Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Not ready to post in Boss's thread, BUT...

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Default Not ready to post in Boss's thread, BUT...

Stewart is a badass. I love the guy. However, I am having trouble deciding between he and Mendenhall. Both are big, cut, gunned up goons who can tote the rock and as evidenced by the 40 times, both are basically the same speed. JS is bigger and more powerful inside. This would help our goalline issues. However RM is smoother in his cuts and would seem to be a better fit. Decisions...decisions.

I'd take either one and not be mad. But I'd prefer Mendenhall because he can hit the cutback and run downhill on you. I'd be happy either way though. Get Cutler weapons!

Honestly though drafting a LT in RD1 and Forte in RD2 or 3 would be even better!

3. The Following User High Fived Scarface For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I'd wait on OT. See what Harris can do. If he fails, we go all out for a stud OT in 2009.

5. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I'd wait on OT. See what Harris can do. If he fails, we go all out for a stud OT in 2009.
    No way dude. Bookend it. Draft a stud and have them compete for the LT spot. Loser gets RT. Cutler and our offense would be the beneficiary.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Scarface For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    No way dude. Bookend it. Draft a stud and have them compete for the LT spot. Loser gets RT. Cutler and our offense would be the beneficiary.
    14 of the last 22 left tackles on Super Bowl team (12 Super Bowls) were drafted by the team they played for in the Super Bowl in the first round. 18 were drafted in the first round, and four were later acquired by their team.

It's no joke, people, LT is a prime position, and the Broncos need one, bad...Clady/Otah...just do it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post
    14 of the last 22 left tackles on Super Bowl team (12 Super Bowls) were drafted by the team they played for in the Super Bowl in the first round. 18 were drafted in the first round, and four were later acquired by their team.

It's no joke, people, LT is a prime position, and the Broncos need one, bad...Clady/Otah...just do it.
    Yep. How badass was it when we had Zimm and T-Bone? Bookend it Shanny. I'd prefer Clady/Alberts/or Williams but wouldn't be upset with Otah.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Scarface For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rockwell Moreno

Quote Originally Posted by MissouriBronc View Post

Its not that people are unaware of what youre saying. Theres clearly value there but Shanahan has also suggested he will want to give Harris a shot in his last press conference...and at the same time, he said Young and Hall arent bellcows. Yeah, I know Henrys contract was reworked but that makes it easier to cut him if we find someone better. And if not LT, RB is the position of value at 12.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    Its not that people are unaware of what youre saying. Theres clearly value there but Shanahan has also suggested he will want to give Harris a shot in his last press conference...and at the same time, he said Young and Hall arent bellcows. Yeah, I know Henrys contract was reworked but that makes it easier to cut him if we find someone better. And if not LT, RB is the position of value at 12.
    I see it as a complete reach. That clearly isn't the popular opinion, but I see both as reaches. I see two potential LTs in Otah and Clady in a complete position of need, and I feel we need to pull the trigger.

Why? Because the running back is a reflection of the offensive line. Adrian Peterson is a stud, and I will tout myself for calling his praises last year, but let's not kid about the left side of the Minnesota offensive line, it's spectacular, and that made him a superstar. There are no Barry Sanders left, you need an offensive line. Mendenhall and Stewart are not Sanders. Therefore a solid left tackle is more important, imo.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Then why did we draft Harris?

He has to be given the shot first.

We will not be competing for a deep run into the playoffs this year so find out where Harris is at.

Get the stud RB now while we draft this high and have our offensive weaons set for the next 5-8 years.

Let Harris play and then make the decision whether or not we need to get a different LT. We may have a stud LT right now... we have to find out first.
    [

16. The Following User High Fived MHCBill For This Post:

It's funny how people say that Mendenhall can hit the cut lanes better and that he is more agile, yet Stewart did better in every drill he did except the forty, 4.45 to Stewarts 4.48 is the only difference.

Stewart is just as fast and he is bigger and stronger... I think he would actually be just as good if not better at hitting the cut back lanes.

Adopted Bronco:

I'm on the Stewart bandwagon, but I'd prefer the LT first. Regardless of who our back is, the offense will revolve around Jay and his health is more of a concern to me than a stud RB at the moment.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Quote Originally Posted by MHCBill View Post
    Then why did we draft Harris?

He has to be given the shot first.

We will not be competing for a deep run into the playoffs this year so find out where Harris is at.

Get the stud RB now while we draft this high and have our offensive weaons set for the next 5-8 years.

Let Harris play and then make the decision whether or not we need to get a different LT. We may have a stud LT right now... we have to find out first.
    Again, why did we draft Harris?
    [

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MHCBill View Post
    Again, why did we draft Harris?
    Good question. My opinion is that if we are going to draft long term protection for Cutler, it has to be a stud in the first round. Let Harris compete for the job, but right now, I'd prefer a day 1 starter like Clady, etc. at LT and Harris at RT if he can handle it. Anything that keeps Pears off the field is fine by me

When was the last time we had a stud 1st round pick protecting Elway or any of the other QB's that have played in Denver?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BOSSHOGG30 View Post
    When was the last time we had a stud 1st round pick protecting Elway or any of the other QB's that have played in Denver?
    Exactly. Seems like it might be a decent investment for a change

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information