Thread: Cuban not happy about facing Cowboys

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Cuban not happy about facing Cowboys

Guess the NFL was not told they needed to check with Cuban before they scheduled the playoffs

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba...ory?id=4768827

DALLAS -- Mavericks owner Mark Cuban is firing criticism at a league office again, but this time he has the NFL in his crosshairs.

Cuban is upset that the NFL scheduled the Dallas Cowboys' home playoff game against the Philadelphia Eagles for Saturday night, which conflicts with the Mavericks' home game against the Utah Jazz.

"I know we're just little pissants compared to the NFL, but seriously, the NFL is turning into the ugly American when it comes to sports leagues," Cuban said. "They don't give a crap about anybody but themselves."

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello declined to respond to Cuban's comments.

The Mavericks' sellout streak of 334 consecutive games is not in jeopardy Saturday night because all the tickets have already been sold, Cuban said. However, he anticipates a high number of no-shows.

Cuban had nothing but praise for Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, his partner in bringing the NBA All-Star Game to Cowboys Stadium in February. However, Cuban lashed out at the NFL, which he said could lose the political support of other professional sports leagues if it continues to be inconsiderate with its scheduling.

"There's a balance between all the leagues," Cuban said. "They deal with similar issues. They deal with issues with copyright, antitrust, [Federal Communications Commission], all kinds of things. And it's going to bite them in the ass one day."

Cuban concluded with a jab at the NFL.

"Maybe the other leagues, when it comes to supporting them, will pull a Jim Irsay and disappear in the middle of the night," Cuban said, referring to the Colts' move from Baltimore to Indianapolis that was actually orchestrated by Jim Irsay's father Bob in 1984.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Dina moe humm--------greatest song ever

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived pumpdoc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Yeah, it's whining, but he does have a point. The scheduling doesnt really affect us as fans because we can choose which to attend, but owners can get the shaft

5. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Yeah, it's whining, but he does have a point. The scheduling doesnt really affect us as fans because we can choose which to attend, but owners can get the shaft
    From article:

"The Mavericks' sellout streak of 334 consecutive games is not in jeopardy Saturday night because all the tickets have already been sold, Cuban said. However, he anticipates a high number of no-shows."

I do not even see where he has a legitimate point. The NFL schedules coincide with the networks. And how many games will Cuban's team still have left to play after this game?

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

The NBA regular season is entirely pointless anyway. It exists solely to eliminate the Clippers, Grizzlies and a handful of others. Any team with half a pulse makes the playoffs so why go watch two teams go through the motions? The NBA season doesn't start until April so Cuban can **** as far as I'm concerned.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Having empty seats isn't a good thing for any successful team in any sports. I see where he is coming from, but the NFL has to fit 4 games in somewhere. 2 Saturday and 2 Sunday. Hell, just be happy for your city that they have a legitimate shot at something special.

That guy whines about anything and everything, doesn't he? I'd be sick of his face by now if he was a Denver guy.

9. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

From an image standpoint, having an arena with half the seats empty may not look good - but it is a sellout, so he has the $$$$$$ in his pocket. And it's a game early in January, it's not like his team is deep in the playoffs.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

I think the NBA season plays about 100 billion games a year, doesn't it? I'm sure he'll find some games to make up for it somewhere.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Maybe if the Mavericks didnt choke so much they could garner more support.

Cuban is just a whiner period. The NBA today is just terrible and nowhere near as great as NFL football. Cuban can blow me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Cuban's just butthurt that the NFL > NBA.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information