Thread: What do you think.

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

Default What do you think.

I know our DT's need strong guys who play the run can stand people up and play both gaps. and while there are not alot of Big beefy guys coming out next year. what is the chances that denver could pick up a OG with size that could play the NT position of course it would have to be a late round guy. But seriously what do you all think of something like this. we dont need guys that penetrate we need guys that will keep Lineman and what not off the LB's maybe i am outta my mind but i think i would give it a whirl

Feel free to flame me to china if need be

Quote Originally Posted by broncosinindy View Post
    I know our DT's need strong guys who play the run can stand people up and play both gaps. and while there are not alot of Big beefy guys coming out next year. what is the chances that denver could pick up a OG with size that could play the NT position of course it would have to be a late round guy. But seriously what do you all think of something like this. we dont need guys that penetrate we need guys that will keep Lineman and what not off the LB's maybe i am outta my mind but i think i would give it a whirl

They pay entirely differently, I used to play OG and to switch over the DT, I do not think so. It take a different type of personality to play DT.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by broncosinindy View Post

Do you have anyone in mind?

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Do you have anyone in mind?
    Not in particular. I was just going through the possible enterants into the draft next year and see some really large fellas on the oline. I know there are differances in play but. it takes a mean streak to play the oline or dline. and well in Jim bates system his Tackles play much like olineman. i think if it possible to get guys that play basketball to play tight end it might not be much of a stretch to see a offensive lineman play DT. and i would say that some of these guys played two way in highschool. i know it would be a project but i would be intrested to see if the broncos could take a flyer on a FA from next years draft and try him out.

But ill keep my eye out and report back

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    They pay entirely differently, I used to play OG and to switch over the DT, I do not think so. It take a different type of personality to play DT.
    I am not bashing or calling you out. just looking for a little insight. give it to a guy that has never played either position. care to share a little detail in what you mean

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information