pay off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

True, but I'm pretty sure all of them had at least 12 or 13 wins last season. No guarantee they do it again, but in a cap league...they pay off.
    Actually, I was surprised when I looked up Batista, I think he was 16-11...meaning he got a ton of decisions and went late into games. Later into games = more Ks, but it can also mean a few more runs.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

ESPN's Seattle/Fantasy Preview says Batista shouldn't be drafted...IDK...Baseball Prospectus projects him out at 7-10 with a 4.77 ERA this year. I wonder if he falls off that much?

Adopted Bronco:

Actually, I was surprised when I looked up Batista, I think he was 16-11...meaning he got a ton of decisions and went late into games. Later into games = more Ks, but it can also mean a few more runs.
    The positive is that he plays in a pitchers ballpark. The negative is his age. Never know when he's going to break down. On the other hand, he is one of those crafty older guys with a rubber arm that you like in the middle of the rotation. A guy like him in the 3 spot behind Hernandez and Bedard is pretty solid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I've got some reading to do before I join some leagues this year...I usually play three teams on ESPN...

Adopted Bronco:

I've got some reading to do before I join some leagues this year...I usually play three teams on ESPN...
    If you can find a league that uses a mock cap, give it a try. It prevents people from loading up with complete all-star teams and it's alot of fun. You can have an Alex Rodriguez and Ryan Howard on the same team, but you won't have too many other studs. It adds a little something to the league as opposed to everyone having All-World teams.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Do you play online Coach, or do you have buddies you play with down there?

Adopted Bronco:

Do you play online Coach, or do you have buddies you play with down there?
    I use to do alot on-line, but it got to the point where I'd forget to keep up with it as much as I should have. Now, I mostly get into leagues at the bar that I play darts at. I helped run it last year and that was a complete pain in the ass. It's easy to get tired of reading EVERY box score EVERY day

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I use to do alot on-line, but it got to the point where I'd forget to keep up with it as much as I should have. Now, I mostly get into leagues at the bar that I play darts at. I helped run it last year and that was a complete pain in the ass. It's easy to get tired of reading EVERY box score EVERY day
    No kidding...

I'll help run a football league...but baseball...hell no. That's why online has always suited me.

Adopted Bronco:

Here's another cheap option. Josh Hamilton playing in Texas. Kid should probably hit about 40 HR's in that environment if he stays healthy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Here's another cheap option. Josh Hamilton playing in Texas. Kid should probably hit about 40 HR's in that environment if he stays healthy.
    Geeze...40?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Dammit...I can't remember my bp.com password...and I'm at work...

Adopted Bronco:

Well, last year was his first full season and he hit 19 in less than 300 AB's. If he can get 550-600 AB's in a hitters ballpark in TX, I don't see why 40 would be out of the question.

Michael Young was talking the other day about how in the last few years he's seen Mark Texiera, ARod, Carlos Lee, Sosa, etc. and he's never seen the ball get driven by any of them the way Hamilton hits it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Carlos Delgado was sent to New York on Saturday for an MRI on a sore right hip.

The Mets may regret not bringing in more insurance for Delgado this year, though that's something they still could address before Opening Day. Delgado missed 2 1/2 weeks late last season with a strained right hip flexor. The Mets are saying that they don't believe his current injury is serious, but the truth is that he's having trouble bouncing back from even minor problems at this stage in his career. Mar. 1 - 12:50 pm et
    Source: Newsday
    [

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information