View Poll Results: Would You Want A CP System Installed

Voters
58. This poll is closed
  • Heck Yes I Do!!!

20 34.48%
  • No, all it does it cause problems

31 53.45%
  • NP i would be happy the background is a nice blue instead of blinding white light burning my retinas

7 12.07%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ***Official CP Debate Thread*** with full action poll!!!

Quote Originally Posted by -HW- View Post
    We'll be implementing a system with rules, we (advisory board) is in the process of discussing that.

so there is something in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by KCLady View Post
    so there is something in the works?

Yep! We are all listening to you all, as a whole, and taking that into consideration, as well as, debating between ourselves all the pros and cons of each. We are not at a point to vote yet, we are in the mode of retrieving opinions from all the posters here, overall. We are also trying to look down the road a bit and how it will effect this board a few years from now with a lot more members. We are weighing out what we've seen occur on other boards as well. It's something the advisory board wants to take it's time on discussing and not rush into making a decision.

Yep! We are all listening to you all, as a whole, and taking that into consideration, as well as, debating between ourselves all the pros and cons of each. We are not at a point to vote yet, we are in the mode of retrieving opinions from all the posters here, overall. We are also trying to look down the road a bit and how it will effect this board a few years from now with a lot more members. We are weighing out what we've seen occur on other boards as well. It's something the advisory board wants to take it's time on discussing and not rush into making a decision.
    OH BOY! YIPEE!
    Last edited by KCL; 09-08-2007 at 10:35 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

just say no. . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

I think a rating system for posters would be good but honestly it runs the risk of killing the board.

I doubt that posters wont be able to live without a CP system but I doubt posters WILL be able to live without a good place to discuss Broncos football/ or other stuff.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    I think a rating system for posters would be good but honestly it runs the risk of killing the board.

I doubt that posters wont be able to live without a CP system but I doubt posters WILL be able to live without a good place to discuss Broncos football/ or other stuff.

Just my opinion.
    To go along with that, I've truly enjoyed the CP system on the "other" site. But I also know it has serious flaws (anonymous jerks, negs gave too much power to a few unreliable posters etc)

I would like something along the lines of a five-star system. So you can review your posters as you would your movies

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

We'll be implementing a system with rules, we (advisory board) is in the process of discussing that. We are taking our time and it's hard to get us all on here at one time to discuss it. There's many, many details to consider. There's also liabilities to be considered, which most posters probably don't really think too much about, or perhaps even care too much about (possibly).

I did the CP bet one time.....and I was being foolish. I bet against the Sooners for NE Cornhuskers. Remember that last fall? *smacking self* However, it gave me a good idea of just exactly how lame those bets were and the poster frenzy over retrieving the cps they won. There were way too many that reminded me of screaming girls at a hot concert. I think that aided in depleting the whole idea of the cp system, and watched the arguments from those ---- yowzer!
    I know this a different subject but whose on this advisory board and how were they chosen and will this be an elected position every year. And when this final decision is made will the community get to vote whether or not they want this CP system or anything else, or is this advisory board going to do all the decision making?

I have a great idea TNED

visit this web page....www.sherdog.com

this is a mixed martial arts forum that has a lot of traffic, some of you might have been there before. what they use is not the cp system but they do a belt color change. you start out at white belt and the more you post your belt color changes. you can post all the way up to black belt i believe.

well what if we implemented that here at broncoforums? not the belt color but something simular like an icon of a football that changed colors. maybe start with regular football and go , bronze, silver, gold and then platinum. maybe change the color every 1000 post???

just a thought
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad B View Post
    I know this a different subject but whose on this advisory board and how were they chosen and will this be an elected position every year. And when this final decision is made will the community get to vote whether or not they want this CP system or anything else, or is this advisory board going to do all the decision making?
    This small, handful of posters was asked by tned to either be a mod or on the advisory board. You can read his thread that is tacked above the introduce yourself forum within the forum at the top of all threads, and that will tell you how it started out. Then from this small, handful of people tned has chosen, we are discussing and voting on extending that base of staff out, decisions made by a majority vote within this group. I do not see that the mods or advisory board will ever be elected by the posters, as that could be another ugly popularity contest. Keep in mind, tned started out this board. He has put in hundreds of hours of his time and his money to get this up and running, and there are continuous costs involved. There are several goals we have as the staff. Our goal, once we get up to adequate staff, is to separate out the moderating staff from the advisory board. Thus, all rules, regulations, etc would have to be voted on by the advisory board, including a suspension or banning, so we can fairly weigh out the situation. Once those are voted on and decided, tned will post the final outcome. Anything prior to that spoken, would definitely be premature and inaccurate.
    Last edited by Jody; 09-08-2007 at 01:45 PM.

