Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: who could we least afford to lose?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Default who could we least afford to lose?

I was just thinking about worst case scenario. If one of our starters went down and was lost for the season. Who do you think if lost would be the biggest hit to us?

I remember when Jay took off and went head first trying to get to the endzone in the pre season. I remember holding my breath. That is why I thought of this question.

For me it would have to be Cutler. There are other's who we can't afford to lose, Henry, Walker, etc, etc but even if we lost one of those guys I would still have hope. But if we lost Cutler IMO our season is over!

"Stick a fork in am baby they are done!!!" over!

Please someone tell me I am wrong and we would have a chance with Ramsey.

Don't get me wrong, I really do like Ramsey. I just feel there is a reason he is a backup. Your thought's please

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

Quote Originally Posted by fcspikeit View Post
    I was just thinking about worst case scenario. If one of our starters went down and was lost for the season. Who do you think if lost would be the biggest hit to us?

I remember when Jay took off and went head first trying to get to the endzone in the pre season. I remember holding my breath. That is why I thought of this question.

For me it would have to be Cutler. There are other's who we can't afford to lose, Henry, Walker, etc, etc but even if we lost one of those guys I would still have hope. But if we lost Cutler IMO our season is over!

"Stick a fork in am baby they are done!!!" over!

Please someone tell me I am wrong and we would have a chance with Ramsey.

Don't get me wrong, I really do like Ramsey. I just feel there is a reason he is a backup. Your thought's please
    i completely agree, we would be screwed if Cutler went down,lets not even think about it . . . knock on wood
    ------
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    ------

lepsis 3

with out him the running game and pass protection is screwed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    lepsis 3

yep-- we saw what happened last year. . .

where the hell's the knock on wood smilie??
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    lepsis 3

Agreed, but if there is no Cutler our passing game is screwed, and along with that comes 8-9 guys in the box. Then we can kiss our running game

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

I think we would be screwed if we lost Champ Bailey, the best CB in the NFL.

I do not think Patrick Ramsey is that bad. With our running game he would do okay.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post

I do not think Patrick Ramsey is that bad. With our running game he would do okay.
    Losing Champ would be a blow for sure!

But other teams win without having the best CB and we do have Foxy. He is no Champ but IMO he would do in a pinch

But it does give me a little hope knowing someone feels we could survive without Cutler

Geez, our backup is Patrick Ramsey. Did anyone watch the preseason?

I think this hypothetical question actually has a factual answer, which is Jay Cutler.

The dropoff from Champ to Foxworth, Lynch to Abdullah, Gold to Williams to Webster to new SAM, Walker to Stokley, Lepsis to Pears at LT to Kuper at RT, Henry to Young or whoever, is nothing compared to the dropoff from Cutler to Ramsey.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I disagree. Bly and Fox would still be one of the better CB tandems in the league and we would still be good on defense.

As for Ramsey, did you watch him in the preseason? He was downright horrible against backups. Imagine what would happen against the Chargers or Bears defense. Defenses would just stack the box to stop Henry and make Ramsey beat them, which he wouldn't/

Therefore, I believe that Cutler is the player we could least afford to lose this season.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    where the hell's the knock on wood smilie??

You mean among those thousands of smilies, there's not one? OK - who messed up?

As for this question, I agree with those who say Cutler. Even if you discount the pre-season (which I pretty much do), Patrick Ramsey has shown absolutely no abillity in his career to lead an NFL team. So little, in fact, I am fairly confident that if Jay got injured early enough in the season Shanny would dig up another QB from somewhere.

Another thing to consider is that a Cutler injury early in the season would put our entire organization a year behind schedule. This kid needs playing time, not rehab time.

I'm with you for sure on that one Med. Best CB in the NFL and a top 5 player in the entire NFL.

It's funny cause some people will say Foxworth sucks and we have one of, if not the, best backup QB in the league. Then they'll turn around and say Foxworth isn't really that bad and Ramsey blows when it's a conversation like this.

Champ means more to this team than anyone who's wore the blue and orange since #7 retired.

*Edit:
    I guess it's how you look at it really. Like Cali said, losing Cutler doesn't just hurt right now. It hurts the future. I agree with that 100%. But if it's for a week or two, Champs loss would be more catastrophic.
    Last edited by In-com-plete; 09-07-2007 at 08:30 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Cutler. Losing your starting QB is always the worst unless your starting QB is a scrub to begin with.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

Quote Originally Posted by In-com-plete View Post
    I'm with you for sure on that one Med. Best CB in the NFL and a top 5 player in the entire NFL.

It's funny cause some people will say Foxworth sucks and we have one of, if not the, best backup QB in the league. Then they'll turn around and say Foxworth isn't really that bad and Ramsey blows when it's a conversation like this.

Champ means more to this team than anyone who's wore the blue and orange since #7 retired.

*Edit:
    I guess it's how you look at it really. Like Cali said, losing Cutler doesn't just hurt right now. It hurts the future. I agree with that 100%. But if it's for a week or two, Champs loss would be more catastrophic.
    Well,, at least your consistent

Seeing your name I figured it would be anyone but Cutler.

You make it sound like we can't win without Champ. The funny thing is, most teams don't have the best CB in the NFL and they survive. Yet when you look at the QB position the teams without a good player playing that position are among the worst in the league every year.

Cutler is nowhere near the top of the QB position. But his lose would impact us more then losing Champ

Well,, at least your consistent

Seeing your name I figured it would be anyone but Cutler.

You make it sound like we can't win without Champ. The funny thing is, most teams don't have the best CB in the NFL and they survive. Yet when you look at the QB position the teams without a good player playing that position are among the worst in the league every year.

Cutler is nowhere near the top of the QB position. But his lose would impact us more then losing Champ
    Yes but you have to understand this team has become dependant on Champ Bailey. If we were to lose Champ Bailey for a long period of time then the team would lose confidence. Maybe players that are stronger mentally wont (John Lynch for example) but I'm sure the young guys wouldn't be so confident. Also if our defensive line takes abit of time to "gel" then Quarterbacks will have years to throw which means having the best cornerback in the league is needed if we are to have a chance.

I actually think that if Jay Cutler or Champ Bailey go down then we are in alot of trouble.

Also if Lepsis goes down then we have to play Pears at LT and Meadows ( NOT GOOD!!) at RT. Lepsis is also a good pass blocker on a not so good pass blocking offensive line. I'll put it like this, if Lepsis gets injured then so does Cutler.
    Last edited by Retired_Member_001; 09-07-2007 at 10:21 AM.

Hey preseason to me means nothing. I live in Boston where Michael Bishop was
    a preseason stud. where did that get him

Yes Ramsey has a far from stellar NFL career. but here he will have a lot of support. Also having a strong d when your starting QB gets hurt is tantamount to success.

Not that we would win the Bowl with Ramsey, of course not but we should be able to tread water I think just my 2 cents

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information