View Poll Results: Would You Want A CP System Installed

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • Heck Yes I Do!!!

20 34.48%
  • No, all it does it cause problems

31 53.45%
  • NP i would be happy the background is a nice blue instead of blinding white light burning my retinas

7 12.07%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: ***Official CP Debate Thread*** with full action poll!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

its nice to know i get listened to as much - as bm - i thought i had a good idea with earning icons u can place unders your av/title

they can be for longevity only
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    i posted it on page 1...more towards the bottom. look at www.sherdog.com
    they have the same concept but its a belt that changes colors the more you post. anyway i thinks its pretty cool and doesnt involve cps.
    Sorry for missing that. The last few days have really been the first time I have been able to start reading threads/posts on a regular basis. Between the forum startup issues that were non-stop for a couple weeks, and then being out of town for work last weekend (Thurs-Mon), I'm way behind on posts.

I just went and looked at that.

Basing things (title, symbol, etc.) on post count also could have some negative, the biggest being that forums that do that sometimes people that post just to raise their post count. You see posts that say, "only 3 more to 1,000", "Only 2 more posts fo 1,000" "My 1,000 Post....!!!!!"

Just throwing that out as a possible negative to post count based (which I think is the most common in forums) ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    its nice to know i get listened to as much - as bm - i thought i had a good idea with earning icons u can place unders your av/title

they can be for longevity only
    See my post above this one, below yours. I just have not had time to follow ANY threads fully, due to forum and work responsibilities. Hopeing that will be different from this point forward and am trying to catch up.

I wouldn't mind.....not sure I was thrilled about not having access to certain parts of the forums like BM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chica_Ang View Post
    Could there be some system where we can "give" something, but doesn't necessarily accumulate? thank you.
    I know this is an older post, but I wanted to both respond to this and bump this thread.

Specifically, in response to Chica's question, I am researching what options we actually have, such as a way to 'give' something, without any points accumulating.

So, we are looking into all of the options, and have also read the posts in this thread (and a couple others before it), which show that most people either don't want a system or could take it or leave it, so we are trying to see what options there are, such as can we implement a system that didn't have the bad features associated with CP on BM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I've said this before but I'll say it again, it really doesn't matter to me so long as we don't go to the bland white background.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I've said this before but I'll say it again, it really doesn't matter to me so long as we don't go to the bland white background.
    YO, TX on my screen it was anything BUT BLAND. I think you have your B words mixed up.

Blinding perhaps, bland NO.

I DONT HAVE THE TIME to read through all the pages so i might be repeating some here, but my take is this.

i like the cps. as we know over at bm i was not the posting fav, i was not well known, and still not really. i dont care though, i post when i want, or to add something new, or speak my mind- otherwise i'm just cathing up on the broncos. i like it though because when i read something funny or good or etc. i dont want to make a reply 3 pages later telling them lol or whatever.

and the only other thing i like about them is for payment- for example showoff, he is like one of a few sig makers on board here, and quite a few peole have requested his services, now i know he likes to make them as its like a hobby, but that many people and that many sigs is a lot, and he has a life too. so i would like to say thanks with some cps for the hardwork.

if we go no cp- i really wont care, those are just the couple of things i like about them.

hope i wasnt to repetative
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Add CPs but add no special rewards for gaining CP bars(No Locker Room). They are great as a form of currency for bets etc but bad for determining which users get what. This eliminates many potential problems that could be caused by CPs while still allowing us to have them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Well, I have to say there have been numerous times now since posting here where I've wanted to give CP (or similar) to very good posts. I also think that most who are here are mature, responsible posters who would not take advantage of or allow a contribution systme to ruin the board.

In reality, maybe it's the giving part that attracts us to the system in the first place. I know I wouldn't really care about receiving them but I don't like that I can't reward someone for an exceptional post.

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    Well, I have to say there have been numerous times now since posting here where I've wanted to give CP (or similar) to very good posts. I also think that most who are here are mature, responsible posters who would not take advantage of or allow a contribution systme to ruin the board.

In reality, maybe it's the giving part that attracts us to the system in the first place. I know I wouldn't really care about receiving them but I don't like that I can't reward someone for an exceptional post.
    Hopefully tomorrow, I will be posting information on a proposed system that we have been working on.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Sorry for missing that. The last few days have really been the first time I have been able to start reading threads/posts on a regular basis. Between the forum startup issues that were non-stop for a couple weeks, and then being out of town for work last weekend (Thurs-Mon), I'm way behind on posts.

I just went and looked at that.

Basing things (title, symbol, etc.) on post count also could have some negative, the biggest being that forums that do that sometimes people that post just to raise their post count. You see posts that say, "only 3 more to 1,000", "Only 2 more posts fo 1,000" "My 1,000 Post....!!!!!"

Just throwing that out as a possible negative to post count based (which I think is the most common in forums) ranks.

yeah you have a point...then people get all nerdy about it.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

I am closing this thread, as there is a proposed recognition/contribution system located in the following thread:

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2123

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information