View Poll Results: Would You Want A CP System Installed

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • Heck Yes I Do!!!

20 34.48%
  • No, all it does it cause problems

31 53.45%
  • NP i would be happy the background is a nice blue instead of blinding white light burning my retinas

7 12.07%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official CP Debate Thread*** with full action poll!!!

Default ***Official CP Debate Thread*** with full action poll!!!

ok guys this is a topic of hot discussion right now in thos forum.

as it stands right now there is no official CPs, the questions are

would you like a CP system and what type if yes

voice your opinion here so Tned can have it easily at hand

np stands for no preference
    Last edited by SBboundBRONCOS; 09-06-2007 at 11:58 PM.
    ------
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    ------

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

"It's whateva."

Adopted Bronco:
    Billy Thompson

i personally would love a cp system because:

1) i get instant gratification from passing them out
    2) with pm's only, i'm not as likely to write someone if i like/dislike a post/thread
    3) its fun to see where i'm earning them, too
    4) they are like cyber hugs to me

Thanks Mastershake!

Adopted Bronco:
    #27 Steve Atwater

I have mixed reactions. i think that if they impliment a CP system. it would cause drama. i think if they add the CP i would also like to see a VBET sort of thing so maybe the CP betting wont occur. i am not sure on the price of these programs and i dont want to put a fincial burden on Tned. I think it brings alot to the boards when we get bored. I know alot of people dont like the CP thing, but if they dont have that it willend up with post count as who is cool or not. leave it up to us fans to be so superficial. But in the end i could live with it either way.

and with the final verdict ill be here eithe rway.

No CP system needed...IMO...This board is doing great

with out them.

Quote Originally Posted by KCLady View Post
    No CP system needed...IMO...This board is doing great

with out them.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

If we were to ever have them, I think it should be private as to how many each member has and that you don't gain any kind of status in earning them...ie: playmaker, all pro, captain ..etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

no. . . there's no need. . . it's good in theory, but ends up being more drama than it's worth. . . in this new place where we're all starting as equals, let's judge people by their quality rather than their CPs. . .

i would be all in favor of the system if people used it as it was intended and gave out CPs to reward honest contributions to the board (i.e. good posts, or something comparable) rather than giving them out simply because they like certain people, for birthdays, bets, ets, but we all know that's not how it will work. . . they ended up being a BIG distraction on Bmania, let's not have that here! let people come (and come back) for the football discussion and the enjoyment of being around fellow fans and good people. . . and weed out the juveniles who want to hoard up CPs for whatever little ego gratification it gives them-- let's do what we can to keep the discussion level high here, the board will be better for it in the long run. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 09-07-2007 at 12:10 AM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    If we were to ever have them, I think it should be private as to how many each member has and that you don't gain any kind of status in earning them...ie: playmaker, all pro, captain ..etc.
    that cool, i never really cared for the bars, but i just like knowing that i got some CP love from a friend, and they either enjoyed my post

but also, i know nothing about how these systems work, but is there a way to atumatically sign the CP if we did have it, that way you have to fess up to it no matter what you say, that would be a good idea
    ------
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw
    ------

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I'm saying no. One of the things about BM that made me most irritated was all of the "CP Bet" threads. We all know who the good posters are, we don't need CP to reflect that. We don't need a competition to see who can get the most CP.

This site is already awesome and we don't need to do anything that would tarnish its awesomeness.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I'm saying no. One of the things about BM that made me most irritated was all of the "CP Bet" threads. We all know who the good posters are, we don't need CP to reflect that. We don't need a competition to see who can get the most CP.

This site is already awesome and we don't need to do anything that would tarnish its awesomeness.
    but that why private cps would be a good idea, noone would give them out for stupid bets and such because te point of having CP over on that other board was to gain respect, bars, and whatever else came with it, but they would have the recognition of a good post for there self enjoyment, kinda just to boost your ego i guess. i always liked reading my CPs i get and knowing what post i got them from
    ------
    ------

Adopted Bronco:
    Sylvester Williams

Not needed.

Sure, they can lead to fascinating discussions about "it's all a big popularity contest" and "CP brothels", but I can do without that.

We should base the people here more on their knowledge of football then the size of their CP bars. That's the way I see it since in Broncomania it got out of hand with the board just being about CP's.
    Biff Bonk Boy!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I guess if the majority like it, but I say no. Some people like having that status.

A rep system can be good if it's implemented and used correctly, but that's the problem... it's difficult to have one work right. I don't really care for one at the moment but if we do get one, I have a few suggestions:

Rep points CANNOT be given out anonymously
    Begging for CPs in anyway (joking or serious, results in negative rep points)
    Negative rep points can only be given out by MODs

Those are my suggestions at the moment. I might have more to add later.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information