Well, the thread used to be there. I'm not sure exactly where it went. Sorry, I didn't know it was taken off. That's okay....when tned's available, maybe he will explain.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

This small, handful of posters was asked by tned to either be a mod or on the advisory board. You can read his thread that is tacked above the introduce yourself forum within the forum at the top of all threads, and that will tell you how it started out. Then from this small, handful of people tned has chosen, we are discussing and voting on extending that base of staff out, decisions made by a majority vote within this group. I do not see that the mods or advisory board will ever be elected by the posters, as that could be another ugly popularity contest. Keep in mind, tned started out this board. He has put in hundreds of hours of his time and his money to get this up and running, and there are continuous costs involved. There are several goals we have as the staff. Our goal, once we get up to adequate staff, is to separate out the moderating staff from the advisory board. Thus, all rules, regulations, etc would have to be voted on by the advisory board, including a suspension or banning, so we can fairly weigh out the situation. Once those are voted on and decided, tned will post the final outcome. Anything prior to that spoken, would definitely be premature and inaccurate.

I understand what tned has done and he's gotten much gratitude and it's his board and he can do what he wants. All I asked is who is on the advisory board. And maybe under their username they can put that they are an advisory board member, but I see alot of posters here who complained in BM their voices weren't heard through the polls. I think the CP issue should be voted on by the community and not just a panel of 'X' amount of people vote on the issue, this will be handling the issue the same way BM has handled their issues, a handful of people making the decisions and ignoring the posters of this community.

The problem with a ranking by posts is that it encourages spam.

If someone's sitting at 92 posts, with nothing else to talk about, and a "status change" is at 100, they may make 8 garbage posts.

I don't mind it that much, especially if it's controlled.

Admin on the "other" site, still your friendly Broncos fan

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post

If someone's sitting at 92 posts, with nothing else to talk about, and a "status change" is at 100, they may make 8 garbage posts.

That's a good point to consider, RYO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post

seriously. . . . ANY type of ranking system, certain people will eventually turn into some type of competition. . . whether it's footballs, stars, icons, whatever-- those may seem novel now because they're different, but in time it'll turn into the same old thing it was on Bmania. . .

why do we need any kind of rank system at all?? even after this place expands beyond us Bmania members who all know each other, anyone who spends any amount of time here will get to know which posters they like and respect-- why put any type of "rep" system in place to influence people's opinions? let every post stand on it's own merits! IMO that's by far the best, most honest approach. . . i just don't understand why any type of system at all is needed, or even wanted. . . if we have a high level of discussion, shouldn't that be good enough for everyone? the board shouldn't NEED any added incentives to keep people coming back!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad B View Post
    I understand what tned has done and he's gotten much gratitude and it's his board and he can do what he wants. All I asked is who is on the advisory board. And maybe under their username they can put that they are an advisory board member, but I see alot of posters here who complained in BM their voices weren't heard through the polls. I think the CP issue should be voted on by the community and not just a panel of 'X' amount of people vote on the issue, this will be handling the issue the same way BM has handled their issues, a handful of people making the decisions and ignoring the posters of this community.
    Well, right now for admin, mods, and advisory board we have: BroncoMtnMan, Topscribe, Denver Native, JRWiz, HW, and Tnednator. If I left anyone out, my apologies.

I like your idea on having moderator, admin, or advisory board under the name of the poster and they will all read this thread eventually and we can discuss that and vote on it together not too far down the road. Makes a whole lot of sense to me and it makes it clear to everyone who is who and who does what. All of this will make a lot more sense to everyone once we conclude what we want for all the rules across the board, as I know tned's planning on posting them once completed and agreed on.

As far as your feelings on what should happen on this board with how the decision comes for having cp's or not, I'll not comment on that for the time being, as all of the staff have their own feelings on that and I can't speak for anyone and won't for myself on that issue right now. Other than to say, posters opinions are definitely being kept on the table, and that is a huge part of the picture.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information