Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: More Avs trading

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    I live in New Mexico and I get it with out having to get the sports package, FSNRM and Altitude. I just want to try and help people see what they want!!
    I agree but in some states the blackout the non-local teams as it has happened to me before.

I like your set up though

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm going to call my cable provider, or lack thereof, and see if I can figure out a way to get Altitude since I can't get NHL Center Ice.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i actually get altitude with my directv package, but they black out the avs and nuggets games. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

That's bullshit.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    That's bullshit.
    i know, tell me about it. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

That's bullshit.
    its called the NHL owning the rights to their games so they can sell them on a package similar to what the NFL, NBA and MLB does

it does suck but is a fact of life.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

... OMG. I've attended a few Columbus Blue Jackets games here and there to see Foote after he was picked up by the Blue Jackets... and now he's back on my favorite team! This is ridiculously good. Attendance is gonna skyrocket for the Avs; it'll be great, just repace Tanguay with Stastny and Ray Borque with Svatos (not exact positions, but in terms of starpower) and there is a mirror image of the last championship team.

Hope this gives us that extra surge.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Dude, you can't compare Ray Bourque to any of those other names you mentioned. That guy is a legend.

9. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Infallible Matt McChesney

Dude, you can't compare Ray Bourque to any of those other names you mentioned. That guy is a legend.
    Not comparing, just showing lineup to lineup in terms of talent. I'm pumped though.
    Quote Originally Posted by OaklandRaider View Post
    But what can you say to an intelligent Raider fan?

Adopted Bronco:

QFT

of course, borque was only an av for a year-and-a-half, and they never had any trouble selling tickets before he came or after he left. . . .
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

SR--

I responded to you in the "High School Sports in Colorado" thread a few weeks ago but I think it got lost... You said you played in a tourney in the Springs back in '02... I played in a tourney there as well. We ended up tying a team from Houston that was a favorite to win it all... I was gonna ask what team you were playing on back in the day?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Buff_bronc_fan View Post
    SR--

I responded to you in the "High School Sports in Colorado" thread a few weeks ago but I think it got lost... You said you played in a tourney in the Springs back in '02... I played in a tourney there as well. We ended up tying a team from Houston that was a favorite to win it all... I was gonna ask what team you were playing on back in the day?
    I played for Mountain Ridge High School. I think it was '02. It may have been '01. We were there for a regional tournament, but we also played in regionals in Dallas one year, Salt Lake City one year, and Albuquerque another. Sometimes I get confused as to which year we played where. I know it was in '02 when we won state.

I mean it's cool and all, but I am not that crazy about it. The Forsberg/Foote moves seems more like a gimmick to get people into seats than anything else. Don't get me wrong, I loved Foote when he was here (I got a jersey of his), but giving up a first round pick for Foote is stupid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I mean it's cool and all, but I am not that crazy about it. The Forsberg/Foote moves seems more like a gimmick to get people into seats than anything else. Don't get me wrong, I loved Foote when he was here (I got a jersey of his), but giving up a first round pick for Foote is stupid.
    It's not stupid. We needed to shore up our D and we needed some grit. With all of the injuries we've had this year, it most certainly won't hurt us by signing Foote. We also got Salei and he's pretty badass. Those moves were low risk with a potential big reward. Foote and Salei have the grit we were missing and if Forsberg can play at 80% of what he used to, he's still better than 90% of the players in the game.

A first for foote is a bummer but we need him. Big time.

as far as a mirror image- dont forget ROY- thats the biggest difference betweent he two teams is the goaltending.

I played for my highschool in '03 and went to some tourneys, but none were inthe springs so i doubt i skated against you folk.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information